Options
13»

Replies

• Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    tsazani wrote: »
    Apology accepted.

Now regarding the "overall" medical profession, be assured that my PCP will be getting an earful regarding my experience with LCHF diet and DM2. He will also receive the books "Blood Sugar 101" and "Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars".

So, so glad to hear that this WOE is gaining interest of some in the medical community. I am glad we have doctors who are open-minded to look into the efficacy of something that goes so much against the traditional grain. I wish I could've gotten a good doctor when I was younger instead of getting someone who told me for years that my symptoms were in my head and refused to run tests because he thought he knew better.
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Apology accepted.

Now regarding the "overall" medical profession, be assured that my PCP will be getting an earful regarding my experience with LCHF diet and DM2. He will also receive the books "Blood Sugar 101" and "Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars".

:-) Where is that ginormous smiley button?!?!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Passion about a topic is hard to tone down. Gaining my life back (I'm an RN who has been unable to work for ten years) causes that. I'm returning to work! Lchf/keto did that for me. I have an application to an outpatient surgery center and should have an interview within a week! I never dreamed I would get here! I didn't begin this woe for health. I thought it was to lose weight. So the improvements have been totally unexpected, but so exciting. I will try to reign it in a bit though. Thanks for coming back! It's great to have you here! :smiley:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I guess you missed where I said I'd OFFER a statin before you went on your rant. Teabagger per chance?

1. Ad hominem attacks are against the rules of both MFP and this group.
    2. It's probably not a good idea to level such an attack against a moderator (not that you should be leveling such attacks at anyone to begin with, but toward a mod just seems especially bad).
    3. You're still very quick to suggest/offer/consider statins off of a single number, which I do honestly find disturbing. That said, my "rant" was less about you in particular and more about the state of the healthcare industry (of which you and other doctors are victims almost as much as the patients are, and your actions are but a symptom of the larger problem, for all of the reasons already mentioned and more). The other items were things I thought you'd be interested in, nothing more.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    MD's can be caught between a rock and hard place when treating today. I know the LCHF community under the radar for the most part yet today.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    :warning:

@Dragonwolf. Since you attacked me first. Unprovoked. A simple apology would have been far more appropriate than your rant about ad hominim attacks etc.

Don't be a hater.

I don't see anywhere where @Dragonwolf attacked or insulted you.
    She doesn't need to apologize to you for commenting on the issue. Expressing that she disagreed with you is not a personal attack. Calling someone a name, intending to call into question the person's character in the doing (ad hominem), and making insulting comments is considered a personal attack, and that's not mentioning the rudeness in your tone. We don't do that here. We are here to discuss and support. We won't always agree, but we will be respectful in the disagreeing.

Personal attacks DO violate site community guidelines as can be read here: http://myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
    1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I participate here to learn and contribute. I apologize to any and all. Yes. I was guilty of advising and following bad nutritional and dietary strategies. I was also guilty of propagating ideas that are frankly harmful.

This and the DM2 boards have taught me a lot and have given me hope. In one month my FBG has gone from the mid-120s to the low 80s.I'm beginner but I talk to every patient I can who will listen to me. I've already generated a lot of interest among them and physicians I come in contact with. I write about it in Facebook.

Hey you are on the right track and will continue to help others see the light. You are in the position to help many yet you want to operate in a way that does not make your liability insurance carrier stressed out.

I have been studying very LCHF hard for over a year now and grasping the science behind it is hard for me. Yes I get it all figured out then learn of some new research that questions my position so it is back to the drawing board. :(
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    I can't wait to see what happens to you in your progress too @tsazani Your position will afford you the opportunity to help many! Am excited for you!!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Btw: I want to personally apologise to the OP for the thread hijacking! Your labs look great! Keep it up! :smiley:
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Talk about the redrawing the drawing board. Until a short while ago, I was personally convinced that no matter how low my BG would go with my LCHF diet, I would always take my metformin, baby aspirin, ARB, statin, and CoQ10 until I die.

I'm now hopeful that I'll be able to eliminate all of them. This is despite having DM2 for 11 years. Wow!

For me the science is easy to understand. I've also found it very easy to go from a low fat high carbs and protein 20/40/40 (f/c/p) Pritikin-like diet to a LCHF 60/20/20 Adkins-like diet.

I can't wait to see what happens to my A1c, lipid panel, liver function tests, and urine analysis protein test over the next year.

I'm glad you're here. It's good to have a different view of things. I feel like everyone ganged up on you and I'm sure that wasn't the intention. Can't we all just get along???!!!