Welcome! It's Thursday night

Options

Replies

• lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Quichee wrote: »
    Good Morning All!

Made it past Wednesday and now we are on to the weekend. Stayed strong last night even when my friend called and asked me to come over for a drink. Now that was hard!

I love having a glass of wine while I cook dinner and for the last couple nights I haven't given in but I find myself eating everything in sight instead! All the calories I a saving by not drinking are being eaten! This is quite depressing. I feel like I'm in a no win situation. Whaaa

My suggestion would be to replace your habit of drinking wine/ munching while cooking dinner with snacking on things that are nutrient dense and low cal. My go-tos are carrots, cucumbers, or sliced raw bell peppers. You could munch on cucumbers for the duration of cooking and eat 20 calories or less :)
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Time to cut up some veggies!
  • AJMB704
    AJMB704 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I had 2 glasses of sparkling wine last night at a big client event. I was socializing with the clients, so it doesn't count against my rule :)
  • Ginnygirl5
    Ginnygirl5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not last I was good! Had my tea and tried to sleep. But Wednesday I did have 3 beers. Felt like crap yesturday morning !
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    U guys are awesome. I poured myself two martinis last night. Oops. Vodkas low in calories??? If I take tonight off tho I'll still make my goal of four sober nights a week. I'd like to hit five so maybe I'll shoot for Sunday. Don't hold me to any of it tho. I feel like I'm slowly skipping across the board. Kinda bumming me out which is stupid cuz I can't cry victim of my own choices. Silly me.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    And by skipping I meant slipping. Slowly slipping. And sipping but u got that part already.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Well my first week I only had 2 nights totally alcohol free, but two nights I just had one glass of wine when I usually have 2!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @LisaTcan progress is progress girl!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Truth, I had wine last night. :s dinner w/ in laws who are so funny esp w/ wine. Here's my huge weight loss struggle. I love drinking my calories. Not just alcohol but anything. Juice, milk, sugary tea. Not so much soda but I love something sweet to drink w/ my meals. Been keeping to water but I'm complaining- I miss milk n sugar.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Tonight is a pumpkin beer crawl that we are attending with friends. I asked my husband if we can split the beers. 5 bars, you grab a beer at each, and then after you have a stamp you get into an after party with a bunch of swag and stuff. Mostly I'm just interested in trying out a bunch of different pumpkin beers.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    @AJMB704 We'll you've resisted some major temptations this week. Wow, u have quite the social life! Makes not stinker to much harder! I'm def off the sauce tonight. Had wine last night and exhausted today.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    @AJMB704 We'll you've resisted some major temptations this week. Wow, u have quite the social life! Makes not stinker to much harder! I'm def off the sauce tonight. Had wine last night and exhausted today.

Yes, we are social butterflies every weekend! We have something going on Thursday - Sunday this weekend. I'm already tired just thinking about it :p
  • lizwooshy
    lizwooshy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Drink free today! I ate way too much Halloween candy at work to even think about having a beer.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I went to a Halloween party last night and had only 1 beer but ended up eating waaaay to much candy and junk food instead. I seem to be eating more sugar to make up for not drinking as much.
  • AJMB704
    Options
    Pumpkin beer crawl. We shared beers throughout the night so we each ended up drinking 2.5 beers. But no water so I was hurting this morning. And less than interested in more pumpkin beer for the next year :|
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    LisaTcan wrote: »
    I went to a Halloween party last night and had only 1 beer but ended up eating waaaay to much candy and junk food instead. I seem to be eating more sugar to make up for not drinking as much.
    TOTALLY

I am not a sweets person at all but every night I've had a granola bar and that is something I never would have craved or eaten before. I could be munching in worse things so I'm ok with it. Just always surprises me how my body wants to replace those damn carbs that it does not need!!
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Ok. I slipped up last night. My SO is being difficult, I was being a grouchy mom and honestly sad to say but one cocktail made me a much more laid back mom. I hate that, but I hate being a b*tch to my kid more. Or letting my so's bs get under my skin. I only had one tho. And family dinner at the in laws tonight. Prob gonna give in then too. My bad.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    I was good sun- tues tho!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have been good all week. No alcohol. I have to stay strong Saturday with no wine. I have a Hot Chocolate 5k run Sunday morning at 7:30 AM
  • TriniDiva_PA
    TriniDiva_PA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had 1 drink on Sunday; NONE so far this week. I'm feeling pretty good about that accomplishment. I desperately need the scale to be my friend on Saturday when I do my weekly weigh in. I had a 1 pound weight gain last week and I'm hoping to have lost it and a couple more. I am SO close to my goal weight, I can taste the victory.

No matter what, I am so grateful to all of you for being apart of this thread (and all the other ones we share). I've learned so much from all of you Thank you!

I was elated to come to terms with the fact that my glass or 2 or 3 a night, 7 days a week, was keeping me from shedding a few pounds. I still love my wine and am getting used to having a drink or 2 and enjoying it especially after not having a drink for a few days. I bet I must have cut about 2,000 calories from my life, weekly. My waist line looks good, my skin is clear, my mood is better and I'm sleeping and waking up much better. No matter what that scale says, I've made changes for the better and it feels good