Which salad dressings do you use??

Options

Replies

• Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Vinegar, olive oil, grated parmesan, and some italian herbs make for a tasty homemade dressing. I also mix salsa and greek nonfat yogurt to make a "salsa dressing".
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I really like the Ken's Steakhouse dressings line. I typically look at the fat-free or light ones, and have yet to have one I didn't like. I prefer the vinaigrette ones, rather than the creamy ones, but all have been good!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Kens, Marie's or a store brand. Right now I'm hooked on French style dressing but I also like ranch and 1000 island.
  • keekeepop5
    keekeepop5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oil & Lemon (touch of salt) and I also like Bolthouse (honey mustard and ranch). This is making me hungry..........
  • MiMiloves3grandchildren
    Options
    My salad dressing is simple: I put my salad in a bowl with a fitted lid, then I add 1 tsp. each of olive oil and vinegar (different types each time), freshly ground pepper, and some dried herbs. Then I shake the bowl to distribute the seasonings thoroughly.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    OPA Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese. Sometimes with a tiny drizzle of Catalina.
  • buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I love French dressing. Try and find one with without sugar. I finally made my own and I'm quite happy with it. Hellmans light mayo, cider vinegar, Splenda, catsup, paprika, celery seed, onion and garlic powder. 25 cal per Tbls.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been using just umeboshi vinegar with a little olive oil.
  • mrsdixon247
    mrsdixon247 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I use Wish Bone fat free Italian. 15 calories for two TBSP
  • Solimay
    Solimay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favorite is (homemade)
    1 ripe avocado
    1/4 c apple cider vinegar
    1/4. c. honey/ pure maple
    3 T. lime juice
    1 clove garlic
    1/4 c. cilantro
    1/2 small jalepeno (or your preference)
    1/4 c. water or more, to thin to preference

• MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I make my own dressing too. It depends on what I'm in the mood to eat. Sometimes I make Greek yogurt based dressings (blue cheese is my favorite) or I do a vinaigrette. However when I do a vinaigrette I always reverse the amount of oil with the amount of vinegar. I keep a variety of oils and vinegars on hand. I also use a lot of citrus fruits for my dressings. I love blood oranges and make a vinaigrette with blood orange juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, and fresh herbs.
  • AnaFitness2016
    AnaFitness2016 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was mentioned - Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado dressing is delicious!
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I recently started enjoying the Bolthouse brand selection of salad dressings. They are yogurt based and have a really wide range of flavors. I haven't found one that I don't like yet. My favorite used to be Hidden Valley Ranch - but I probably might not go back until I can afford the calories.
  • Tessie0303
    Tessie0303 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Best dressing ever....so much punch for flavor...don't need much. Add on top of diced cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet onions and lettuce if you want. Keeps in fridge 3 days

Fattoush Salad Dressing:
    1/4 cup fresh italian parsley (broad leaf not curly leaf), chopped fine
    1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped fine
    1 clove garlic, chopped fine
    1/4 cup fresh (not bottled) lemon juice
    1/4 cup olive oil (if I double this recipe I don't double the olive oil)
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 tablespoons sumac powder (get from any Indian or Lebanese type store)
    Throw in blender for about 30 seconds
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Ken's Lite Asian Sesame with Ginger and Soy. I get the ready made asian salad mix, add dressing, a few chopped almonds. Try coating salmon with the dressing before broiling...yummy.
  • lilmrshaynes
    lilmrshaynes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love Olive Garden light salad dressing. They have been selling it at my local Walmart and I don't even have to use a full serving because it's so flavorful. I even carry a bottle with me when I go out. I love it that much!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've been making my own yogurt dressings.
    Ranch = Fage 0% Greek Yogurt + Ranch Packet + High Protein Milk
    Creamy Italian = Fage 0% Greek Yogurt + Italian Packet + Apple Cider Vinegar

Low cal, no fat, high protein and taste pretty much like the original.
  • semossmoss
    semossmoss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try the OPA dressings now that I see they have decent reviews. I've been scared away because I dislike yogurt and I've tried another Greek yogurt dressing I was not a fan of at all. Will also have to try the lower calorie Trader Joe's dressings...they have good stuff.
    I do like using salsa as a dressing, especially with taco salad. Other than that, I haven't really found a dressing that is very low calorie that I'm a huge fan of. It would benefit me greatly because no matter how I try, 2 tablespoons of dressing doesn't get it quite wet enough for me with the amount of spinach and spring mix I eat.

Kraft makes a light Asian Toasted Sesame that is decent. 45 calories for 2 tablespoons. I also loved Naturally Fresh light Ranch, but no one around me sells it anymore.

My main go to dressings are Brianna's Poppyseed and Trader Joe's Goddess dressing. Neither being low calorie. So I'll be excited to give some others a shot.
  • semossmoss
    semossmoss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this was mentioned - Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado dressing is delicious!

I thought I would love that one but I just could not get into it. It's what has made me so skeptical of yogurt based dressings, actually. :/ I'm a huge fan of cilantro and avocado, so I think it is just the yogurt factor on my part.
  • hfrizzell75
    hfrizzell75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As horrible as it sounds, one of my doctors told me to use mayonnaise . I use the one with olive oil and I add salt to it. Low carb, low calorie