Struggles

Options

Replies

• CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    amalik3511 wrote: »
    Really scared of the weigh in tomorrow....busy work travels have prevented me to do workouts for full one week. I tried some walk on Saturday but it was raining and could do only 30 min.

Me too lol
  • Chrisv44
    Chrisv44 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had my first test of the semester I got an 82, was shooting for an A. (I'm in nursing school so for me a low B isn't very good (I know it could be worse).) On top of that I had a rough night. I just want something chocolate! But instead I'm on the hike and bike trail half way through an 1.5 hour walk. Hoping my craving will go away by the time my walk is over.
  • CowboySar
    Options
    Chrisv44 wrote: »
    I had my first test of the semester I got an 82, was shooting for an A. (I'm in nursing school so for me a low B isn't very good (I know it could be worse).) On top of that I had a rough night. I just want something chocolate! But instead I'm on the hike and bike trail half way through an 1.5 hour walk. Hoping my craving will go away by the time my walk is over.

Way to go on all fronts
  • amsdragonfly
    amsdragonfly Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Really scared of the weigh in tomorrow....busy work travels have prevented me to do workouts for full one week. I tried some walk on Saturday but it was raining and could do only 30 min.

30 min is better than nothing! Anywhere you can fit it in, fit it in.

I couldn't fit workout time in during my day most days since going back to teaching this month with school opening, so now I get up an extra hour in the morning to jog. I didn't think I could do it, but after 3-4 days it is a part of my routine. If you want something bad enough, you can do it!! :smiley:
  • amalik3511
    amalik3511 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

30 min is better than nothing! Anywhere you can fit it in, fit it in.

I couldn't fit workout time in during my day most days since going back to teaching this month with school opening, so now I get up an extra hour in the morning to jog. I didn't think I could do it, but after 3-4 days it is a part of my routine. If you want something bad enough, you can do it!! :smiley:

Thanks amsdragonfly....this is indeed a helpful encouragement....
  • Chrisv44
    Options
    I weighed do myself this morning and it says I'm up 3 lbs.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options

That could mean a billion different things- are you weighing yourself only once a week, at the same time of day? Also what you have eaten lately, time of month and other things can cause bloating which can throw it off. If you don't think it's any of those things- can you look back on your week and see anything that might be the cause? Lack of exercise (or changing up your exercise regimen), or eating more calories or a number of things.

I'd say, keep it up and look back in a month. If you are still up then I would make a few changes. But I bet you will be down in weight after a month if you are serious about changing your lifestyle to include fewer calories, healthier foods and more exercise. :)
  • amalik3511
    Options

That could mean a billion different things- are you weighing yourself only once a week, at the same time of day? Also what you have eaten lately, time of month and other things can cause bloating which can throw it off. If you don't think it's any of those things- can you look back on your week and see anything that might be the cause? Lack of exercise (or changing up your exercise regimen), or eating more calories or a number of things.

I'd say, keep it up and look back in a month. If you are still up then I would make a few changes. But I bet you will be down in weight after a month if you are serious about changing your lifestyle to include fewer calories, healthier foods and more exercise. :)

Do not even consider 4-5 lbs in the journey to weight loss...its very much possible just some water weight or else ticking the scales.
  • CowboySar
    Options
    As usual scared for Wednesday Mornings lol
  • amalik3511
    Options
    No change...same weight as last Wed...

Dear Weight - Please fall. Thanks.
  • amalik3511
    Options
    For two weeks, I hv not lost a pound...I hv switched to daily weight lifting as well which is resulting in extreme soreness but showing gain of 5-6 lbs...may be I should go back to just cardio...stressed and discouraged..
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    For two weeks, I hv not lost a pound...I hv switched to daily weight lifting as well which is resulting in extreme soreness but showing gain of 5-6 lbs...may be I should go back to just cardio...stressed and discouraged..

I stayed the same for three weeks. Really frustrating, but this week I finally saw loss- 4 lbs! Don't be discouraged, not all bodies are the same. I just kept pretty strict to my caloric intake and kept running, and it finally came through. Keep it up! Also keep in mind, that with weight lifting your are going to always see gain since the point is building and gaining muscle. Keep your cardio in there.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    Gotta say, this week has been really rough. Mainly Wed & Thurs because of a wedding in the family this Saturday so having to do a lot of driving and coming home late. It made it difficult for me to get up to exercise. No exercise yesterday and none this morning. Hoping to get some in this afternoon and tomorrow before our 3 1/2 hour drive to the wedding Saturday. It's rough when your established routine is broken!
  • amalik3511
    Options

I stayed the same for three weeks. Really frustrating, but this week I finally saw loss- 4 lbs! Don't be discouraged, not all bodies are the same. I just kept pretty strict to my caloric intake and kept running, and it finally came through. Keep it up! Also keep in mind, that with weight lifting your are going to always see gain since the point is building and gaining muscle. Keep your cardio in there.

Thanks for thr encouragement...I decided to pull back on weight lifting and did only cardio for a couple of days...not only I startef losing again but as well got relief from the soreness due to weight lifting....will aim to try a combo of two from now on...
  • Chrisv44
    Options
    I haven't been tracking calories for the past few days and haven't walked. I feel the difference. I'm feeling blah, and drained. After work I plan on making myself walk at least 30 min! Hoping this 12 hour shift is easy peazy!
  • amalik3511
    Options
    I haven't been tracking calories for the past few days and haven't walked. I feel the difference. I'm feeling blah, and drained. After work I plan on making myself walk at least 30 min! Hoping this 12 hour shift is easy peazy!

Keep at it, whenever there is time, try do some walk...I usually try to do simple exercises like reps of sitting on floor and then standing up, I try doing it 5-10 times every 3 hours or so.
  • EttaWB
    EttaWB Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I ate like crazy on vacation and today is the first day I feel better. I decided I'd eat whatever I wanted while on vacation and as soon as I get home I'd get on track. Well, that was on again off again. Staying on track has been harder than expected. Today I started off with a made up mind and my goal is to get through today without eating sweets or fatty food and to hit the gym. This is critical and must happen. I still have almost 50 lbs to lose.
  • amsdragonfly
    Options
    EttaWB wrote: »
    I ate like crazy on vacation and today is the first day I feel better. I decided I'd eat whatever I wanted while on vacation and as soon as I get home I'd get on track. Well, that was on again off again. Staying on track has been harder than expected. Today I started off with a made up mind and my goal is to get through today without eating sweets or fatty food and to hit the gym. This is critical and must happen. I still have almost 50 lbs to lose.

You can do it Etta! I found that when I let myself eat whatever I wanted while on vacation or the weekends it was WAY more difficult to get back into a healthy routine. Having desert is fine, but in moderation. Like this past Saturday I let myself have an apple fritter at a festival we went to, but I only had one. I wanted more, but that was my treat. Gotta have limits otherwise I wont lose anymore, and I'll gain back what I lost. Gotta keep the goal (weight) in sight! :)
  • EttaWB
    EttaWB Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @amsdragonfly, Thanks and you're so right. The more days passed the more I didn't feel up to it. I then realized that I was following the same pattern I always did. Vacation would be the end of my journey. Getting sick didn't help at all. But I successfully made it through yesterday. Today I have the same goal and I'm not thinking about tomorrow. Just have a good day.
  • Kiismyaces
    Kiismyaces Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I haven't been eating right or excercising like I should. I have to get back to it and the people that are continously posting are my inspiration. I created to group to motivate others, but I've been slacking. Happy to be a part of this, thanks for doing a great job and sticking to it!