Which salad dressings do you use??

Replies

• Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    I make my own. Vinaigrettes are easy and changing vinegar types, provides a lot of variety, Use honey or Spenda for sweetener whatever herbs and spices strike my fancy. Make ahead if I have a planned menu otherwise last minute. If I'm eating out - dressing on the side or lemon juice.
  • midge_m
    midge_m Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited November 2015
    I use straight balsamic vinegar from a specialty store here who specializes in just oil and vinegar. The vinegars have tons of flavor (they are infused with fruit and other flavors) and have 14 - 20 cals per tablespoon. I was there today and bought cranberry orange, black cherry and fig.
  • roxyish71
    roxyish71 Posts: 162 Member
    Panera poppyseed
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    OPA Blue Cheese. The best !
  • 64heyjude
    64heyjude Posts: 38 Member
    Luv this one. 68 cal. per 2 Tbsp.

ORIENTAL DRESSING
    3 T. honey
    1 1/2 T. rice vinegar
    1/4 c. mayo
    1 t. dijon mustard
    1/8 t. sesame oil
    Mix well.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Greek yogurt, lemon juice+black pepper, coconut-coriander leaves paste, these are my preferred salad dressings.
  • hunneysue
    hunneysue Posts: 7 Member
    I love to take a tablespoon or two of bbq sauce and add some basalmic vinegar to it. I know it sounds crazy but on a salad with some black beans, corn and chicken it is so good. Other than that, I make up my own and never measure anything out (usually a ranch style with greek yogurt, garlic and some seasonings) but straight up red wine vinegar is good too.
  • Floridaman789
    Floridaman789 Posts: 109 Member
    I make my own organic strawberries olive oil apple cider vinegar. I also make a organic agave with organic mustard with onion powder and garlic powder.
  • chimpy123
    chimpy123 Posts: 40 Member
    I love the Bolthouse brand that are made with yogurt. Between 20-25 cal tbsp. and the flavours are awesome. Everything from Ranch to Mango Chipotle, I'm partial to the Salsa Ranch at the moment. Best homemade spicy chicken taco salad ever!
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    I like to make my own dressings too. Usually a vinaigrette except that I reverse the ratio of vinegar and oil using 1 part oil to 3 parts vinegar. I use olive or canola oil for the oil. Depending on my mood I have a variety of vinegars...red wine, red wine pomegranate, white and dark balsamic, apple cider, champagne, rice, and plain white. I will also use a squeeze of citrus (orange, lemon, lime, or grapefruit) if I have it, a little Dijon mustard, and a variety of herbs, spices, and other seasonings. If I want a creamy dressing I always use plain Greek yogurt as the base. I thin it with a little almond or cashew milk and add crumbles of blue or feta cheese, a little garlic, salt, and pepper. If I have tomato soup I mix it with a little Greek yogurt and make a "French" dressing. Or add a little less tomato soup and little more yogurt, stir in some relish and you've got 1000 Island.
  • Glazedclay03
    Glazedclay03 Posts: 1 Member
    My favorite is trader joes low fat Parmesan ranch dressing. Per 2 Tbsp. ,it has 30 cal and 1.5g of fat.

I may need to make a trip to TJ!
  • skincaregirl66
    skincaregirl66 Posts: 11 Member
    I have been throwing a serving of the Trader Joes Tomatoeless corn pepper salsa on my salads and have found no dressing needed. If i do feel like dressing I love the Trader Joes Cilantro dressing in the cold salad aisle super good and light. I am also a fan of just plain salsa as a dressing. After reading this thread though i am going to look for the Opa dressings and give them a try.
  • Q_Is_Poison
    Q_Is_Poison Posts: 203 Member
    I use fresh lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, or red wine vinegar. Sometimes I will make a low cal "honey" mustard dressing with 1/4 cup of brown mustard, 1/8 cup almond milk, and Splenda or Equal to taste. I know it's simple but it is very easy and very low cal.
  • KendraMonster
    KendraMonster Posts: 46 Member
    I usually use avocado...will look into the Trader Joe's Parm ranch though. That sounds great!
  • mr1217
    mr1217 Posts: 12 Member
    This is my favorite dressing. It makes 1 tbs. of dressing, but it's so flavorful, that's all you need.

1 tsp. olive oil
    1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
    1 tsp. Dijon mustard

That's it! Delicious! I find I don't really need to add salt (Dijon mustard has sodium) or pepper and or herbs.

Marilyn
  • diabeticdiva130
    diabeticdiva130 Posts: 12 Member
    Oil and vinegar here
  • I use newnams own seseme ginger. Only 35 calories per 2 tbsp!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado is delicious!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I make my own using plain kefir, red wine vinegar, and about a tablespoon of Greek seasoning from Penzeys. Good stuff! I also saw an idea recently that I haven't tried tet, where someone used soup as a salad dressing. That might be pretty good with the right soup..
  • bonniebonbon
    bonniebonbon Posts: 23 Member
    I like a drizzle of oil, sprinkle of the large flake type of brewers yeast and some salt, all to taste.