Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    9/50
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    17/56 I went golfing this afternoon even while having my grandson. We have 70 degree weather and a beautiful sunny day. My husband and I had a blast with my 4 year old grandson. He teed off at every hole and putted his ball each hole. Lots of fun.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    17/56 I went golfing this afternoon even while having my grandson. We have 70 degree weather and a beautiful sunny day. My husband and I had a blast with my 4 year old grandson. He teed off at every hole and putted his ball each hole. Lots of fun.

Awww, I bet that was fun PinkyPan. Glad someone is getting sun, we've had rain or overcast skies for days.

• coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I just did 3 fast miles again on the WAH website. It was fun and I really do like it. I wish the cues were a little better, but I was able to keep up! YAY!

Monday: 0
    Tuesday: 2
    Wednesday: 3

Keep on walking!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I walked a little over an hour in a new to me neighborhood in the area while my brother was at PT. It was cloudy so it was cooler this morning a little while longer, which made it pleasant and enjoyable. :flowerforyou:
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Goal-3.5 miles/day or 105 total

11/1 WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 total miles
    11/1 Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=5.6 total miles
    11/2 Just Walk-10 minute Walk Blaster + Tone Every Zone -Upper Body Circuit=1.7 miles=7.3 total miles
    11/2 Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=9.3 total miles
    11/3 Vivofit tracked 4.3 miles=13.6 total miles

texasgardnr I think I can speak for all of us and say, "It is so good to see you back to walking!" :grin: We have missed you! I hope your brother is still making steady progress and you are finally able to find a little time to focus on you. I'll bet that walk felt absolutely glorious. :sunglasses:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    coopscoopc wrote: »
    I just did 3 fast miles again on the WAH website. It was fun and I really do like it. I wish the cues were a little better, but I was able to keep up! YAY!

Keep on walking!

I have seem to have lost a day this week. lol Mon: 2 miles; Tues: 3 miles... and tonight I go for the 4 mile walk!!! Tonight I have made a 7:00 pm appointment to do the 4 miles plus arms! Wish me luck because this will be the longest I have walked since I blew my L5/S1 disc out. I didn't even stop through the 3 miles yesterday... I normally have to take short breaks to cat stretch my spine out but then keep going.... I walked all they way through last night!

I haven't seen the scale budge. In fact it is going the other way??????? :s Now to get up in the morning to get my walks in... Keep on Walking!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I walked a little over an hour in a new to me neighborhood in the area while my brother was at PT. It was cloudy so it was cooler this morning a little while longer, which made it pleasant and enjoyable. :flowerforyou:

What a great way to not only get some walking done but to decompress for a little while. Good to see you on here my friend. :)

• PinkyPan1
    Options

Keep on walking!

I have seem to have lost a day this week. lol Mon: 2 miles; Tues: 3 miles... and tonight I go for the 4 mile walk!!! Tonight I have made a 7:00 pm appointment to do the 4 miles plus arms! Wish me luck because this will be the longest I have walked since I blew my L5/S1 disc out. I didn't even stop through the 3 miles yesterday... I normally have to take short breaks to cat stretch my spine out but then keep going.... I walked all they way through last night!

I haven't seen the scale budge. In fact it is going the other way??????? :s Now to get up in the morning to get my walks in... Keep on Walking!

Healing hugs to you. I have a bad back too so I quite understand your pain. I have found with walking it has helped strengthen my back and help manage my pain. Sitting is still difficult.
  • AnnofB
    edited November 2015
    Options
    11/50

Good workout!
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    11/03

3 miles with Leslie today
    11 miles total with Leslie

4 miles outside
    12 miles total outside

23 miles total/ goal 150

good to see so many walking! I need to try and focus on my eating habits again. I am really good at the walking but need to get better at measuring my foods and logging them, I slacked off for a while.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    I have funny story to share. I was Kroger with my grandson and while waiting in the checkout line I started just doing small side steps. This is a habit I have developed since finding Leslie Sansone. LOL Most of the time I am not even aware that I am doing it...it is like a nervous habit anymore...I can not stand still. All of a sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder and there is a lady smiling at me and she whispers....."you must be a Leslie Walker...huh?" I laughed, nodded and come to find out that she does this too. She said her friends and family tease her for it and I told her that I get teased too. What a small world.

Do any of you walkers have this habit since walking with Leslie? I even do this while golfing and waiting my turn.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Thank you zichab, PinkyPan, and Ann for your encouragement <3 , it is good to be back and to see everyone walking such awesome mileage.

My brother is into a new phase of his healing and recovery, he is getting closer to getting back to work and into his apartment. He is finished with surgeries and procedures for the foreseeable future and finishing up his therapies as allowed by insurance. We are still doing exercises at home and working on his apartment, and also getting him used to taking care of himself again like making his own meals etc. He is a real trooper and working hard at getting as much range of motion as possible in his shoulder and being more mobile walking with a cane, and increasingly independent.

I do therapy walks with him which are slow, so I need to get back to my own walking and taking care of my self again. I lost track of myself. I have about 10 pounds to loose again (way too much stress eating :s) , and need to get back my own strength and stamina again. And need to get rid of the stuff that landed in my room where I exercise when I had to make room for both my brother and for some of my kids when they came for out of town visits. So I have my work cut out for me this month.

I walked another hour this morning in my neighborhood!

So far this month: 120 minutes outdoors.

Goal for now: get back to goal weight and walk, walk, walk B)

Hugs :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    19/56 I completed the 2 Mile Walk This Way this evening.
  • zichab
    Options

11/2 Just Walk-10 minute Walk Blaster + Tone Every Zone -Upper Body Circuit=1.7 miles=7.3 total miles
    11/4 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper and Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles=15.1 total miles

bandit You will get the eating back under control. It is hard when you get hit with something like your Da's stroke. Old habits sneak back in. I am also working on losing some that I gained over the summer and they are not budging! :grumble:

texasgardnr How exciting for your brother to be done with surgeries and ever closer to independence again! I do not even know him and I am excited for him! :blush: Don't worry about a few stress pounds as they will fall off of you in terror if you keep up those hour long walks! :sweat_smile:

PinkyThat is hysterical! I do not do the side step, but I walk at that 4 mile pace all the time without even realizing it. When I walk across campus with other faculty members they get winded trying to keep up with me. I am constantly being told to "Slow Down!" :laugh: What can I say? My brain is now Leslie wired to 4 MPH!

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    For today 3 outdoor miles 2 leslie miles
    totals=20.5/100
  • zichab
    Options

11/4 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper and Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles=15.1 total miles
    11/4 Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles=16.8 total miles

• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Great to see you back!!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    My goal for November is 120 miles - 15 over 10,000 steps - get back on mini trampoline or use my walking DVD's. It is dark when I leave home at 5:30 a.m. and it is dark when I get home from work at 6:30 p.m. Curling starts on Nov 11/12th and I am pretty sure my muscles are not ready!!

Nov 1 - 4 miles
    Nov 2 - 3 miles
    Nov 3 - 3 miles
    Nov 4 - 2.5 miles

It is so good to read about everyone's accomplishments, it is encouraging to me. We all have struggles, learning how other people deal with theirs helps me to deal with mine.

Off work for 4 days - so hoping to get outside and get some walking in - and put my perennials to bed. Amazing weather here - +2 C today - and no snow yet. Could almost go golfing PinkPan if all the courses weren't closed :)

Thank you everyone!!
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    25/56 My daughter in law and I golfed 18 holes this morning and walked 6 miles. I hope to get in a Leslie walk this afternoon.