100% Challenge - Harvesting a New you Oct. 26 to Dec. 6

Options

Replies

• ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    100% 11/17 I think there are a lot of peeps that joined up for a bl thing that started on Monday on the proboards site. Went out with one dog and walked a little bit...my back really hurts when I do that....think I need to do it more and since I can't take the bike out due to its too cold, rainy I will have to start walking more which will probably be good for me. Its blowing pretty good out there 28 mph winds right now.
    Ginny
  • ginnywed
    Options
    100% 11/18
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

11/18/2015 100%

Hi
    The weather during today's walk was OK despite the forecast. The Rain held off until I was home and the Gusty winds have not started blowing yet. Temperatures were in the comfortable range, I only needed a Thin Long Sleeve Shirt and no gloves. I did take a light rain jacket and folding umbrella along just in case but they were not needed.

Have a Nice Thursday
    RogerToo
    ginnywed wrote: »
    100% 11/17 I think there are a lot of peeps that joined up for a bl thing that started on Monday on the proboards site. Went out with one dog and walked a little bit...my back really hurts when I do that....think I need to do it more and since I can't take the bike out due to its too cold, rainy I will have to start walking more which will probably be good for me. Its blowing pretty good out there 28 mph winds right now.
    Ginny
    100% 11/18

HI Ginny
    It is possible that by walking You will strengthen muscles in the back and reduce back pain too.

Rain is coming today, and they say windy too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • ginnywed
    Options
    we are having wind gusts betwen 40 and 50 mph so no walking outside for me today!

Ginny
  • ginnywed
    Options
    100% 11/19 Its cold outside but I am going to get a picture framed for one of my Christmas presents to my son and his wife. have a great day!
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/19/2015 Not 100%
    I did not get enough water in Yesterday, everything else was good.

Hi
    I walked today, + One battered penny.
    The weather was OK, I was OK in light gloves and a thicker Long sleeve shirt than yesterday :)

Have a Good Friday
    RogerToo
    we are having wind gusts betwen 40 and 50 mph so no walking outside for me today!

Ginny

Hi Ginny
    That would keep me home to, No need to get blown off Your feet and then toss in the wind chill.
    100% 11/19 Its cold outside but I am going to get a picture framed for one of my Christmas presents to my son and his wife. have a great day!

Hi Again
    It sounds as if Your weather has improved :)
    As You may have noticed I am running late today.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/20/2015 100%

Hi
    I walked today and picked up my coffee from Dunkin Donuts, I got a gift card for $20 from my brother that he would not use, he won it in a drawing at a meeting.

Then By Registering at DDperks with the card info I got a printable coupon for a free coffee, Best Price I know of.

It was Cold today, 36 in a nearby town according to News12 when I checked to see what to wear fro my walk.

Talk about coincidences I was awake at 4:37AM and looked at the Clock/outdoor temperature reading on the clock. 4:37AM and 43.7 degrees on the front porch :)

Have a Good Weekend
    RogerToo
  • ginnywed
    edited November 2015
    Options
    wow. that is a coincidence! I walked at the mall today this morning on the way to see Mockingjay part 3. No popcorn or anything...I went in the morning and didn't want anything so it wasn't a problem. 100% 11/20

Ginny
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Fell a little behind

11/18 100
    11/19 not 100
    11/20 100
    11/21 not 100

Hopefully I can stay caught up this week. I finally see the scale moving on a daily basis, so hopefully I am over this plateau. Of course, right at the holidays. May goal is at least to maintain over Thanksgiving. If I don't get back to post, I am traveling this week and won't be back until next Monday, but I will post when I can and weigh when I get back

W/I 197.2

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/21/2015 100%

Hi
    I was walking today, I went off of the Streets and sidewalks for part of it and wandered through the woods by one of our parks for a change of pace.
    Temperature was not too bad today, tomorrow is supposed to be colder.

Have a Great Sunday
    RogerToo
    wow. that is a coincidence! I walked at the mall today this morning on the way to see Mockingjay part 3. No popcorn or anything...I went in the morning and didn't want anything so it wasn't a problem. 100% 11/20

Ginny

Hi Ginny
    Congratulations on that victory over the snack bar.

Cheers
    Roger
    Fell a little behind

11/18 100
    11/19 not 100
    11/20 100
    11/21 not 100

Hopefully I can stay caught up this week. I finally see the scale moving on a daily basis, so hopefully I am over this plateau. Of course, right at the holidays. May goal is at least to maintain over Thanksgiving. If I don't get back to post, I am traveling this week and won't be back until next Monday, but I will post when I can and weigh when I get back

W/I 197.2

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Hi Donna
    Congratulations on getting that scale to co-operate again. Those plateaus can be so frustrating :)

Good Luck maintaining over the Holiday and I hope You have a good trip.
    Roger
  • ginnywed
    Options
    I weighed this morning because I am going over to my son's house today for pizza and footbaall. I don't want to get on the scale tomorrow. LOL 100% 11/21 NOT 100% 11/22 WI 194. No change. My goal for this week is to stay the same and not gain anything.

Ginny
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2015
    Options
    11/01/2015 100%
    Weigh In 1.0 total lost for the challenge so far is 6.25 lost

Hi
    I was walking this morning. Wow was it it cold around 32 degrees, It would not have been bad except that there was a breeze too. I was warm enough except for the exposed area on my face :(

I am sitting here listening to Chandu the Magician from here
    https://archive.org/details/otr_chanduthemagician
    Lots of Public Domain old time radio shows here to listen to or download for later
    https://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio?

Earlier I was listening to Fibber McGee & Molly
    Cheers
    RogerToo
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    11/22 and 11/23 not 100, I feel like I am losing a little control with all the goodies in the office. I have to reel it in and get focused. I have to stay strong during the holidays.

Roger, that's cold. I'm heading north to the Carolinas for Thanksgiving. The Florida girl will be cold.
  • ginnywed
    Options
    Good morning! Its going to be in the low 40's today. the sun is out and it looks like a nice day. I think I am going to go out with the dogs even though its only 38 this morning. Want them to burn off some energy. 100% 11/23
    Have a great day everyone!
    Ginny
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/23/2015 Not 100%
    Short Story involving my Brothers Home made bread fresh from the oven :)

Hi
    Well, I went walking today, Somewhat colder than Yesterday, No Breeze however so it worked out about the same. I suspect I should have waited til later in the day, Finally the Sun has broken through the clouds :)

Currently Listening to The Sad Sack Show 1946-06-19, Followed by FredAllen371222_Town_Hall_TonightSanta_Will_Not_Ride_Tonight_Guest_Jack_Benny.mp3 and The Fat Man - Murder Squares the Triangle.

Have a Good Tuesday
    RogerToo
    11/22 and 11/23 not 100, I feel like I am losing a little control with all the goodies in the office. I have to reel it in and get focused. I have to stay strong during the holidays.

Roger, that's cold. I'm heading north to the Carolinas for Thanksgiving. The Florida girl will be cold.

Hi Donna
    It felt cold to me too. I had a little problem with the Fresh from the Oven Warm bread yesterday myself :)

Stay Warm
    Roger
  • ginnywed
    Options
    100% 11/24 Yummm...Homemade bread fresh from the oven.
    I'd be into that too.
    Ginny
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/19/2015 Not 100%
    See below for why

Hi
    On today's walk I went a new route due to the stops I wanted to make.
    1st Post Office, Then Dunkin Donuts for a Extra large Black Coffee on the Gift Card from my Brother, then while there I picked up the Free Boston Creme Doughnut for him, The Last receipt had a place to take a survey and enter a validation code for a free doughnut :) Then some walking and back to the bank to make a deposit for both of us and home. 8K+ steps.

It was only a couple of degrees warmer than yesterday when I started out, No real breeze however and then it warmed up by the time I left the bank.

Last Night we started the Holiday baking with Banana nut Muffins using Hickory Nuts. I ended up eating some of them since I had not had any of those for years. Then Peeled to many Bananas so I ate the extra one :) and Tasted the Batter after filling the Muffin Tin.

Today is prep day. I already peeled the potatoes and they are cooking, While I did that he Made the Dressing AKA Stuffing and it is in the Oven, Later on a Pumpkin Pie and a Mincemeat pie. Tonight the Turkey goes in the oven on am lowish heat so that it can rest and firm up tomorrow before being carved. It will still be warm FWIW. He also made Carrot sticks and Celery Sticks as snacks. Tomorrow probably the plate using them with Black Olives, Spanish Olives with Pimento and Home Made Deviled Eggs.

Have a Nice Thanksgiving Eve :)
    RogerToo

100% 11/24 Yummm...Homemade bread fresh from the oven.
    I'd be into that too.
    Ginny

Hi Ginny
    Yup, I worked a slice into my lunch Yesterday.

Cheers
    Roger

• ginnywed
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Have a great Thanksgiving today! I am going to my son's house for the day. 100% 11/25 NOT 100% 11/26
  • RogerToo
    Options

11/25/2015 100% and 11/26/2015 Not 100%
    Too much home cooking to sample.

Hi
    I got out walking this morning. Despite the fact that it will be warmer later today it was within a degree or two of Yesterdays temperature.

The Turkey is cooked and out of the roaster sitting in the oven, Two Pumpkin Pies and one Apple Pie are cooked. The Mashed Potatoes, A Sweet Potato Cassoulet, Two Homemade Lasagna, Candied Carrots and Stuffing are ready to be warmed up in the oven. The Deviled Eggs are being prepared right now, The Celery and Carrots are slivered for a appetizer tray, the Sweet Gherkins, and Black Olives are ready to be opened and used too.

If I said my Brother goes overboard for the Holidays :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Day
    RogerToo
    w6b2ufaj8sq8.jpg
    th.jpg 20.7K