Leslie Sansone November 2015 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
WELCOME to all walkers!

The November Walk Challenge starts today, so now is the time to be thinking about our new individual monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player can be a great addition to walking outdoors in the crisp cool days of November. For those who are enjoying the wonderful cooler weather, walking or hiking outdoors might well continue to be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs. For those of us who live where there is more rain, or perhaps snow, the DVDs are a tremendous help when it is impossible to get outside for a walk.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes that you have walked, however you did it... it is all good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your personal goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you like. It is such an encouragement to read each others' posts.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
So if you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

Tie up those walking shoes and get some water, and let's start walking :smile: !

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p . (pretty please ;) )

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I know that I say this each month but I am truly grateful for each one of our precious walkers who continue to inspire and motivate mile by mile, and step by step, each month.
I know that we are all excited to see our long time faithful walking friends o:) join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes and get some water... as we begin to walk into November 2015!

Let us walk with thankful hearts <3 .

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Goal for November:
    - 120 miles
    - 15 days over 10,000 steps.
    - 10 mins per day on mini trampoline with hand weights

Curling starts next week and my legs are not ready....oh no!!! It is snowing out and I haven't finished putting away my planters ....oh that darn job is sure taking away from my home time!!!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Considering that I just made it in October and November is term paper grading month, I am going to back it off to 3.5 miles a day or 105 total miles for the month. I am also in a 6 week plateau :grumble: so I am going to focus on the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels this month, which will no doubt cut down on my miles since she might just kill me!

Goal-3.5 miles/day or 105 total

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    7/56 I'm in! I have 56 miles left to reach my goal and there is no stopping me. I can taste it! LOL I may up the mileage once I reach my goal of 2500 miles or I may take a break. My legs are tired.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am following Leslie's 21 day challenge. Not sure how many total miles shr has in mind ( get assignment every 3 days) but im going to set my goal for the month @ 50 miles
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I am in for 150 again!
  • zichab
    Options

11/1 WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fat Miles=4 total miles

May as well start off strong! :laugh:

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well as I have never paid attention to how many miles I walk I will go for 100 miles this month and see how I do. LOL
  • LaDominadora
    LaDominadora Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1 mile Monday to Friday and 4 miles on Saturday and Sunday. I will also make sure to add boosters to the work out like 3lb or 5lb grips or dumbbells
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    10/56 This morning was the 3 Mile Heart Assoc Walk.
  • zichab
    Options

11/1 WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 total miles
    11/1 Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=5.6 total miles

• bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    11/01- 11/02

8 miles with Leslie today
    8 miles total with Leslie

8 miles outside
    8 miles total outside

16 miles total/ goal 150

• zichab
    Options

11/2 Just Walk-10 minute Walk Blaster + Tone Every Zone -Upper Body Circuit=1.7 miles=7.3 total miles

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    VCanadapt wrote: »
    I am following Leslie's 21 day challenge. Not sure how many total miles she has in mind ( get assignment every 3 days) but im going to set my goal for the month @ 50 miles

I'm also attempting that. :)
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I missed day one of the challenge but just got my 2 miles in with Leslies Walk 2 miles! It was basically for beginners so I had to spice it up a bit. Does anyone have any opinions about the youtube videos? I did the fast 3 miles and that was FUN! I had trouble getting videos to load on the WAH site, so thought about youtubing it. Any suggestion?
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    Considering that I just made it in October and November is term paper grading month, I am going to back it off to 3.5 miles a day or 105 total miles for the month. I am also in a 6 week plateau :grumble: so I am going to focus on the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels this month, which will no doubt cut down on my miles since she might just kill me!

HOLY Smoke! I think it should be called the 30 Day Dread. But Girl, if you are up to it, I say go for it. You sure knocked down those miles last month. Great work! I know you will bust through that plateau. :)

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    5/50

Hello November Walkers! :)

Walk Strong!!
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    VCanadapt wrote: »
    I am following Leslie's 21 day challenge. Not sure how many total miles she has in mind ( get assignment every 3 days) but im going to set my goal for the month @ 50 miles

I'm also attempting that. :)

I'm following the 21 day challenge as well! I like that Leslie encouraged people to walk anywhere they could, not just her videos. (even though that is what I use most often). I'm setting my goal at 50 but I have a feeling the challenge may cover that many miles. :)
    5/50
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    11/2
    outside walking 6miles walking with leslie 2
    It was a beautiful day today so I took advantage of it. :)
    11.5/100
  • zichab
    Options

11/2 Just Walk-10 minute Walk Blaster + Tone Every Zone -Upper Body Circuit=1.7 miles=7.3 total miles
    11/2 Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=9.3 total miles

• VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    I missed day one of the challenge but just got my 2 miles in with Leslies Walk 2 miles! It was basically for beginners so I had to spice it up a bit. Does anyone have any opinions about the youtube videos? I did the fast 3 miles and that was FUN! I had trouble getting videos to load on the WAH site, so thought about youtubing it. Any suggestion?

@coopscoopc;34474758 - I went straight to Youtube and found the 3 or 4 full videos she had on her "Channel"
    I did the fast 3 miles on Sunday - didn't use the hand weights but still got the miles/steps. I may continue on Youtube just for something new & challenging that I don't have in my collection or back to my tried and true Leslie DVDs.

3/50 so far...

Sunday = 3 miles
    Monday = 0 miles (didn't get my 2 miles in :# )

Happy Walking Everybody!!