Workout Check-in September

Options

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Morning cardio was 2 mile jog. Didn't go until about 10 am, which is far later than usual but it wasn't too bad heat wise. Then it was a day of errands and such before going to the gym.

day 8 - lower hyper

front squat 4x10 @ 70 - managed okay, slight ache in wrists
    bar lunges 3x8 @ 55 - tried in squat rack since not busy and wasn't too bad there
    leg extension 3x10 @ 65 - okay, nothing special
    leg curl 4x10 @ 40 - not special here either
    seated (rotary) calf 3x10 @ 70 plus one of the little extra weights - eh
    standing calf 2x8 @ 45 - tried this just for fun, might do the standing on power days as it's not that bad and i foresee getting bored of the seated calf if I have to do it every lower day

Tried to take picture at gym hoping my tiny definition would be visible in legs but I'm terrible at this picture thing. Oh well. Tomorrow is rest day from work and exercise, but that means I'll be on the computer all day. Goal is to do a big push on novel edit and query letters. I want to submit to a few agents before the month is over.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm back to normal after 3 days of being way too busy to get my normal exercise done. It feels so good!

11203 steps 9/23
    5.11 miles
    120.33 miles total

Squats 5x70, 5x75, 5x80 5x5x85
    Sumo squats 5x5x75
    BP 5x65, 5x70, 5x75, 5x5x80
    BR 5x5x85
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an accidental rest day. Was procrastinating my run, and sat down on the bed for a minute... Bf woke me up when he got home 3 hrs later ....

Today was w3d1 c25k @ 5.5 mph ... Amazing how much harder a 3 minute run is than a 2 minute run... And then SL
    squat - 5x5 @ 55. ... These started out kinda ugly... Despite the run and the body weight warm ups, it was like I didn't really get into it until set 3 or 4
    OHP 5x5@ 50 May stay here for another time or 2... Last sets were ugly
    Dl 1x5 @ 65
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    lifted after work and before going to session 1 of a yoga class i just bought into. did the lifting, read the local free arts-and-entertainment paper, went upstairs and did the yoga. didn't get home until ten.

squats 75, bench 65 but wasn't really happening.

did some rows afterwards at 50 and then 60 but with fixed barbells and not enough bar height they weren't really happening too well either.

ah well, it all counts. first yoga class at 8pm, until 9:30 or so, same building. i absolutely hated it. ima keep looking though.
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I put in about 7 miles of walking already this morning. Kind of a rainy day but that's OK. This is my rest day.tedc0f4rwctp.jpeg
    frbsonrl4ff4.jpeg
    3imoqwjztjmc.jpeg
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Nice pictures.

Today was upper power and before work gym time. I still have freight to do at work. Did okay and saw a couple things I need to post in another thread. For now, the work out:

9 - Upper Power

bench press 3x4 @ 95 - challenging but okay
    db incline bench 3x9 @ 30 - felt heavy but managed
    bent row 4x4 @ 95 - still heavy and couldn't get the fifth reps to be decent
    lat pull 3x8 @ 70 - not bad
    OHP 3x5 @ 70 - tad better than last time
    bar curl 4x10 @ 30 - meh, probably can try 40 next time or maybe the ez curl bar
    skullcrusher 3x10 @ ez curl bar - tad better, maybe will add the 2.5 plates next time

Now to figure out lunch and food for work.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Today:
    Squats 5x5x 80 lbs
    Bench 5x5x57.5 lbs
    Row 5x5x65 lbs
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    1x5x45 front squat
    1x5x95 front squat
    1x3x140 front squat
    1x2x140 back squat
    4x5x140 back squat

5x5x95 bench
    5x5x95 row
    1x5x190 deads

18x5xBW burpees, all spread out in between sets of 5x5.
    To simplify things, I did 90 or 91 total burpees. I am a part of an OCR page that started up a 100-Day Burpee challenge on the 11th. I have been slacking on starting it, so I did all of my required burpees to catch up. Surprisingly, I have basically no DOMS. I didn't really stretch much after my workout.

I did have a ridiculously huge plate of spaghetti a few hours before hand. Also, I got interrupted an hour into my lifts cuz I had to run to the store, so I had to take a 20 minute pause (to all boyfriends and girlfriends out there: don't interrupt your SO in the middle of heavy sets!!! You will unlease an inner Hulk!)

And I did soak in Epsom salts after my lifts. I've been at work from 8 am to 6 PM, and the only pain I have is in my feet from wearing heels, haha.
  • hanlonsk
    Options
    Today was just a run day. 3min run 2 min walk x 4. Not as ambitious as i was originally hoping for, but is technically more total running time than I have done at that speed yet. And me and the treadmill are currently having a hate-hate relationship ... no Love involved.

Anyone good at running and have pointers? Dad got me signed up for an 8 mile trail run in April, and currently my best ever run was last week at 2.75 miles without a break last week, on easy flat ground.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Nice pictures, @fanncy0626 !

Tuesday evening I did
    Bench w/u; 3x85; 3x85; 3x90
    Row 10x70; 10x70; 8x75 (apparently I was supposed to do a set of 6 but I totally missed it)
    Ohp 12x45; 12x45; 9x50 (was supposed to be 10 reps grumble grumble); 8x50
    Lat pulldown 12, 12, 10, 8

Tonight I did
    Squat w/u; 3x115; 2x115 My hips came up a bit fast on the first set but looked much better on the second.
    Sumo deadlift w/u; 3x160; 2x160 I love sumo deadlifts! They just work so much better for me compared to conventional.
    Hip thrust 3x10x125
    Ab wheel 3x10

I have actually been sticking to my deficit this week. Hopefully I can keep the streak going.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Squat 3x5 at 105
    Bench 3x5 at 80
    Dead 3x5 at 145
    Hip thrust 3x10 at 145
    Pull ups 3x4 at BW
    Glute burn out stuff and abs
    Stretching!
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The suck of lifting in your garage - the weather. It's still 100F where I am, omg cool off already!

Front Squats 5x5 80lbs (warm up 45/45/65).

OHP 5x5 65lbs (no warm up I was lazy)

Romanian Deadlift 3x5 115lbs

Conventional Deadlift 1x5 140lbs.

Been feeling lots of blahs lately. The weather is too hot, I have to go out of town soon yet again so my eating will be bad again and no lifting because the gym there is just cardio machines.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Now that Fall is officially, I'm in hibernation mode. Ugh. I forced myself to go to the gym and barely did the following:

Ran for 15 minutes because I couldn't get access to the bars. Call it a warm up. Then finally I managed the following SL workouts:

Squats: 6 X 10 @45 lbs - decided to do just the bar since my left knee has been acting up, plus I wanted to check on my form. I think my hips are slowly opening up.

Overhead press: 5 X 5 @ 50 lbs. - I didn't go up like my gym instructor told me to. He wasn't there anyway plus I had skipped Wednesday's workout so need to go up. hah!

DeadLift: 1 X 5 @ 155 lbs. - I did this fine but my calluses are getting larger and my hands are not looking pretty these days. Time to get some gloves.

Regular pushups: 3 x 12 reps
  • DawnEmbers
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Cardio = 5.5 mile jog in the rain. I was soaked by the half way point but it still went pretty well. One month until my 10k.
  • fanncy0626
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Beautiful day for a walk. Here is a little fall color!

pslfnwu0dqwz.jpeg

14138 steps 9/25
    6.09 miles
    133.52 miles total

Squats 5x75, 5x80 5x85, 5x5x90
    Sumo squats 5x5x75
    OHP 5x45, 5x50, 5x55, 5x5x60
    DL 5x5x135
  • hanlonsk
    Options
    Roommate beat me to the treadmill... So I ran outside... Which ment I ran 3 miles, in 34 minutes (a record) with no breaks... Instead of some messily interval work... Then I had to muster the muscles to lift, and some how did it...

Squat 5x5@55
    Bench 5x5@55
    Rows 5x5@55
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    um, those pics are really pretty but they're also kind of a scroll-forever assignment for me when i just want to read/log workouts. could you maybe post them in the chat thread or somewhere more social?

trainer day. must be on a bleh/rest week or something, or disrupted by the trying-to-quit roadshow. ohp was 52.5 for 3x5+1 extra on the last set, which i actually didn't expect that i'd get. so that was nice then. squats sucked. i hate it when my squat form only really starts to make nervous-system sense AFTER the workout is done.

also, did a different kind of yoga class this morning and it's more right for me than the kundalini sessions i dropped, but my current feels are still a bit #meh about it. will persist.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    um, those pics are really pretty but they're also kind of a scroll-forever assignment for me when i just want to read/log workouts. could you maybe post them in the chat thread or somewhere more social? .

If you look back at all of your posts there is a lot of socialization within them. Many of your posts are extremely long and not just about work outs. Maybe you are cranky and had a bad day?
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did

Bench w/u; 3x90; 4x90; 2x95
    Row 10x70; 10x70; 8x75; 6x75
    Ohp 12x45; 12x45; 10x50; 8x50
    Lat pull down 12,12,10,8

Next week is kind of a testing week for me where I try to get anywhere from 1-4 reps on my top sets of squat, bench, and deadlift. I am aiming for 4 reps on all 3 but will be happy if I can get 3 reps at 100 on bench as that will be a pr for me. Fingers crossed!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    If you look back at all of your posts there is a lot of socialization within them. Many of your posts are extremely long and not just about work outs. Maybe you are cranky and had a bad day?

um. tbh, i'm blinking a bit. i didn't intend it to be a combative suggestion, and i didn't expect such a combative reply. go ahead and do whatever seems most appropriate to you, of course. but please understand i made the suggestion in good faith and with friendly intentions. i don't much appreciate being belittled as 'cranky' for having said something that seems to have hurt your feelings.