Bear crawl all tied up with bands
    Push-ups against resistance
    Inverted body weight rows
    Cable rows - wide, pronated grip
    OHS with a band
    Front squats 65# only
    Barbell rows
    Lots of very difficult plank variations

Then a couple of hours later I went to the bouldering gym with some friends and tore my hands up. Flashed a roof problem tho which made me very happy. Also when you top out there is a slide to the bottom! I am such a child.
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I took a few too many days off...Halloween plus several photo shoots messed up my gym schedule.

Squat 125lbs - 4/4/3...it seems like every time I add 5 pounds to the bar I end up having to deload :(
    Bench 82.5lbs - 5x5
    T-Bar Row 110lbs - 4/5/5/5/5
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Squat 145 lbs 5x5 - this felt incredibly heavy and I was getting some cardio in on this one! I also tried the grip that Rippetoe teaches (and the trainer showed me). Kind of ambivalent about it, but I think that I like my hands a little narrower and I do like to actually grip the bar lightly instead of just brace it with the heel of the palm.

Bench mmm
    105 x2 reps on the first set then failed altogether on the second set. I went to 100 for sets 3-5 and got 5/3/5. I'm staying at 100 lbs until there's power behind all of them. I had to try, right? ;)

Row 105 5x5 - still working on engaging the right muscles. I feel like I'm using my arms more than my back. The weight was fine.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Just home from the gym....

SQ 5x5 37.5KG
    OP 2X5 @20KG to work on form, then 5x5 @25KG. Very pleased with this.
    DL 2X5@50KG loving the feeling of adding bigger weights.

Then 2x8 split squats with 25KG bb, press ups and some abs work on the mat.

Am feeling it already.....
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed tonight.

Squats: 5x5 @ 62kg - felt good with these, though I worry about 'butt wink' at one point. Working on opening my chest and taking a deeper breath seemed to help.
    Bench - 5x5 @ 28kg I did this in an incline bench with two 14 kg DBs today. Oooft. Every time I started a set there would be a moment when the dumbbells would wibble-wobble and threaten not to move - but then I *made* them move, with my mind as much as my arms! I was surprised I made all five sets.
    Row- 5x5 @ 28kg Again, I used DBs today, I just felt like it. I could probably have done managed 16kg dumbbells, but they were being used and this seemed hard enough for now...

Some reverse pull ups and it was time to dash home for dinner!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post yesterday. Here is my workout.

Squats: 5x6 @135lbs. Did fine with these. Will stay at this weight as I start to run more.
    OP: 5x5 @ 55 lbs. I don't get how this was a struggle this week when I've been doing fine at this weight before.
    DL: 1x5 @ 185lbs. I managed 5 but barely. This is some heavy weight. Will stay on next time.
    Cardio: ran 2.5 miles.

Today: Rest Day.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    Then a couple of hours later I went to the bouldering gym with some friends and tore my hands up. Flashed a roof problem tho which made me very happy. Also when you top out there is a slide to the bottom! I am such a child.
    You have a slide??? So jealous. I have to back climb cuz I am too chicken to drop from the top of the wall :p
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Today...

Squat: 60kg - 5x5
    Bench: 4/3/3/3/3
    Row: 40kg - 5x5

Tomorrow...

Vinyasa
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Ariadnula wrote: »
    Every time I started a set there would be a moment when the dumbbells would wibble-wobble and threaten not to move - but then I *made* them move, with my mind as much as my arms!

The Force is strong with you.

Sorry, totally had a Star Wars flashback. And, that feeling is very satisfying, isn't it? Talk about compound exercise!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »
    Talk about compound exercise!

and guts. one of the things i like about my trainer guy is he recognizes when the right thing to say is 'good battle' and he knows how to say it without sounding condescending either.

and on that note. i did my lifts in this order today:

bench 2x5@45, 1x5@55, 1x3@65, 1x2@70, 5x5@75. these weren't easy, because i've got some muscle tightness/restrictions that has been making solid form hard to find. but i found it, and i made myself hold to it . . . and 75 was not actually all that hard, even though i failed all the way trying to press 77.5 just a few days ago. so yay me. i do feel like i retrieved some of the form elements that have been so badly lacking lately, and my strength took a big jump.

squat: 2x5@45, 1x5@55, 1x5@65, 1x3@75, 1x2@85, 5x5@95. YAY 25-lb plates yay !!!! \o/ it actually got easier and i felt like my form kept improving as i added the weights. i had to get a bit stern with myself not to let the 25lb plates psych me out and make me doubt myself, but honestly i think it went pretty well. there's definitely guts in them thar glutes now.

deadlift 135, so another yay for the big girl plates. i kind of didn't track my warmup reps carefully. but i started out with 5@65, and then did 90, 115, and probably 125 as well for warmup. at work weight i did 2x3 instead of the 1x5 because something didnt' quite feel on point in my form and i didn't want to push it. but then after the second set i added another 5 pounds and did two more reps, just to be able to say for fact that i pulled more than my own weight today.

skipped front squats and the chins, but i did put in quite a bit of lat pulldown work and also do a plank that i held for however long it took for my abs to feel it.
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Bench 1x11 100lbs (warm up 50/60/75/80/90) - These were to failure. I had a spot (yay!) and I just completely zoned out and just benched my heart out. In my head I did 9, but turned out to be 11, yay!

Dips

Dumbbell Rows 3x10 35lbs

Shrugs 2x10 100lbs
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Back in the saddle...

Deload since I have only lifted once in the last two week, and only a few times in the last couple months.

Squat - 3x5 at 115 lbs
    Bench - 3x5 at 70 lbs
    Row - 3x5 at 75 lbs

Barbell shrugs - 3x8 at 65 lbs
    Hip thrust - 3x10 at 110 lbs
    Pull ups - 4,3,3
    Skullcrushers - 3x8 at 35 lbs
    Barbell curls - 3x8 at 40 lbs
    Hyperextensions - 3x10 with 25 lbs
    Cable crunches - 3x10 at 53 lbs

Overall, things felt challenging but not impossible. Form felt good. A little wobbly bar path on a couple squats, but that was lack of concentration. I need to work on my skull crushers. I am getting a bit of elbow discomfort. I am going to lower the weight and use the EZ curl next time. I have been avoiding it because I don't know how much the bar weighs, so I couldn't log the exercise accurately. I think I will just guess at 20 lbs and add weight from there.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »
    andylllI wrote: »
    You have a slide??? So jealous. I have to back climb cuz I am too chicken to drop from the top of the wall :p

Oh I downclimb too because nobody needs to unnecessarily roll an ankle. 1/3 of the routes have a top out finish with slide, 1/6 have a top out finish with a downclimb and the rest just end at the lip. I am mad about my flapper tho - will see if it hurts me tonight lifting.

I'm about to start my cold dark am bike commute. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Today:
    Squat: 2x5x45, 1x3x75, 5x5x120
    Bench: 2x5x45, 5x5x75
    Row: 5x5x75

Squats were too hard, I think Friday I'll repeat this weight. My form was slipping a lot towards the end and long rests are required. I'm ok with it, though, I feel like when I get to a spot like this I need to keep working it until I feel solid on it. So maybe a week at 120 is in order.

Tomorrow may be a cardio day (as planned) or a rest day depending on the forecast. I won't be running, though, my foot (arch/heel) are just not having it with the PF. I need to bike or do yoga I think if anything.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Today's workout:

Squats: 5x5 @ 140 lbs. Easy peezy. Yeah I decided to go up 5 lbs. just because.
    Bench 5x5 @ 95 lbs. I'm almost dropped the barbell on me. I gotta be careful because these were heavy but I finished my reps.
    Row: 5x5@ 95 lbs. Yikes. Not great form and could barely lift all the way so I'll be staying at this weight for a while.

Misc. Exercises:
    Romanian deadlifts: 3x12 @ 40 lbs. I feel like I haven't done any hamstring work and my gym instructor recommended that I do these. I can definitely feel them already. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
    Cardio: 3 mile intervals.

Tomorrow is a rest day. :smiley:
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Was short on time so I modified to superset:

A:
    Squat 95# 3x5. These are a struggle if I do them properly without doing a squat-morning
    Incline bench press with dumbells 30#, 3x6

B:
    Wide band rows
    Deadlift. Worked up to 145# 1x5

C:
    Pull ups BW 2-3-3
    Hip thrusts 145# 3x6

Abs

Must either be getting sick or still really tired from Monday.
    Also did one legged squats on a box. *kitten* those are hard.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm a little over a month into stronglifts and thought I'd join the forums :smile:

I started my workouts in the morning (3 am blaaah) instead of the afternoon this week.

This morning was:
    5×5 squats 120 lbs
    5 4 4 3 5 ohp 70lbs. It felt heavy but my form was good so next week I think I'll finish the set.
    2x5 deadlifts 155lbs. These felt really good. Can't wait until friday!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    okay, i'm going to report my rest-day goal for this month in here, just to keep myself honest with it.

so:

today was a rest day. i did 100 bodyweight squats, spread out throughout the day.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I had my first workout in the new gym tonight and even though I didn't do full workout out was pretty neat.
    Worked both bench and front squat in rack which was a first.
    Bench 3x8 @ 30kg
    Front squat 3x8 @ 25kg
    Db bench fly 8kg 3x10
    looking forward to my next session :smile:
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Was sick yesterday so this is yesterday's workout A:

Squat warm up: 1x5 20kg, 1x5 30kg
    Squat: 5x5 45kg
    Bench warm up 1x5 20kg
    Bench: 5x5 32.5kg
    Pendlay rows warm up 1x5 30kg
    Pendlay rows: 5x5 40kg

Squat - switched back to high bar, high bar feels natural to me, and I prefer keeping more upright. If/when this becomes a problem I'll reconsider and maybe switch it up.

Bench - this was ok. I repositioned the safeties after the second set so I wasn't feeling that confident, but actually they all got up fine. My wrists kinda hurt though, so something isn't right

Rows - Argh, these were shoddy. I think it's because I'm still getting over being ill, I'm redoing these next time.