Welcome! It's Thursday night

Options
Be honest... Did u hold off for tomorrow or give in to thirsty Thursday? And if so, mind sharing why? Just thirsty? Cooking dinner and the wine just went along? Emo drinking over a bad day? Had some calories left in ur day and thought why the hell not? No judgement here, I caved and am typing cocktail in hand. So please feel free to share or proudly boast ur abstinence. The floor is yours friends...

Replies

• LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for starting the group Elizabeth! I was successful tonight at not drinking anything! My husband (a big wine drinker) opened a 2006 vintage from Spain and I had sparkling water. It was tough but worth it! I'm going to a wedding tomorrow night so I'm sure I'll have more that a couple of drinks.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Welcome! And good for you, @LisaTcan !! Did he drink all of it or save a glass for an appy tomorrow night pre wedding?? 2006 Spain...that shows restraint!
  • summerhol15
    summerhol15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. 39 days ago I gave myself the rule, only to drink when there was a social event. I had got in the habit of a bottle of wine every night for a long time! When I feel tempted l just go back to the calculator & work out how much money I've saved & how many calories i've waved goodbye to. Feeling quite smug with myself at the moment! o:)
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Smug on @summerhol15! Wine is the second least economical option in my opinion other than beer. I'm a vodka girl. More bang for ur buck. And less sugar too! But going from a bottle a night to only socializing is HARD! Good for you!! I used to be a (daily) wine drinker and man my mouth would water for it by four pm. So go you!! :)
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I gave in to Thirsty Thursday. I had 1 glass of wine with dinner. Taking into consideration that when I joined our other thread a few weeks back, I was having 2-3 glasses a night, a few nights a week. Now, I'm enjoying the benefits of not consuming as much during the week (less caloric intake, sleeping better & just feeling better about me in general) and still being able to enjoy my favorite beverages on the weekend (just not as many).

Who says you can't eat your cake and have it too?
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Lolol... Not me!
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    Hey!! Welcome! And good for you, @LisaTcan !! Did he drink all of it or save a glass for an appy tomorrow night pre wedding?? 2006 Spain...that shows restraint!

He drank half the bottle, which was pretty impressive. I think my new plan may help him to drink less too! Probably won't have any before the wedding, it starts at 4pm on a Friday - who does that!?

Hope everyone has a great day! And a fun weekend.
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    Hello everyone. 39 days ago I gave myself the rule, only to drink when there was a social event. I had got in the habit of a bottle of wine every night for a long time! When I feel tempted l just go back to the calculator & work out how much money I've saved & how many calories i've waved goodbye to. Feeling quite smug with myself at the moment! o:)

Good for you!! 39 days is impressive. I have been drinking about 1/2 a bottle a night for a long time, this will definitely save us calories and dollars!
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Good work all! I went to a dinner party last night (whyyyy hold it on Thursday?) and had 3 glasses of red wine. Ughhhh. I should have only had 2 at the most. Tonight is dinner with friends, tomorrow is a birthday party. Back to alcohol free on Sunday.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @lisatcan the good part of that is u have the rest of the weekend to urself! But u have to take a half day of work to get ready and be there on time. Hope u have fun!!
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'll give this a go. The empty calories are killing my diet but I enjoy them oh so much : )

Great time to start this group on a Friday LOL It's a good thing so I can prep myself over the weekend.

Cheers!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I went out with my friend yesterday (Thursday) and I had 3 glasses of red wine. I guess my intentions to stick to one glass went down the drain!!!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I went out with my friend yesterday (Thursday) and I had 3 glasses of red wine. I guess my intentions to stick to one glass went down the drain!!!

I call that the "lays potato chip syndrome"
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    @elizabethymartin yeah, did have to take the afternoon off but had a great time so it was worth it! Is nice to still have the whole weekend off.

I drank a fair bit last night (maybe 4 drinks?) but had soda water between every drink so I feel pretty good today!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @LisaTcan awesome!!! Wish I had done that last night!! :# hope u had fun!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    OK SO I crashed and burned Friday and Saturday night!!! Had way too much to drink! I am to the point where I am afraid of weekends. I shouldn't feel that way but I hate the struggle in my mind (drink, don't drink, stop at one or two, ok screw it I am going to have a good time!!!)
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @dbanks80 if it makes u feel better ur not alone and I carried that attitude into Sunday and even tho I went to bed early I felt very sluggish and short tempered this morning. Looking frwd to a few days off.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    @elizabethymartin we can do this! It's a new week and new beginning!
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Made it past Wednesday and now we are on to the weekend. Stayed strong last night even when my friend called and asked me to come over for a drink. Now that was hard!

I love having a glass of wine while I cook dinner and for the last couple nights I haven't given in but I find myself eating everything in sight instead! All the calories I a saving by not drinking are being eaten! This is quite depressing. I feel like I'm in a no win situation. Whaaa
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    They don't call it thirsty Thursday for nothing. If uv made it this far and make it until tomorrow morning y'all have my permission to start ur day off w/ a Bloody Mary. You probably don't have ur bosses permission, but u have mine. You can tell him/ her that.