Leslie Sansone November 2015 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    My goal for November is 120 miles - 15 over 10,000 steps - get back on mini trampoline or use my walking DVD's.

Week 1- 24.2 miles (1/15 over 10,000)
    Week 2 - 27.7 miles (2/15 over 10,000)
    Total - 51.9 miles ....just a little behind - will have to try get outside today and walk extra

Nov 15 - 3.5 miles
    Nov 16 - 3.4 miles
    Nov 17 - 2.9 miles
    Nov 18 - 3.0 miles
    Nov 19 - 5.7 miles - 12659 steps (3/15 )

I hope I can keep up with everyone - my mom fell last night and broke her shoulder and they are not sure about her hip so she is in the rural hospital and could be moved to the city this morning.

Keep moving everyone, any little bit counts

Lily

Hugs and prayers for your mother.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    To those of you who use Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home website...she is terminating the Walk Social and going to an app. I for one am disappointed since it probably means that I am losing my mileage and the accessibility to put my laptop on the counter and do my workouts in my kitchen. I do have a handful of DVDs but my favorite low impacts walks are the Silver Walk and the 2 Mile Walk This Way. Sigh......what do you ladies think of the changes?

I'm not familiar with that portion of the website but I wonder if the new app with have some of the features the the social part does. I see that she has added a couple more video's on YouTube. Did they say when they were expecting to close that section of the website down and launch the app?

I received an email stating that the website's Walk Social will be terminated on Dec.1st. and the app will launched in the near future. UGH!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Hi all, I took some needed days off this week, but back to walking again.

I loved reading all your posts and miles :)

Wow, another new DVD!! I'm losing track of the recent new LS DVDs coming out. zichab, I shall be waiting for your review of the newest one! Thanks in advance <3 .

Yesterday: 70 minutes in the park including using the exercise equipment there.
    And 60 additional minutes on a therapy walk with brother including more time on the exercise equipment.

Today 95 minutes in the neighborhood.

So far this month: total of 925 minutes walking outdoors.

Keep those shoes on and tied up :p

:flowerforyou:
    BRAVO! Good for you!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    91 This morning I did the 2 Mile Walk This Way , 2 Mile Silver Walk and the 1 Mile Walk In Home.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Dear PinkyPan1 I am not an app person I have a cell phone for emergency use only and it's a flip phone. I wonder if she will launch dvd's of the walks that people used the most?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    92.5/100
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Dear PinkyPan1 I am not an app person I have a cell phone for emergency use only and it's a flip phone. I wonder if she will launch dvd's of the walks that people used the most?

I have a phone and can use apps but I can not imagine placing my phone down and using the app for the walk unless I am missing something. I guess we will not know anything until it is launched.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    Goal-3.5 miles/day or 105 total

I am trying Ann! It is supposed to snow 3-6 inches tomorrow :noway:! I have decided to celebrate the first snowstorm of the season by walking the entire 5 Boosted Miles DVD and then reviewing it for all of you!!! I may be the only person on the planet over the age of 5 who actually celebrates snow! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

Looking forward to that review.

Had to laugh about celebrating snow. :#:)

• AnnofB
    Options
    56/50
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    My goal for November is 120 miles - 15

I hope I can keep up with everyone - my mom fell last night and broke her shoulder and they are not sure about her hip so she is in the rural hospital and could be moved to the city this morning.

Keep moving everyone, any little bit counts

Lily

Lily, so sorry to hear about your Mom! Hope they are able to help her with the pain and get her on the path to healing asap.

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options

I have a phone and can use apps but I can not imagine placing my phone down and using the app for the walk unless I am missing something. I guess we will not know anything until it is launched.

I often keep my phone on me when I'm doing dvd's inside.
    I'll keep a watch for the app to launch and download it ASAP.
  • AnnofB
    edited November 2015
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote:
    I have a phone and can use apps but I can not imagine placing my phone down and using the app for the walk unless I am missing something. I guess we will not know anything until it is launched. "

Years and years ago she launched a few cd's for outdoor walking, remember Walkmen? Gosh that seems like a long time ago. I notice in an email that she is (I think) selling a device with with ear buds and it has her speaking the workout to you. I don't care for that myself. I do believe zichab is right about her intended audience.

Maybe you can find those workouts online at ebay or even Collage Video. Are they strickly something she produced just for youtube or her own website? I know there are some called "Walk Your Way" with Leslie, sponsored by Jenny Craig.They are sold by a seller named rnsgoodies on ebay. There are tons of her older workouts there too as well as the new ones.

Have to laugh, when I searched for "Walk this Way" dvd on ebay I got a lot of Run DMC hits. Lol. Hope you are able to find those workouts. I have my favorites too and wouldn't want to give them up. We have metered internet service so we don't download much so I buy my workouts at Wal-Mart and online.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    95 2 Mile Walk This Way and 2 Mile Silver Walk. Today is my 55th birthday and here are my miles as of today 660 ACTIVITIES, 2540.17 MILES. It feels freaking awesome to have accomplished my goal and then some. The best gift I could have received was the gift of health. I am healthier than ever thanks to Leslie Sansone, MFP and this wonderful group of walkers. Walk Strong.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    9 :) 5 2 Mile Walk This Way and 2 Mile Silver Walk. Today is my 55th birthday and here are my miles as of today 660 ACTIVITIES, 2540.17 MILES. It feels freaking awesome to have accomplished my goal and then some. The best gift I could have received was the gift of health. I am healthier than ever thanks to Leslie Sansone, MFP and this wonderful group of walkers. Walk Strong.

:):) Congratulations Pinky. You made the choice to take charge of your health and you did it. Your stat's are inspirational! It's been a pleasure watching your progress. Happy Birthday - and many happy returns of the day! :):)

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Goal-3.5 miles/day or 105 total

11/1 WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 total miles
    11/1 Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=5.6 total miles
    11/2 Just Walk-10 minute Walk Blaster + Tone Every Zone -Upper Body Circuit=1.7 miles=7.3 total miles
    11/2 Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=9.3 total miles
    11/3 Vivofit tracked 4.3 miles=13.6 total miles
    11/4 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper and Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles=15.1 total miles
    11/4 Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles=16.8 total miles
    11/5 Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles (whew!)=20.4 total miles
    11/6 Vivofit tracked 2.8 miles (Somehow, I lost this day! Thank goodness Garmin Connect keeps track of me! ) =23.2 total miles
    11/7 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone Walk=2.7 miles=25.9 total miles
    11/7 Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles=27.7 total miles
    11/8 WAH-Walk Slim-3 Fast Miles=30.7 total miles
    11/8 Vivofit tracked 3.4 miles of Christmas shopping! :+1: =34.1 total miles
    11/9 Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=36.3 total miles
    11/10 Vivofit tracked 4.4 miles=40.7 total miles
    11/11 Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=42.9 total miles
    11/12 Vivofit tracked 3.7 miles=46.6 total miles
    11/13 Vivofit tracked 3.2 miles=49.8 total miles
    11/14 Vivofit tracked .9 miles=50.7 total miles
    11/15 Vivofit tracked 1.2 miles=51.9 total miles
    11/16 Vivofit tracked 1.3 miles=53.2 total miles
    11/17 Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles=56.8 total miles
    11/18 Just Walk-5 Boosted Miles-2 miles=58.8 total miles
    11/18 Vivofit tracked 2.3 miles!!!!=61.1 total miles
    11/19 Vivofit tracked 3.5 miles=64.6 total miles
    11/20 Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles=66.4 total miles
    11/21 Just Walk: 5 Boosted Miles=71.4 total miles

95 2 Mile Walk This Way and 2 Mile Silver Walk. Today is my 55th birthday and here are my miles as of today 660 ACTIVITIES, 2540.17 MILES. It feels freaking awesome to have accomplished my goal and then some. The best gift I could have received was the gift of health. I am healthier than ever thanks to Leslie Sansone, MFP and this wonderful group of walkers. Walk Strong.

Happy Birthday to you Pinky! I am so happy for you and your your great health! It just goes to show we are never too old to make great choices for ourselves! You are an inspiration to all of us here. To you! :drinker:

Well as promised, it is snowing like crazy in mid-MI! We have about 6 inches on the ground right now and it is still coming down!!! So what else could I do??? I did the whole 5 Boosted miles of Leslie's new DVD. I'll write a review in the main forum after I get a shower and eat!!! This is my first snow storm celebration and I am channeling LilyMay's son! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    Options
    58/50
  • Sherryisgettingfit
    Options
    2 miles outside today!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Friday: 105 minutes in the park on Friday, which also included some time on the exercise equipment there.

Saturday: I walked 60 minutes this morning in my neighborhood.
    Sunday: It will be my rest day tomorrow.

So far this month: total of 1090 minutes walking outdoors.

Thanks Ann, zichab, and PinkyPan for your encouraging words.

Lily, I am so sorry to read about your mother's fall and her fractured shoulder and possible hip involvement also. Praying for you both :flowerforyou: .

I received the email also. It said "We are very excited to announce the release of our all new "Your Daily Walk" app in the coming weeks that will replace Walk Social. "Your Daily Walk" is an APP that plays full workouts on your mobile device (desktop version is a potential future development). We will plan each day of the month for you all year long!

We thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm for our program, and for walking the "Social" walk with us over the years.

Walk Social will be discontinued on Dec. 1, 2015, with app release soon to follow. We will make any app announcements on social media and newsletters, so please follow along (links below) for any updates. Thanks again and keep walking strong friends!"

I will miss the Walk Social part of Leslie's website. I use a desktop and have an app-less old flip phone :o

Walk happy :p .

:flowerforyou:

• SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    101.5/100 :)
    I purchase my dvd's of leslie on half.com and if I want to make sure it's the dvd I want I go to totalfitnessdvd's.com and they show little clips of her videos.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    100 I went to the park and walk a little over 5 miles this afternoon.