• LaDominadora
    LaDominadora Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @Keke I hope u can read this
  • LaDominadora
    LaDominadora Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    @KeKeSmith92 Here ya go keish! Is only the fifth of the month. How many miles you gonna do ?! And how often?? I'm thinking 4 miles Monday to Friday. And then 6 miles on the weekend. This will be a fun challenge.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    :) 13/50 :)

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    bandit, I am sorry to learn that your Dad had a stroke. I scrolled back and read that you are driving him to all his therapies. I totally understand how exhausting that can be and how the old habits creep back in during times of acute stress, then especially when the time extends to become longer term. Having been care taker and driver and many other things for brother who also does not drive I have compassion and also admiration for you. I pray that your Dad continues to do well, and that you can stay strong, dear one.

zichab, thanks for the confidence in my getting off the pounds, which are more than a 'few'. My brother was injured in January and I've gained almost a pound a month :o . I only finally just got on the scale this week to see the damage. I had been scared to, but finally knowing was good b/c it was less than I thought but much more than I ever should have allowed.
    Well we can do it again.... right?? Of course. Yours will come off also o:) We all can do this now/again :flowerforyou:

Thanks Lilymay2, I'm glad to be back. I have missed being here and all my walking friends. I'm not sure how I'm going to make this happen this month, but somehow I must.

Pinky, I don't think that I do sidesteps while waiting or standing around, but I do find myself doing them at random times when I am walking and the area I am passing through just seems to beg for sidestepping it rather than continuing on in a forward motion. I taught my brother to use sidesteps when he does his therapy walks both indoors as well as outdoors. He and I giggle over them as we side step around mailboxes etc. We also do high stepping sidesteps during our walks. I learned that from one of his PT therapists.

I walked 1.5 hours this morning in my neighborhood

So far this month: 210 minutes outdoors.

Here's to sidestepping,

:flowerforyou:
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    @PinkyPan1 Thanks! It has been a rough time just being able to walk. I have really listened to my PT and I still do my exercises... I just feel so empowered right now with these walk at home dvds.

I got a 5 mile walk in today an just logged 11,609 steps! Whoo hOOOOOO! I am up to 17 miles this week. I tried to talk myself out of it, then I remember that Blaze Pizza I had today... and I just had to get the drizzle of bbq sauce. =) good bye to those calories. YaY!
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Here is to sidestepping !!! I do mine while standing at the photocopier at work....

Coopscoopc - awesome stepping today!!

My goal for November is 120 miles - 15 over 10,000 steps - get back on mini trampoline or use my walking DVD's.

Nov 1 - 4 miles
    Nov 2 - 3 miles
    Nov 3 - 3 miles
    Nov 4 - 2.5 miles
    Nov 5 - 4.5 miles - 10019 steps YEAH!!! (1/15) and 10 mins. on trampoline

Off to a massage this morning - hopefully she gets my neck and shoulder loosened up ....
    And then DH wants to go shopping ... I am not going to write the day off yet - feeling hopeful.

Will need to watch the eating though!!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Goal-3.5 miles/day or 105 total

11/1 WAH-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=4 total miles
    11/1 Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=5.6 total miles
    11/2 Just Walk-10 minute Walk Blaster + Tone Every Zone -Upper Body Circuit=1.7 miles=7.3 total miles
    11/2 Vivofit tracked 2.0 miles=9.3 total miles
    11/3 Vivofit tracked 4.3 miles=13.6 total miles
    11/4 Just Walk-Tone Every Zone-Upper and Lower Body Circuits-1.5 miles=15.1 total miles
    11/4 Vivofit tracked 1.7 miles=16.8 total miles
    11/5 Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles (whew!)=20.4 total miles

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    31/56 I completed the 2 Mile Walk This Way twice this morning. I also just found on Leslie's website her 12 minute Pilates workout. Wow what a great ab workout. I do the firming and toning that follows her Silver Walk a few times a week but this one is better in my opinion. The flutter kick on the stomach is hard but effective.
  • texasgardnr
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Coopscoopc that is so awesome that you are continuing with the exercises that your PT therapist taught you. 11,609 steps is incredible... you go girl :)

Lilymay2 enjoy that massage and the day out with your DH.

PinkyPan Leslie has a: Walk at Home - 3 Mile Slim & Sleek Walk Plus Pilates old DVD out. You might find it on Ebay or in the library. It might show up on YouTube perhaps. The walk is Pilates focused and she talks about Pilates and its principles during the walk and it has a floor session afterwards which might be the one you found.

Today I did a 1 hour neighborhood walk. Much cooler this morning and breezy! Lovely way to start my morning.

So far this month: total of 270 minutes outdoors. (4th day of walking)

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    Options
    >:) 17/50 o:)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    4outdoor 3 leslie
    34.5/100
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    My goal for November is 120 miles - 15 over 10,000 steps - get back on mini trampoline or use my walking DVD's.

Nov 1 - 4 miles
    Nov 2 - 3 miles
    Nov 3 - 3 miles
    Nov 4 - 2.5 miles
    Nov 5 - 4.5 miles - 10019 steps YEAH!!! (1/15) and 10 mins. on trampoline
    Nov 6 - 4.1 miles - lots of in and out of stores and trying out mattresses.

Yup then home and of course we had to take out old bed - vacuum - wash sheets - move the old bed downstairs - set up the new bed - vacuum the whole house because the grandkids are coming Saturday afternoon...... I am tired.... and not sure if the massage did any good at all..... neck and shoulders hurting....

I sure hope the grandkids come with coats, toques, boots and mittens....because I need to get outside!!! It is supposed to be +8 this afternoon and sunshine. And for us that is a heat wave for this time of the year.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well it's not just you pinky I didn't realize but I too do the leslie side step til my boss told me to stop doing the potty dance and just go.LOL
  • Lilymay2
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Well it's not just you pinky I didn't realize but I too do the leslie side step til my boss told me to stop doing the potty dance and just go.LOL

ha ha ha ...!!!! I never thought of it as a potty dance... That is soooo funny!!!

• PinkyPan1
    Options

My husband calls it the potty dance too! Oh my goodness. I am not even aware I am doing it most of the time.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    39/56 I walked a little over 8 miles this morning while golfing.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »

ha ha ha ...!!!! I never thought of it as a potty dance... That is soooo funny!!!

Now, THAT is too funny
  • texasgardnr
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lilymay you burned some awesome calories yesterday! Hope that you had a great sleep last night

I walked an hour this morning after the rain stopped. The temperature dropped into the 60's and windy, while threatening to rain again any minute.

So far this month: total of 330 minutes outdoors. (5th day of walking).