Replies

• christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Way to GO, Ann!!!
  • christchick7
    Options
    Neonbeige, very sorry you are hurting. Hope you feel better soon!!!
  • christchick7
    Options
    PinkyPan, congratulations on your 7 miles...WONDERFUL workout!!!!
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I seriously did not work out again until yesterday after my first strength session. And today is another round of strength… I am only doing half squats all the way through to see where I am at with the pain. That was such a miserable feeling! I am going into this with a positive mind set! I am going to get stronger. Lol

@PinkyPan1 maybe I should take up golf! The only problem is I’m not a good golfer and my favorite part of the whole game is the Beer Cart.

10/5 30 min walk
    10/6 30 min strength
    10/7 30 min walk

10/12 30 min walk

gotta keep on steppin!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    I seriously did not work out again until yesterday after my first strength session. And today is another round of strength… I am only doing half squats all the way through to see where I am at with the pain. That was such a miserable feeling! I am going into this with a positive mind set! I am going to get stronger. Lol

@PinkyPan1 maybe I should take up golf! The only problem is I’m not a good golfer and my favorite part of the whole game is the Beer Cart.

10/5 30 min walk
    10/6 30 min strength
    10/7 30 min walk

10/12 30 min walk

gotta keep on steppin!

LOL....Stay strong. Strength training is hard work and the soreness can be a set back.

As far as golfing goes I was terrible learning this sport in the Spring. I am now getting pretty good at it. I hate that we have to take the winter off and start over next Spring. We tee'd off in 43 degree weather last weekend. It was COLD. I am addicted to it and I will layer up. Power walking the course helps me stay warm.
  • christchick7
    Options
    Coopscoopc...GREAT job on that 30 min walk!!! Strength work is HARD; good on you for taking it on...respect.
  • christchick7
    Options
    Leslie just about KILLED me tonight...working out at WAH website and was bored, needing a break from Silver Walk
    and Women's Walk. Decided on 3 Fast Miles. I haven't done this in forever and it was WARP SPEED from the get go.
    I barely managed to follow at half Leslie's pace, but did do some modified mambos and modified kickbacks. Had to
    go back to walking more often than not, but did 2 out of the 3 miles. I'm gonna sleep tonight and hurt tomorrow,
    but it was SO WORTH IT!!!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    75/100 I stayed in and completed the 2 Mile Walk This Way, 2 Mile Silver Walk and the 1 Mile In Home Walk.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You are all doing great! Very cool :-)

I feel better today, my back only hurts a tiny bit, but I am still pretty sore. This morning I went grocery shopping by bike - it was not even 4km both ways - and I was huffing and puffing, because my legs/quads were killing me :-) The way also was a bit up and down and I had to go to second gear uphill, lol.

But tomorrow I will start walking again, maybe a smaller walk and then I see how I feel.

I have to check out the site more, I signed in already, but didn´t really look at everything properly.

Have a great day!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Goal-4 miles/day! I am determined!

10/1 Vivofit Tracked-4.0 miles=total miles 4.0
    10/2 Just Walk-Tone every Zone Walk-Upper & Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles (my pace)=5.5 total miles
    10/2 Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles :-1: I cannot seem to get my the work done for my online classes and get past 3 miles! =7.0 total miles
    10/3 Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles-too much work to do :cry: =8.7 total miles
    10/4 WAH Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles! Insurance today! =12.7 total miles
    10/4 Vivofit tracked .5 miles=13.2 total miles
    10/5 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=15.9 total miles
    10/5 Vivofit tracked-1.8 miles =17.7 total miles
    10/6 Vivofit tracked 4.1 miles=21.8 total miles
    10/7 Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles =24.1 total miles (all day meetings should not be allowed!!!!!)
    10/8 Vivofit tracked 3.0 miles =27.1 total miles
    10/9 Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=29.1 total miles
    10/10 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=31.8 total miles Oh no, I am 8 miles behind!
    10/10 Vivofit tracked 1.3=33.1 total miles
    10/11 WAH 5 mile Fat Burning Walk=38.1 total miles
    10/11 Vivofit tracked .7 miles=38.8 total miles
    10/12 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=41.5 total miles
    10/13 Vivofit Tracked 4.3 miles =45.8 total miles

neonbeige I so envy you being able to bike to the grocery store. It is one of the joys of visiting my son in Netherlands. I can walk to the store (3km roughly both ways) and do almost every day. Here, the stores are so far away that I have to use a car and even a bike would be a challenge, assuming I could get to the store without some idiot hitting me with a car! Meh, I know, first world problems!!! :laugh: Walk carefully today and warm up well so your muscles do not revolt!
    Way to GO, Ann!!!
    Actually Sue, it is nice having both of you back with us! :smile: Now, we just need to help texasgardnr to pop in from time to time. She is being such a good sister for her brother. All of us will simply have to keep walking and encouraging each other for her so when she comes back, she'll be super proud of us! :+1:

Walk Strong Everyone :bigsmile:
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    October goal - 120 miles - 15 over 10,000 steps.
    Week 1 - 27 miles (2 over 10,000)

Oct 8 - 2.3 miles
    Oct 9 - 3.8 miles
    Oct 10 - 3.1 miles
    Oct 11 - 3 miles
    Oct 12 - 4.5 miles - 10094 steps (3/15)
    Oct 13 - 3.8 miles ... not the 10,000 steps I wanted.... but finished painting the downstairs bathroom.

Today -heading outside to clean up the yard for fall....

have a great day everyone
  • Neonbeige
    Options
    Zichab, meh, that really sucks, especially when there's a problem with the car! Oh my.

I am lucky, I have lots of stores within a 1,5km radius and we move next year, there it will even be better, store across the street! Your son is close to me, haha. I live in germany :-)
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

10/1 Vivofit Tracked-4.0 miles=total miles 4.0
    10/2 Just Walk-Tone every Zone Walk-Upper & Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles (my pace)=5.5 total miles
    10/2 Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles :-1: I cannot seem to get my the work done for my online classes and get past 3 miles! =7.0 total miles
    10/3 Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles-too much work to do :cry: =8.7 total miles
    10/4 WAH Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles! Insurance today! =12.7 total miles
    10/4 Vivofit tracked .5 miles=13.2 total miles
    10/5 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=15.9 total miles
    10/5 Vivofit tracked-1.8 miles =17.7 total miles
    10/6 Vivofit tracked 4.1 miles=21.8 total miles
    10/7 Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles =24.1 total miles (all day meetings should not be allowed!!!!!)
    10/8 Vivofit tracked 3.0 miles =27.1 total miles
    10/9 Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=29.1 total miles
    10/10 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=31.8 total miles Oh no, I am 8 miles behind!
    10/10 Vivofit tracked 1.3=33.1 total miles
    10/11 WAH 5 mile Fat Burning Walk=38.1 total miles
    10/11 Vivofit tracked .7 miles=38.8 total miles
    10/12 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk-2.7 miles=41.5 total miles
    10/13 Vivofit Tracked 4.3 miles =45.8 total miles
    10/14 Just Walk-Belly Blasting Walk + Firm 30=2 miles=47.8 miles

neonbeige LOL we are Americans so we have to have spare cars. If one has a problem, we have another one. Sadly, we can't get anywhere without a car. And it totally sucks!!! My son lives in Ypenburg and works for Leiden University in The Hague. His in-laws live in Czech Republic so we drove through Germany 2 years ago at Christmas time. I love Germany! It is so clean and orderly. Even the bales of hay in the fields were all lined up neatly and I have never seen such clean restaurants. It's a beautiful country. I wish I lived there so I could see my granddaughter a lot more often ... oh and I suppose my son too! :laugh:

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »

gotta keep on steppin!

You ARE strong! You've got a wonderful attitude and that's so key to getting where you want to be. Good on you!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Leslie just about KILLED me tonight...working out at WAH website and was bored, needing a break from Silver Walk
    and Women's Walk. Decided on 3 Fast Miles. I haven't done this in forever and it was WARP SPEED from the get go.
    I barely managed to follow at half Leslie's pace, but did do some modified mambos and modified kickbacks. Had to
    go back to walking more often than not, but did 2 out of the 3 miles. I'm gonna sleep tonight and hurt tomorrow,
    but it was SO WORTH IT!!!!!

WTG SUE! Changing it up will hit some parts that haven't been doing the warp speed thing. (That term made me smile.) Hope you aren't sore tomorrow.
  • AnnofB
    edited October 2015
    Options
    26/50
    zichab wrote: »
    Way to GO, Ann!!!
    Actually Sue, it is nice having both of you back with us! :smile: Now, we just need to help texasgardnr to pop in from time to time. She is being such a good sister for her brother. All of us will simply have to keep walking and encouraging each other for her so when she comes back, she'll be super proud of us! :+1:

zichab - it's good to be back! I too would like to see Texasgardner posting again. Hope she backs soon.

Have a great evening everyone!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    so my dad had a stroke sunday. been spending a lot of time between work and the hospital, haven't had a lot of time to get my workouts in. I am trying! hoping I can still make my goal. Hoping dad will be home from rehab by the end of the week. exhausted!

10/6- 10/14

24 miles with Leslie today
    47 miles total with Leslie

25 miles outside
    45 miles total outside

92 miles total / goal 150 miles
  • christchick7
    Options
    Hey Bandit...sending up prayers for your dad's recovery. Have you ever been to Leslie's website? Her(free) Walk Social club has 10 videos ready to go. One is the 1 mile in home walk...if you did that getting up in the AM you'd still be able to get in a mile or two a day. :)
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    bandit5125 wrote: »
    so my dad had a stroke sunday. been spending a lot of time between work and the hospital, haven't had a lot of time to get my workouts in. I am trying! hoping I can still make my goal. Hoping dad will be home from rehab by the end of the week. exhausted!

10/6- 10/14

24 miles with Leslie today
    47 miles total with Leslie

25 miles outside
    45 miles total outside

92 miles total / goal 150 miles

Oh my goodness......Hugs and prayers for you and your father.
  • Neonbeige
    Options
    Zichab wow, that´s kinda decadent :-D On the other hand also needed I guess. It´s not super clean everywhere, but it is nice. Maybe I am also just used to it :-) I live in Hamburg, which is a beautiful city. You should check it out, when you go to the netherlands the next time to visit your granddaughter, errrrrr and son *hahaha* , it´s not that far. It´s a bit of a shame when your familiy lives so far away...

Bandid Oh, no. I am sorry and hope, you dad gets better!

I did the belly blast today and was surprised, when it ended, I had in my mind, it was a mile more, haha