KISS: Keep It Simple September

Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Some good KISSING going on! ;)
    My week 2 went ok. I've been out of town doing some remodeling work for my dad, so I've been relying on BPC, pepperoni, cheese, celery, cream cheese and protein shakes for most of eating since cooking isn't happening after I've worked my butt off all day.
    I couldn't weigh in because he has no scale. I did check my weight when I took him to his doctor appointment but it was in the afternoon and I had on shoes and jeans and have very swollen sore muscles from the work. I think that it only showed 4 lbs over last weigh in is very promising that there will be a loss from this week though. :)
    I didn't reduce my artificial sweetener in my morning coffee any further this week, basically cuz I didn't wanna dang it! I will do that once I'm back home in the next few days and can focus on my goals again. I can't even remember what my other goal was I'm so overwhelmed with the work I've got going here. Lol
    But, things are still on track for the most part.
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Another simple thing

The body needs a rest day. It is easy to get carried away with it and not take a rest day.

So today, rest as required.

It is just that simple
  • pondsbb
    pondsbb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    pondsbb wrote: »
    My KISS
    Put the scales away for the month
    Add a stretch/yoga routine three days a week
    Eat simpiler..things like steak, broccoli and butter and things that don't take a lot of prep
    Prep snacks on weeked for entire week like boiled eggs, celery sticks, carrot sticks, dip.

Goal- to end the month feeling rejuvenated and hopefully weigh end of month with a loss.

Good luck all. Hope your week goals go better than mine.

I have already missed my yoga this week because of camping and boating. It is hard to yoga on water.

I did get in exercise. Water skiing.

My food choices have been a labor day week mess.

The only thing I prepped was some bell peppers and dip and hubby ate half of that in one day.

The only thing I have managed is not weighing. I haven't had time.

So far my rejuvenation is legs that feel like rubber from the skiing. I'm a bit dizzy too.

Hopefully next week will fair better.

Week two- Total wreck, nuff said. I'm having fun though.

I have managed to stay off scales. Too busy to think about it.

IMG_20150920_152959.jpg
    I think I shrunk! No really we were just sitting in some big joke like chairs. Camping so much I have decided to try and not track any food to the end of the month. Then weigh and see how I did. I have to learn how to maintain without tracking someday. Yoga not going so well but I'm hangin..lol
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Late checking in, sorry. I am doing well on planning my meals and keeping them simple. I have been successful on drinking more water. I am walking every day. Some days more than others depending on how my back feels, but I am moving every day. I am down 4.3 pounds this week and 2.5 inches. That was a nice surprise. I am also being kinder to myself. I am allowing myself to take naps. I am tired during this healing process and I was pushing myself to stay up when I was tired during the day. Now I nap. A small kindness to myself that has made a huge difference for me.
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a little late checking in again, but here goes.

Ditch the scale all month? Not so much. I'm an addict. But I'm not weighing every day, so that's good.

I've done pretty well with sticking to my simple macro-friendly foods without weighing/measuring/logging.

I was at a conference at a resort in San Diego the second half of last week. Nothing within walking distance, and no food available other than what was provided. Carbs galore, but I stayed on track and just went hungry until going out for dinner. Seriously--even breakfast. Yes, we have eggs, they're just wrapped up in a tortilla with a bunch of potatoes. You don't want that? Have a bagel, or oatmeal, or melons...Sigh. For lunch? A tiny piece of chicken, ONE PIECE of okra, one carrot, and some rice. Double sigh. But, the place was beautiful, and I got in an 8 mile run on Thursday, so I'm happy.

I was bad yesterday and had some beer. My carbs were low enough the rest of the day that I didn't knock myself out of ketosis, so that's good. No more beer for me though. Ugh, the bloat!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I've been meaning to post here since it first went up. Sorry for my lateness. I've been on an egg fast since Sunday, because I'd let things get out of hand and when I replaced my scale batteries I saw the weight going up a tiny bit. Simplicity is good!

KISS Goals/Plan:
    1) Simplify my eating by continuing the egg fast on workdays and regular LCHF on weekends, focusing primarily on meat, eggs, vegetables, and a little dairy on my non-egg-fasting days.
    2) Drink at least 96oz water but preferably 128oz (I have a 32-ounce water bottle and try to empty it 4 times a day).
    3) Take my supplements every single day.
    4) Declutter my finances. I won't go into detail on this.
    :smile:

Expected results:
    1&2) I don't expect to lose as much weight on subsequent egg fasts as I did this first time (I am down 5.6 lbs over 5 days of egg fasting), but I will be happy with a couple pounds a week on average.
    3) Have more energy and fewer undesired symptoms (like muscle cramps, etc.).
    4) To begin to see the light at the end of a very long tunnel and to not be in constant crisis/stress mode, which should substantially improve my relationship with my husband.

Starting Weight:
    September 1 Weight: 189.4
    Today's Weight: 187.4
    I also took measurements yesterday and will be tracking them to see my progress.

9/21 check-in:

1) No more egg fast for me. I've gone back to IF instead. Last week on work days I fasted from around 8-9 at night until about 3 in the afternoon, having my BPC (coffee + coconut oil + butter) at 6am on my morning commute. Over the weekend I broke my fast around noon, because, well, I was hungry and cooking for everyone else anyway. I've kept my carbs pretty low every day, around 20-25 net at the most. That's progress in and of itself. :) I've also been exercising more days than not using the Sworkit app I downloaded from Amazon Underground last week. I'm totally loving it. It's nothing exciting, but it's so easy. I just tell it how much time I want to work out (in 5-minute increments) and what type of workout I want to do (or use one of my saved workouts), and it gives me a circuit to do. If I don't like an exercise, I can skip it, and it will just add something else onto the end to still make it the right amount of time.
    2) I continue to do well with water during the week but struggle on weekends. I drank 64oz each day on the weekend, give or take.
    3) Again I failed at taking my supplements this weekend. There's something about weekend nights that makes it difficult to remember my normal routine.
    4) No snafus here, except giving in to some indulgences this weekend. I decided to do something I haven't done in years and totally spoil myself by getting what I consider to be an expensive bottle of gin ($25 is a splurge around here). I totally deserved it, by the way. Had a few gin and diet tonics this weekend and didn't regret it for a second. Even when I had to tell hubby we couldn't afford a couple things he wanted to buy (a 4th fish, a rug for the balcony, a new shower curtain for the second bathroom). Folks, believe me when I say that I NEVER do anything for myself. Never. My father-in-law recently asked me what I like to receive as gifts, and I honestly couldn't tell him. Books, getting my hair done, getting my nails done... that's all I could say. I'm a simple girl, but once in a while it's nice to do something entirely for me. Also, I interviewed on Thursday afternoon for a weekend job at an acute care psychiatric facility literally 5 blocks from my home. I will be so stoked if they offer me the job, and it will help me get out of debt much faster and take some of the pressure off my budget. *fingers crossed*

Today's weight: 187.4. No loss since my first post, but I'm down 3.2 lbs from last week's check-in. My weight has been bouncing around quite a bit this month, but I've also been less than consistent with lots of things. I haven't taken any measurements since the beginning of the month.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    KISS Goal:
    • Stop driving myself bats weighing every day. It does nothing but get me wound up when the scale is being an idiot. And then I act like an idiot. Stop it!
    • Cut the alcohol. All my husband buys is rotgut bottom-shelf vodka. Sure it feels nice being all relaxed for a short period, but I sleep terribly and am a grouchy, hung-over jerk the next day. What is this benefiting me? It blows out my calories. I feel awful. I don't need booze to have a good evening. Stop it!

Sept 8th update:
    So far so good. Not a drop of booze. I weighed-in last week at 159. Didn't weigh until this morning. And I'm up 2lb to 161. Which isn't surprising in the least since I made a bit too liberal with carbs the past 2 days and I believe TOM is lurking ready to pounce. I really got kindof depressed yesterday since the "holiday" is over. Homeschooling burns me out pretty regularly. (Wait until winter... when I'm stuck in the house for days due to snow...hooboy.) I spent most of the evenings of our camping trip running the 4 kids back to town for soccer practices (45min drive one way) and to the house after to feed the kitties, and the rest of the time roasting to death and getting pissed off by the in-laws. I really wanted a drink...so I ate a half-bag of semi-sweet choc chips instead. Not the best decision ever, I must admit.

I also need to add cutting down on the artificial sweetener to my monthly goal. I've been suspicious for awhile about this. It turns out if I have too much aspartame, and/or ace K, in a day, TMI alert, it causes me kidney and bladder pain. Feels like I have a UTI, and I'm running to the bathroom feeling like I need to pee constantly (when my bladder isn't even close to full.) So it may not cause me cancer or poison me, but it is the devil in another way. So I need to make sure to keep the diet sodas to 1 or less per day.

So...weekly take-away: I need to not be a dumbarse and make sure I have the Tension Tamer tea and light a lavender candle in the evenings or something so I can zen out enough to stay out of the choc chips.

Sept 15th update:
    SW: 159
    Week 1: 161
    Week 2: 158.2

So. On Friday I experienced some well-intentioned-spousal-sabotage. Hubby mixed me a strong drink. Even though he knew that I was trying to stay away from the stuff. He'd already mixed his own, so he wouldn't be drinking it. So to not waste the expensive drink, I went ahead. But I paid him back though by waking up at 4am with hot flashes and not able to go back to sleep, which woke him up and my tossing-and-turning kept him awake. Served him right. I think he finally gets it.

I kept my diet soda/(ace K & aspartame) down and am not having as much of an issue. Thankfully, but I still have to get up 3 times a night (with legitimate reason-as in very full bladder), which I get tired of. If I'm going to dump water, I'd rather it be in the daylight hours, TYVM! I don't drink a lot of fluids before bed. This is getting dumb.

Anyway...
    I stayed away from those damn choc chips thanks to tea and gum. So I'm back down to my August weight. It's not my low, though. I've been working hard to keep the cals to 1550 during the week, and allowing myself to eat a few hundred cals more on the weekend. Which I probably should stop. But it's really hard when restaurants are ridiculous calorie-wise. And I end up being places I can't track. Eating to satiety for me means eating maintenance. So if I don't track, I don't lose. Gripe, whine, grouse.

Must remind the DH to not share with me this weekend. I think I'll budget in a LC choc cheesecake (single serving) for Saturday night to make it special without me having to hit the booze. The kids will be gone for the night to the grandparents. I think part of the problem is that I feel like celebrating/having a good time. Which used to mean either getting drunk or eating a bunch of junk. Now that I don't do that any more, I don't know what to do with myself. It's going to be a process...I think.

Sept 22 update:

Happy Anniversary to me. 15 years. It's been a sometimes bumpy ride, but everything is coming up roses for the past year since I've lost the weight and since the diet has regulated my mood, and consequently DH's mood since he has such a healthy and sexy wife. :wink:

Week 3: 158.0

Down to 158 this morning at my weekly weigh in. I HAVE been staying away from the scale. It's the first time I've stepped on it since last week. I absolutely am irritated that it wasn't lower, as I have been so much better at keeping under 1550 cals and stepped up the calorie burn in my exercise. Oh well. This is the crap that had derailed me and drove me nuts the past couple months. I may have hit my set point. I may have dipped to 156.2 for a day, but it doesn't seem to want to go, or stay, below 158. Bah....still trying.

I did drink on Sat night. DH pestered me about wanting a drink (the kids were gone to the ILs for the night) over and over. So I had one, but I cut the amount by about 2oz and I felt loads better the next day than I would have otherwise. This may be a good compromise. One weekend night only and only 4oz of vodka. Period. That may sound like a lot of alcohol to most, but I never got the keto-induced-lightweight-syndrome. It takes as much as it ever has to get me there. So 4oz is enough to get me nice and buzzed but not enough to make me feel like roadkill. :+1:

So...onward and forward through this next week. I shall continue to ignore the scale, and I shall continue to log and stay under my cal goal. And will only imbibe a little on one evening. Maybe I'll see some progress next week. Regardless, I'll know that I'm doing all the right things like I should be.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    KISS Goal:
    1. Get back to basics. Lately, I have been trying too many faux foods (almond flour is so NOT my friend), letting my quantities creep (not even carb foods, just in general), eating too much of keto desserts to the point of getting sick or eating way too much, stopped eating basic foods/depending on weird stuff.
    2. Focus on my water. I haven't hit a single water goal in a month. SAD.
    3. Work towards getting more sleep. I had gotten up to getting nearly 7 hours a night (up from 4.5 average), and then I added in some mindfulness destressing, which took up far more time than intended, and I'm back to 4.5-5 hours a night... I just can't do that! And if something prevents me from sleeping when preferred (insomnia or life, etc), work on getting more self care in - it's relaxing and needs to become routine.

Implementation Plan:
    1. Focus on meal prepping for my breakfast. Eggs, sausage, cheese, etc. Batch cook on weekends/evenings so I can just reheat in the mornings. Stop experimenting. Get back to individually portioned fat bombs and fat bombs that agree with me more. Repeat: eggs, meats (not generally processed), and the veggies I love. Have the majority of my daily intake be real food, not some fill in item that "fits the fat macro" but has no other nutritional value.
    2. Drink a water bottle fully before getting out of bed. Retool my reminders on my water tracking app to be more value-added. Make it a habit again.
    3. Going to start tracking tomorrow night, then work to add a minimum of 10 minutes per night until I'm over 6 hours of sleep. Target is 7 hours, as I just don't know if 8 hours is feasible, as going to bed at 9 pm means dinner then bed - no couple time, which is essential to both of our sanity. The first and last 30 minutes of my day should be all about me, rejuvenating and relaxing. I have a few new things I'm hoping to put in the rotation this month.

Expected results:

I want to get that scale and those sizes trending downward again. I've been kind of stuck in a "transporter loop" of my own making. I've looped past this low weight at least twice, and it is my intention to make this time the last time. All of these items above will add peace and quality of life to mine. My primary focus is on my health, and I want to make some more good strides before my next check ups in October.

Update (5/10 - a little late)...
    1. Basics - Still haven't kicked the dessert portion habit. I've gotten lazy in not wanting to prepare fat bombs and desserts in batches, so am going for the easy stuff that has carb creep. But I've intentionally run myself out of a few easier ingredients, so working that angle. (EEEK - ran out of breakfast stuff. Must make tonight!)
    2. Water - I'm getting closer, but still no cigar. Since I'm mostly avoiding the scale, today was the first day I finished my water bottle before getting going. Was great, but slowed down my other morning water...
    3. Sleep - I'm THANKFULLY back up to about 6 hours per night as my average, up from under 5 hours, so I'm going to stick with that and work on adding more. Not stepping up evenly, but any time I make it to bed before midnight is great. Also got up 15 minutes earlier today.
    4. Blogged today about feeling stuck and all. Had a rough day yesterday due to a personal unniversary...but didn't go off plan... Oh, and been knitting or coloring nearly every night. It is definitely helping with better sleep.

I did better with the fat bombs last week. Didn't portion them, but had a consistent portion each time. But, I've tracked 8 days in a row my diary entries - today will make 9. It's helping mindfulness.

Water, I'm up to 80 oz daily consistently, but still struggling to get back to 120 oz.

Sleep - I'm hit and miss. Some days 5 hours, some days 7+.

I'm still feeling like a mess, but at times, at least I feel like there's a little order to the chaos.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I've been meaning to post here since it first went up. Sorry for my lateness. I've been on an egg fast since Sunday, because I'd let things get out of hand and when I replaced my scale batteries I saw the weight going up a tiny bit. Simplicity is good!

KISS Goals/Plan:
    1) Simplify my eating by continuing the egg fast on workdays and regular LCHF on weekends, focusing primarily on meat, eggs, vegetables, and a little dairy on my non-egg-fasting days.
    2) Drink at least 96oz water but preferably 128oz (I have a 32-ounce water bottle and try to empty it 4 times a day).

Expected results:
    1&2) I don't expect to lose as much weight on subsequent egg fasts as I did this first time (I am down 5.6 lbs over 5 days of egg fasting), but I will be happy with a couple pounds a week on average.
    4) To begin to see the light at the end of a very long tunnel and to not be in constant crisis/stress mode, which should substantially improve my relationship with my husband.

Starting Weight:
    I also took measurements yesterday and will be tracking them to see my progress.

9/21 check-in:

1) No more egg fast for me. I've gone back to IF instead. Last week on work days I fasted from around 8-9 at night until about 3 in the afternoon, having my BPC (coffee + coconut oil + butter) at 6am on my morning commute. Over the weekend I broke my fast around noon, because, well, I was hungry and cooking for everyone else anyway. I've kept my carbs pretty low every day, around 20-25 net at the most. That's progress in and of itself. :) I've also been exercising more days than not using the Sworkit app I downloaded from Amazon Underground last week. I'm totally loving it. It's nothing exciting, but it's so easy. I just tell it how much time I want to work out (in 5-minute increments) and what type of workout I want to do (or use one of my saved workouts), and it gives me a circuit to do. If I don't like an exercise, I can skip it, and it will just add something else onto the end to still make it the right amount of time.
    2) I continue to do well with water during the week but struggle on weekends. I drank 64oz each day on the weekend, give or take.
    3) Again I failed at taking my supplements this weekend. There's something about weekend nights that makes it difficult to remember my normal routine.
    4) No snafus here, except giving in to some indulgences this weekend. I decided to do something I haven't done in years and totally spoil myself by getting what I consider to be an expensive bottle of gin ($25 is a splurge around here). I totally deserved it, by the way. Had a few gin and diet tonics this weekend and didn't regret it for a second. Even when I had to tell hubby we couldn't afford a couple things he wanted to buy (a 4th fish, a rug for the balcony, a new shower curtain for the second bathroom). Folks, believe me when I say that I NEVER do anything for myself. Never. My father-in-law recently asked me what I like to receive as gifts, and I honestly couldn't tell him. Books, getting my hair done, getting my nails done... that's all I could say. I'm a simple girl, but once in a while it's nice to do something entirely for me. Also, I interviewed on Thursday afternoon for a weekend job at an acute care psychiatric facility literally 5 blocks from my home. I will be so stoked if they offer me the job, and it will help me get out of debt much faster and take some of the pressure off my budget. *fingers crossed*

Today's weight: 187.4. No loss since my first post, but I'm down 3.2 lbs from last week's check-in. My weight has been bouncing around quite a bit this month, but I've also been less than consistent with lots of things. I haven't taken any measurements since the beginning of the month.

I put my magnesium and my hyaluronic acid supplements on my bedside table, so that whatever time I go to bed I can take them Would something like this work for you??

Good luck on the interview/job!
  • DianaElena76
    Options

KISS Goals/Plan:

Expected results:

Starting Weight:

9/21 check-in:

I put my magnesium and my hyaluronic acid supplements on my bedside table, so that whatever time I go to bed I can take them Would something like this work for you??

Things get lost on my bedside table. :tongue: It's actually where I keep my just-in-case-I-need-to-run-out-of-the-house-in-the-middle-of-the-night possessions. Meaning my purse, cell phone, etc. I try to remember to take my supplements while I'm in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner, and during the week I do remember (because I have a routine--after the kids are put down for the night I always have to wash bottles/sippy cups, load the dishwasher, put away any leftovers, and set my coffee pot for the next morning). I keep them in the same cupboard as my coffee, so when I'm setting the coffee pot I am reminded to take them. But I don't use the auto timer on the coffee pot on the weekend because I don't get up at a set time (weekends = whenever the kids get loud, LOL), so I'm not reminded to take them.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options

KISS Goals/Plan:

Expected results:

Starting Weight:

9/21 check-in:

Things get lost on my bedside table. :tongue: It's actually where I keep my just-in-case-I-need-to-run-out-of-the-house-in-the-middle-of-the-night possessions. Meaning my purse, cell phone, etc. I try to remember to take my supplements while I'm in the kitchen cleaning up after dinner, and during the week I do remember (because I have a routine--after the kids are put down for the night I always have to wash bottles/sippy cups, load the dishwasher, put away any leftovers, and set my coffee pot for the next morning). I keep them in the same cupboard as my coffee, so when I'm setting the coffee pot I am reminded to take them. But I don't use the auto timer on the coffee pot on the weekend because I don't get up at a set time (weekends = whenever the kids get loud, LOL), so I'm not reminded to take them.

I vote again for the phone timer! If yours is like mine, you can set a weekend only reminder for a certain time - and go take them then. I had to make myself not turn off the alarm until I actually had the medication in my hand, or I could get busy and forget. It's been a great habit!
  • DianaElena76
    Options

KISS Goals/Plan:

Expected results:

Starting Weight:

9/21 check-in:

I vote again for the phone timer! If yours is like mine, you can set a weekend only reminder for a certain time - and go take them then. I had to make myself not turn off the alarm until I actually had the medication in my hand, or I could get busy and forget. It's been a great habit!

Yup, great idea! I can add it to my list of scheduled alarms--5 each weekday morning to inspire me to get my butt out of bed! :) Adding alarm now. Why didn't I think of that?
  • clayswife13
    clayswife13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    KISS Goal:
    How about simply get started! Today is the first day of my plan and my goal is to get to nothing but meat, eggs, veggies, and little fruit period

Implementation Plan:
    Meal plan as much as possible. I have been able to get breakfast and lunch sorted for this week, supper will be more difficult but I can always just have the meat and veggies my family has and leave the starches alone.

Expected results:
    Feel better about me for taking the steps to make a change and in turn gain the ability to continue.

Weight today: 309 going to set my goal weight to 304 since I have no idea how fast or slow it will come off yet

9/22 check-in!!
    Goal--gotten started, the weekend was pretty bad but with all of the family issues we were dealing with I am not going to stress over it! I have started increasing sodium intake by adding salt to everything I can without getting totally grossed out (not a big salt eater), supper has been easier than I thought, mainly because I'm not all that hungry so if they are having something too starchy I just have the meat and am satisfied, but I have tried some new things like mashed cauliflower (yum). Honestly have to say that I am not really missing the sugary drinks and foods so that is a pleasant surprise :) I am feeling great and have started taking more steps to improve my health!

Weight today 303.5 new goal weight for next week is 302 (-1.5 pound)
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    I'm in!
    KISS Goal:
    How about simply get started! Today is the first day of my plan and my goal is to get to nothing but meat, eggs, veggies, and little fruit period

Implementation Plan:
    Meal plan as much as possible. I have been able to get breakfast and lunch sorted for this week, supper will be more difficult but I can always just have the meat and veggies my family has and leave the starches alone.

Expected results:
    Feel better about me for taking the steps to make a change and in turn gain the ability to continue.

Weight today: 309 going to set my goal weight to 304 since I have no idea how fast or slow it will come off yet

9/22 check-in!!
    Goal--gotten started, the weekend was pretty bad but with all of the family issues we were dealing with I am not going to stress over it! I have started increasing sodium intake by adding salt to everything I can without getting totally grossed out (not a big salt eater), supper has been easier than I thought, mainly because I'm not all that hungry so if they are having something too starchy I just have the meat and am satisfied, but I have tried some new things like mashed cauliflower (yum). Honestly have to say that I am not really missing the sugary drinks and foods so that is a pleasant surprise :) I am feeling great and have started taking more steps to improve my health!

Weight today 303.5 new goal weight for next week is 302 (-1.5 pound)

Down 5.5 lbs since last week! Wooohooo!!! That's awesome! And, honestly, kicking the cravings is my favorite part of this WOE.
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Still exercising daily. Added a short run late last week, and ended up going off the low sodium cliff temporarily, until I could reload. Otherwise, exercise it going great, and often the highlight of my day.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Was doing great on carnivore style, but then I got a head cold (which I will gladly take over the strep/sinus infection my husband had), and in eating to cure that (and in drinking vitamin waters because water is unpalatable while I'm sick) I have had such a carb invasion in my logs. Can't wait to fully recover and get back to my meat-only!

Still mostly drinking my coffee black, but I made my husband keto pumpkin spice ice cream for his sore throat, that he ended up not eating because of his upset stomach, so I have to resist that long enough to let him eat it all. XD
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Oh man... Where to start;

1) Weighing in. I wi every day & it depresses me no end so I need to put the scales away & just focus on a monthly weigh in.

2) Carbs. I obsess over how many carbs are in foods (not like, bread, but basically hidden carbs in veg & salads)
    I will no longer care & just focus on avoiding the obvious things like bread, potato, pasta & rice & not worry that the stew I made for my kid has veg in it with a higher carb level than I would like & just eat the bloody stew & enjoy it :)

3) Calories. Spend less time worrying about how many & more on the quality going in.

3) SUGAR. I am going to try to cut out the main bad guys, cakes (carbs) & sweets but will indulge in the odd bit of chocolate if I fee like it. I cannot live without it & as I don't have it in any kind of liquid form (hot drinks or cold) I think I can afford to indulge once in a while

4) And finally, moving more.

I like the gym, I like exercise but I have a mental block when it comes to actually motivating myself to get going. Once I am, I LOVE it but the getting there fills me with a kind of apathy that is hard to fight. I will try much harder to make the effort.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I abandoned the strength part of my KISS challenge when got injured with prolapse a couple of weeks ago. But I kept the promise of NOT weighing food. As soon as I allowed myself to write down what I ate, the nightmares of losing control vanished. In fact, I haven't felt like writing down after I made the compromise. Go figure, the stubborn inner child!

I eat whatever I want within lowcarb and IF framework...and I lost almost 1 kg from previous set point. Even gone down to a new lowest low, which could be even lower cause of PMS bloat. So maybe I shoulda stopped tracking months ago ? Maybe I was eating extra foods, just because the numbers showed I could ?

It's liberating to feel I can trust my body again. Hunger feelings have almost gone, only resurface when having too much carbs. But nothing too intense, that I can't brush off. Most days I have to remind myself to eat enough!

My physio said I should not lose anymore weight. I can see the blue veins on arms and thighs (not vascular). Even when I was skinny and young, I always had a rather moonface shape. Big cheeks. For the first time in my life the cheekbones look more defined. I'm happy these things happen as an indirect effect of trying to eat for health, not as a goal in itself. Edit: Oh, but I STILL have a lil bit of stubborn fat on the back and lower abs. I suspect this is a question of strength training.

My avg. step count for September so far is 11 738 steps. Not counting yoga and spinning.

I hope everyone are happy with their KISS whether they suceeded or not in their original goal. IMO, even babysteps in right direction are victories NOT failures to change habits :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    I abandoned the strength part of my KISS challenge when got injured with prolapse a couple of weeks ago. But I kept the promise of NOT weighing food. As soon as I allowed myself to write down what I ate, the nightmares of losing control vanished. In fact, I haven't felt like writing down after I made the compromise. Go figure, the stubborn inner child!

I eat whatever I want within lowcarb and IF framework...and I lost almost 1 kg from previous set point. Even gone down to a new lowest low, which could be even lower cause of PMS bloat. So maybe I shoulda stopped tracking months ago ? Maybe I was eating extra foods, just because the numbers showed I could ?

It's liberating to feel I can trust my body again. Hunger feelings have almost gone, only resurface when having too much carbs. But nothing too intense, that I can't brush off. Most days I have to remind myself to eat enough!

My physio said I should not lose anymore weight. I can see the blue veins on arms and thighs (not vascular). Even when I was skinny and young, I always had a rather moonface shape. Big cheeks. For the first time in my life the cheekbones look more defined. I'm happy these things happen as an indirect effect of trying to eat for health, not as a goal in itself. Edit: Oh, but I STILL have a lil bit of stubborn fat on the back and lower abs. I suspect this is a question of strength training.

My avg. step count for September so far is 11 738 steps. Not counting yoga and spinning.

I hope everyone are happy with their KISS whether they suceeded or not in their original goal. IMO, even babysteps in right direction are victories NOT failures to change habits :)

Excellent! :+1:
    KISS Goal:
    • Stop driving myself bats weighing every day. It does nothing but get me wound up when the scale is being an idiot. And then I act like an idiot. Stop it!
    • Cut the alcohol. All my husband buys is rotgut bottom-shelf vodka. Sure it feels nice being all relaxed for a short period, but I sleep terribly and am a grouchy, hung-over jerk the next day. What is this benefiting me? It blows out my calories. I feel awful. I don't need booze to have a good evening. Stop it!

Sept 8th update:
    So far so good. Not a drop of booze. I weighed-in last week at 159. Didn't weigh until this morning. And I'm up 2lb to 161. Which isn't surprising in the least since I made a bit too liberal with carbs the past 2 days and I believe TOM is lurking ready to pounce. I really got kindof depressed yesterday since the "holiday" is over. Homeschooling burns me out pretty regularly. (Wait until winter... when I'm stuck in the house for days due to snow...hooboy.) I spent most of the evenings of our camping trip running the 4 kids back to town for soccer practices (45min drive one way) and to the house after to feed the kitties, and the rest of the time roasting to death and getting pissed off by the in-laws. I really wanted a drink...so I ate a half-bag of semi-sweet choc chips instead. Not the best decision ever, I must admit.

I also need to add cutting down on the artificial sweetener to my monthly goal. I've been suspicious for awhile about this. It turns out if I have too much aspartame, and/or ace K, in a day, TMI alert, it causes me kidney and bladder pain. Feels like I have a UTI, and I'm running to the bathroom feeling like I need to pee constantly (when my bladder isn't even close to full.) So it may not cause me cancer or poison me, but it is the devil in another way. So I need to make sure to keep the diet sodas to 1 or less per day.

So...weekly take-away: I need to not be a dumbarse and make sure I have the Tension Tamer tea and light a lavender candle in the evenings or something so I can zen out enough to stay out of the choc chips.

Sept 15th update:

So. On Friday I experienced some well-intentioned-spousal-sabotage. Hubby mixed me a strong drink. Even though he knew that I was trying to stay away from the stuff. He'd already mixed his own, so he wouldn't be drinking it. So to not waste the expensive drink, I went ahead. But I paid him back though by waking up at 4am with hot flashes and not able to go back to sleep, which woke him up and my tossing-and-turning kept him awake. Served him right. I think he finally gets it.

I kept my diet soda/(ace K & aspartame) down and am not having as much of an issue. Thankfully, but I still have to get up 3 times a night (with legitimate reason-as in very full bladder), which I get tired of. If I'm going to dump water, I'd rather it be in the daylight hours, TYVM! I don't drink a lot of fluids before bed. This is getting dumb.

Anyway...
    I stayed away from those damn choc chips thanks to tea and gum. So I'm back down to my August weight. It's not my low, though. I've been working hard to keep the cals to 1550 during the week, and allowing myself to eat a few hundred cals more on the weekend. Which I probably should stop. But it's really hard when restaurants are ridiculous calorie-wise. And I end up being places I can't track. Eating to satiety for me means eating maintenance. So if I don't track, I don't lose. Gripe, whine, grouse.

Must remind the DH to not share with me this weekend. I think I'll budget in a LC choc cheesecake (single serving) for Saturday night to make it special without me having to hit the booze. The kids will be gone for the night to the grandparents. I think part of the problem is that I feel like celebrating/having a good time. Which used to mean either getting drunk or eating a bunch of junk. Now that I don't do that any more, I don't know what to do with myself. It's going to be a process...I think.

Sept 22 update:

Happy Anniversary to me. 15 years. It's been a sometimes bumpy ride, but everything is coming up roses for the past year since I've lost the weight and since the diet has regulated my mood, and consequently DH's mood since he has such a healthy and sexy wife. :wink:

Down to 158 this morning at my weekly weigh in. I HAVE been staying away from the scale. It's the first time I've stepped on it since last week. I absolutely am irritated that it wasn't lower, as I have been so much better at keeping under 1550 cals and stepped up the calorie burn in my exercise. Oh well. This is the crap that had derailed me and drove me nuts the past couple months. I may have hit my set point. I may have dipped to 156.2 for a day, but it doesn't seem to want to go, or stay, below 158. Bah....still trying.

I did drink on Sat night. DH pestered me about wanting a drink (the kids were gone to the ILs for the night) over and over. So I had one, but I cut the amount by about 2oz and I felt loads better the next day than I would have otherwise. This may be a good compromise. One weekend night only and only 4oz of vodka. Period. That may sound like a lot of alcohol to most, but I never got the keto-induced-lightweight-syndrome. It takes as much as it ever has to get me there. So 4oz is enough to get me nice and buzzed but not enough to make me feel like roadkill. :+1:

So...onward and forward through this next week. I shall continue to ignore the scale, and I shall continue to log and stay under my cal goal. And will only imbibe a little on one evening. Maybe I'll see some progress next week. Regardless, I'll know that I'm doing all the right things like I should be.

Sept 29th Update:
    Week 4 (final): 155.8 (new low)

My low before was 156.4 and that was July 12. FINALLY, I've dipped below that. It may bounce back up tomorrow, but I won't know it b/c I won't be weighing. :wink: I like not weighing daily, because I allowed lack of scale progress to derail me before, using the lack of change to justify giving up and going over cals because I felt nothing was working anyway. Well, if you are consistent over time and doing all the right things....guess what? Derp, Jess.

I'm still imbibing Saturday nights, but at my new limited volume. Only Saturday. Which is also the only day I allow myself to go over a little on calories. No excuses other days. And look what the scale finally gave me. Huzzah....or something like that. :tongue:
  • clayswife13
    clayswife13 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Update: I have been doing very well during the week with staying committed to the new WOE. I have learned that weekends are a bit harder but mainly because I have not prepared my house properly. I need to find some things to have at the house that will be easy to make while caring for a 2 month old. I had gotten down to 301 last Friday but after having a bad weekend I was back up to 304 yesterday, I refused to weigh this morning because I do not want to become obsessed and weigh everyday like I have in the past so I will just see what Friday holds (praying for at least 301 again. I have to say I have been very happy with trying new foods that I have never tried before or cooking same old foods a different way. My husband has been super supportive and we are hoping to start exercising soon. Not giving up that is for sure. Have a new goal/motivator--we will be going to either Disney for the first time or on a Disney cruise in 3 years (once our youngest is old enough to enjoy it and before our oldest is too old to want to go--youngest will be 3 and oldest will be 19). I want so badly to be able to take pictures with our family and feel good about them when I show them off and I want to be able to play with my kids and not feel like people are staring at me because of my weight.