Leslie Sansone October 2015 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    12/20

Coopscoopc - I know you are sore but you should be proud of your work. The faster the DOMS appears, the better shape you are in. Good work. And Ben Gay might not smell good but it does the job! :smile:

PinkPan - I bet bringing your Grandson made the walk even more enjoyable. :smile:

zicahb - Hitting your daily goal! :)

DonnaSmith - Nice walking! :smiley:

I got my miles in moving stuff from one room to the other today. This is day three of this. Can't take much more... So glad I'm just about done. I'm looking forward to side steps, kicks and knee lifts cause I'm really tired of walking and carrying stuff. If I had to be a mover for a living, I know I would starve to death.

Leslie would be proud of y'all!!!! :wink:
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Got my Walk on! Did Walk it Off in 30! Toot! Toot! ( this is me blowing my own horn. ) B)

Ann - I can't imagine being a mover either! But hey! You got your steps in and you got some strength training going on! Did you do arm curls as you were moving stuff? ;)

Well I'm off to plant the rest of my bulbs before getting some dinner in. I think I am hunkering for some crab cakes with remoulade sauce and of course a nice glass of wine. I think I should throw some strawberries on the plate for good measure! They will look pretty and taste good! I love food. *sigh* :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    41/100 I walked 6 miles at the park this morning. Walk strong!
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @zichab thank you for taking the time to explain so thouroughly! I will check it out! Sounds very good :-)

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Goal-4 miles/day! I am determined!

10/1 Vivofit Tracked-4.0 miles=total miles 4.0
    10/2 Just Walk-Tone every Zone Walk-Upper & Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles (my pace)=5.5 total miles
    10/2 Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles :-1: I cannot seem to get my the work done for my online classes and get past 3 miles! =7.0 total miles
    10/3 Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles-too much work to do :cry: =8.7 total miles
    10/4 WAH Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles! Insurance today! =12.7 total miles
    10/4 Vivofit tracked .5 miles=13.2 total miles
    10/5 Just Walk-Tone Ever Zone Walk-2.7 miles=15.9 total miles
    10/5 Vivofit tracked-1.8 miles =17.7 total miles
    10/6 Vivofit tracked 4.1 miles=21.8 total miles
    10/7 Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles =24.1 total miles (all day meetings should not be allowed!!!!!) :grumble:
    10/8 Vivofit tracked 3.0 miles =27.1 total miles
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    I love food. *sigh* :)
    LOL this is why all of us are here! :laugh: I have a friend who hates food and thinks eating is a "waste of time" in her words! I sure wish I could cultivate that attitude!
    Neonbeige wrote: »
    @zichab thank you for taking the time to explain so thouroughly! I will check it out! Sounds very good :-)

You are very welcome! I am glad I could help!

Another day of meetings and probably very little walking. :grumble: I am going to have to marathon walk this weekend! :unamused:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    45/100 I completed the 2 Mile Walk This Way and the 2 Mile Silver Walk this morning.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....

Oct 1 - 7th - 27 miles - 2 over 10,000 steps.

Off work for 10 days so hope to get some miles in. the weather is going to be nice and the fall colors are beautiful...

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • AnnofB
    edited October 2015
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    Got my Walk on! Did Walk it Off in 30! Toot! Toot! ( this is me blowing my own horn. ) B)

Ann - I can't imagine being a mover either! But hey! You got your steps in and you got some strength training going on! Did you do arm curls as you were moving stuff? ;)

Well I'm off to plant the rest of my bulbs before getting some dinner in. I think I am hunkering for some crab cakes with remoulade sauce and of course a nice glass of wine. I think I should throw some strawberries on the plate for good measure! They will look pretty and taste good! I love food. *sigh* :)

Good on you! Go ahead and blow that horn! And wow what a lovely sounding dinner. Had to laugh at "I love food" and what zichab said about that too. Ain't it the truth? LOL.

No, didn't get in any arm curls but plan on doing that today. Going to do a whole body workout today.

Keep walking!!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    ** "LOL this is why all of us are here! I have a friend who hates food and thinks eating is a "waste of time" in her words! I sure wish I could cultivate that attitude! "

zichab, I loved this! This reminds me of a co-workers sister. They were eating dinner one night and the sister (in her teens btw) asked to be excused. She said, "Can I go Mom, I'm tired of chewing." LOL!!!

I got in the wrong line when they passed out the "food is a waste of time" attitude.

• AnnofB
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    45/100 I completed the 2 Mile Walk This Way and the 2 Mile Silver Walk this morning.

Amazing PinkyPan, just amazing!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    Hi everyone....

Oct 1 - 7th - 27 miles - 2 over 10,000 steps.

Off work for 10 days so hope to get some miles in. the weather is going to be nice and the fall colors are beautiful...

Have a good weekend everyone.

Well done Lilymay2! Hope you enjoy your time off. :smile:
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hey and Happy Friday to all! Soooo glad it's the weekend. Man o Man have I had a week. But I made time to get some work outs in. And this is huge for me. I am always happy to blow it off! No peer pressure needed. *face palm* I did strength on Tuesday.. it's part of the Walk it Off in 30 routine.... I seriously could not move Thursday. It was kind of funny Wednesday, but not so much Thursday. I thought I was going to cry every time I had to go up and down the stairs. I also slowed down my water intake because I did not want to walk to the bathroom. No can do! It was horrid. Jeez! So, I took Thursday off. I am going to get back to it! Today I walk, and Saturday I (gulp) do strength again. Eeek! :o

Monday 10-5-2015 – Walk it off in 30
    Tuesday 10-6-2015 – Strength – 30 minutes
    Wednesday 10-7-15 - Walk it off in 30
    Thursday – took day because I could no longer walk from Tuesday
  • AnnofB
    edited October 2015
    Options
    16/20

Did the 4 Mile Super Challenge. Still my all time favorite.

Coopscoopc, sounds like you are just about through the worst part. I forget which work out it is but Leslie mentions something about it being ok to take a day or two off after strength but not too long..." Been there and done that-you get to suffer the soreness again. Don't be like me, ha-ha. Keep going.
  • zichab
    Options

10/2 Just Walk-Tone every Zone Walk-Upper & Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles (my pace)=5.5 total miles
    10/2 Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles :-1: I cannot seem to get my the work done for my online classes and get past 3 miles! =7.0 total miles
    10/5 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=15.9 total miles
    10/7 Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles =24.1 total miles (all day meetings should not be allowed!!!!!)
    10/9 Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=29.1 total miles
    10/10 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=31.8 total miles Oh no, I am 8 miles behind! :grumble:
    AnnofB wrote: »
    * zichab, I loved this! This reminds me of a co-workers sister. They were eating dinner one night and the sister (in her teens btw) asked to be excused. She said, "Can I go Mom, I'm tired of chewing." LOL!!!

Oh my gosh, I WISH I could get tired of chewing! When I do, I wash it down with wine! :drinker:

coopscoopc I have taken 2 days and sometimes 3 between weight work outs with no ill effects so do not worry if your DOMS take a while to ease. I usually just walk, albeit slower when DOMS is really bad. It seems to lessen the discomfort if I do a slow walk around the neighborhood. What is wonderful however, is how strong you are going to feel the next time you do the 30 minute weight segment! When those microscopic tears heal, they are strong little suckers! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone-even if I'm not! :bigsmile:

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    57/100 I golfed 36 holes today and walked 12 miles. My legs hurt. Rest and do it again.
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted recently, I have only done a couple of mild walks this past week hopefully will get out there today. We have some nice fall colors going on .
    2 miles have been sick for the past week.

5 miles total.

• christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Taking it easy for now...just getting back to it after a long layoff...

10-6:1 mile
    10-7: 2 miles
    10-9: 2 miles

Not setting a goal for this month...just trying to get the steps back into muscle memory, and trying to commit
    to regular walking again. It's GREAT to be back in the group again!!!! :)
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    63/100 Another 18 holes this morning and 6 miles walked.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    GREAT PinkyPan!!!!
  • zichab
    edited October 2015
    Options

10/5 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=15.9 total miles
    10/7 Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles =24.1 total miles (all day meetings should not be allowed!!!!!)
    10/9 Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=29.1 total miles
    10/10 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=31.8 total miles Oh no, I am 8 miles behind!
    10/10 Vivofit tracked 1.3=33.1 total miles
    10/11 WAH 5 mile Fat Burning Walk=38.1 total miles

Hey bgoddess Glad you are feeling better! :+1:

christchick Welcome back Sue! We missed you and are glad you are getting back into regular walking again.

Walk Strong Everyone :bigsmile: