has completed his diary and exercise diary for BLAH BLAH BLAH! ... BA HUMBUG!

Options
124»

Replies

• fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Perhaps some of us (ahem) should read the real effects of being "hangry." http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/hunger-good-bad-hangry
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I agree with Dan. I think some are irrelevant and I have to skim through most looking for a specific person or comment. Thanks. Just my 2 cents worth.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to sort the order of how things appear in the newsfeed. Instead of chronological(strictly) you should be able to say "non-automatic updates receive priority at the top" or something. I know I've missed things because everything is chronological. I also wish the "so and so posted a new blog post:name of blogpost" had an actual link to the blog post instead of just a notification. If there could be filters for what I see and don't see I'd want some way to say "see everything from 'username'" I have some friends who really need the positive feeling of a like on the diary completion and some like me who never hit the complete button.

I have made a mental note to always cut and paste the blog link as my first comment, and encourage others to do so as well. I was very pleasantly surprised when I could click on it in the app. It did take me to the internet, but at least something was clickable.

Also, as future reference, you can always type in your browser (phone, tablet, or computer) this:

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/USERNAMEHERE

It won't take you to a specific blog, but it will take you to the user's blog, and you can navigate from there using the chronological order, month list, etc.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Useful tip, thanks.
  • ldmoor
    ldmoor Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the information Dan, and agree that it can be annoying. After I got back from vacation, I tried to catch up with my friends and encourage them on their activity when I was gone, but all I got was long lists of automatic postings on my wall. Since my internet has been flaky, and shutting on and off for no reason due to work in the area, it was almost impossible to find my friends intentional postings. I gave up after 15 minutes and getting frustrated at how long it was taking.

It would have been great to just scroll down and interact with my friends, instead of trying to sort through the automatic 'stuff'.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I hear you too Dan. I can't be bothered to go through pages of the automatic status updates so I often miss a lot of things. Like, I miss a lot of your funny updates :-( But I understand why people may still want to "announce" it all. I think a lot of people though don't know you can turn the things off. I didn't! I also don't usually ever click the complete diary button (or whatever it says) either.

But yeah, I feel the reall problem is the mfp structure. That we should be able to filter what's coming in instead of only what's going out. That would really be helpful. Maybe someone will write a tamper monkey script for it! That would be brilliant! And on a final note, I'm really surprised how upset some people were at your comments. I found it quite amusing and informative really.
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was happy to turn mine off. It easy mental sabotage when I would forget to hit the complete. For some reason it played on my anxieties even though I knew I logged (as I need to for nutritional reasons currently) my day. I would put an unhealthy abundance of focus on hitting the stupid complete when other things needed it more so.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Dan, You got me to thinking, I didn't know I could turn off the news feed I was getting in triplicates, or at least 2 of them.
    I found I could stop them from my email & found I could stop the notifications on my phone.
    Now I can just enjoy them when I log on to my home page. :)
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options

It would be nice if the settings worked for both directions with one check box.

lr70bgxe1idx.jpg

>:) OR o:)

• katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I turned them all off.
  • NewSue52
    NewSue52 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This is useful information. I turned off many of the things I had approved and added the Ad Blocker. MFP is much more pleasant to use.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Mine have been adjusted too.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Dan, I appreciate your frustration, but, I personally, used to view others diaries while learning this woe. Seeing what others were eating helped me, tremendously. I still look at them hoping to offer advice or encouragement when needed. I feel this is part of the whole support package. I don't log regularly anymore but I always appreciated the advice I received and want to pay it forward.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if the settings worked for both directions with one check box.

Agreed.