Which salad dressings do you use??

Options
brannewmee
brannewmee Posts: 30 Member
I buy my salad dressings from the produce departments. They have the bolthouse dressings, the lighthouse dressings, and the panera dressings.They are the best tasting and very low calorie, usually about 60 calories per two tbls.

Replies

• kevingacke
    kevingacke Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OPA - It is a greek yogurt based dressing. The Kalamata Feta is really good. Also 60 calories/2Tbls.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    OPA is really good, second that. I use cottage cheese, too, not a dressing but it mixes nicely and low cal
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I third the Opa dressings. The ranch is my favourite.
  • brannewmee
    Options
    kevingacke wrote: »
    OPA - It is a greek yogurt based dressing. The Kalamata Feta is really good. Also 60 calories/2Tbls.

Omg that's my favorite also but was discontinued from safeway.
  • brannewmee
    Options
    OPA is really good, second that. I use cottage cheese, too, not a dressing but it mixes nicely and low cal

Omg it's my favorite also but it was discontinued from safeway
  • brannewmee
    Options
    I third the Opa dressings. The ranch is my favourite.

Omg it's my favorite also but it was discontinued from safeway
  • lanie89052
    lanie89052 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make a very easy one. Don't even measure, just add to greens.
    White Balsamic from Trader Joe's, Dijon mustard & EVOO, pinch of salt & pepper. Just test amounts you like. I use a lot more balsamic then oil. Hope you enjoy
  • ybmagpye
    ybmagpye Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My favorite dressings are Marie's sesame ginger dressing, and Marie's cole slaw yogurt dressing. Not that they are super low calorie at all, but they have high flavor concentrated enough to compensate for using lesser quantity on my salads. That is the opposite for many 'low fat' dressings that for my tastes are gawdawful and cause me to skip salads all together rather than bother with non-tasty veggies. I'd always rather have a moderate amount real food with real flavor over non-fat, no-sugar stuffs with Frankenstein flavors & ingredients.
  • CherryBerry0611
    CherryBerry0611 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My favorite is trader joes low fat Parmesan ranch dressing. Per 2 Tbsp. ,it has 30 cal and 1.5g of fat.
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Salsa! Makes a great flavorful low calorie no fat dressing. Especially with black beans, feta cheese, tomatoes, banana peppers, chick peas and bell peppers on the salad:)
  • KPMFP
    KPMFP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I make my own! Sometimes i bottle a lot at once but usually i just make enough for what i am eating. Vinegar (apple cider or red) and lemon juice and cracked black pepper are the basics. I add crushed garlic and cayenne pepper or tabasco if i have them. I love it and its much healthier!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I like very simple dressing on my salad ... olive oil and cider vinegar ... I just dribble 1 T of oil over the top of the salad, then dribble on 1-1/2 T of vinegar over the oil. A sprinkle of sea salt and a couple of grinds of black pepper. .... I toss it about a bit with the fork as I'm eating it, and always have some left in the bottom of the bowl ... and I make a big salad.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like the Walden Farms sugar-free dressings, only 5 calories per tbsp. So far I like the Italian, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Red Raspberry Vinaigrette, and just bought the 1000 Island (haven't tried it yet). They are really quite good.
  • KatyG1777
    KatyG1777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms also has calorie free dressings. I tried the bacon ranch, it is so-so, I will have to try the ^^^
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Opa Blue Cheese...that stuff is delicious.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    seasoned white vinegar is wonderful on salads..i just add a bit of olive oil with it and add a squeeze of fresh lemon..and put some feta in my salad. The combination is great.
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    farmhouse pomegranate vinaigrette 2tbs 60cal 6g fat
    kraft zesty italian dressing fat free 2 tbs 15 cal sodium high 340mg
  • brannewmee
    Options
    Salsa! Makes a great flavorful low calorie no fat dressing. Especially with black beans, feta cheese, tomatoes, banana peppers, chick peas and bell peppers on the salad:)

Sounds amazing!
  • brannewmee
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    I like the Walden Farms sugar-free dressings, only 5 calories per tbsp. So far I like the Italian, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Red Raspberry Vinaigrette, and just bought the 1000 Island (haven't tried it yet). They are really quite good.

Haven't had these yet. But I'll give em a try
  • t_harp112
    t_harp112 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    if you're looking for healthy, which you probably are, ones that you can see through tend to be better for you. stay away from creamy dressings as best as you can! hope I helped!