Fireworks! November workouts going off like a rocket

Options

Replies

• andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I rode on my bike trainer in the garage for 67 minutes. And while I did that I watched some very embarrassing tv. Come on legs! Grow some mitochondria already!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Back from the gym....was a weary one but I did my thing and very glad I persevered.

SQ 5X5 @ 42.5KG
    OP 3/4/3/2/0 @27.5KG clearly work to do here. Will try this weight again next time before deloading. I also did 5x empty Olympic bar plus some 8KG dumbell shoulder presses to ensure I didn't go away too disappointed.
    DL 1x5@55KG

Plus some extras. Got back in the changing rooms and couldn't remember what I was supposed to do next haha!

It's my birthday weekend so that's it for exercise for a couple of days....and no guilt about food and drink either!!

Happy weekend everyone :smiley:
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »

It's my birthday weekend so that's it for exercise for a couple of days....and no guilt about food and drink either!!

Happy birthday!

• ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

Plus some extras. Got back in the changing rooms and couldn't remember what I was supposed to do next haha!

Glad I'm not the only one who blanks out ;)

Happy birthday and have a fun weekend!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great time celebrating!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    This is my rest day. I did 20 minutes of kettle bell swings. 10 lb one arm swings.
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Debated this one for a while this morning, but I'd already had my preworkout and eh, it's not like I'm feverish or anything.

Started with 6 mins of elliptical. And the minute I got ever so slightly out of breath it became terrible. Like near-impossible to breathe. But my hamstrings needed some active bloodflow so I stuck it out.

Incline Bench (I can't even remember the last time I did this one!)
    45x8
    65x5
    75x12
    85x12
    90x10
    70x7/7/7 close grip/medium grip/wide grip

I sprinkled bodyweight squats, lunges, good mornings and band pull-aparts in between the sets of bench to loosen up my lower body some more

Machine pull-ups (weight is assist)
    120x10 wide grip
    100x6/2 normal grip
    100x6/3 chin up
    110x8/2 parallel grip
    10 dips with 110 assist (which were relatively easy)

Superset of
    cable flyes
    5x12, 10x10,. 10x15
    cable reverse flyes
    5x12, 5x10, 5x9

seated Db shoulder press
    15x12
    20x15
    20x12
    22.5x13

1 arm Db row
    20x15
    40x12
    40x12
    45x10

Had a conditoning finisher planned, but seeing as I can't breath, I decided to skip it. I hope this stupid cold clears up soon. Scheduling an additional deload workout (dynamic effort & vanity work, perhaps?) in order to make sure I'm 100% when I get back to regular schedule :/
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Front squats 45# 1x10, 65# 1x8
    Back squats 95# 1x5, 120 2x5, 115 1x5
    Rows 50# dumbell. 4x8
    OHP seated 65# 3-4-4
    Chin ups BW 3-4-3-2
    SL deadlifts 30# 3x8
    Hanging leg raises, plank rows, deadbugs
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great time celebrating!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It is tomorrow but several of my friends have birthdays this week so it generally ends up quite a busy few days.

Really good so far and I am very pleased I worked out so hard yesterday.... As I certainly won't be going near a gym today!!
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely relaxed time this afternoon - no rush to get home, and the gym was pretty empty. There was a storm outside the windows but it was warm and calm inside.

Squats: 5x5 @ 63kg
    Bench: 5x5 @ 35kg - in the squat rack this time
    rows 5x5 @ 16kg dumbells

Then pull ups, some kettlebells swings, snatches and very-out-of-practice turkish gets ups.

Crunches, then some stretching and foam rolling. Now home and waiting for the big pot of chilli that's being made!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Great day to workout and get some painting done!

Squats - 5x65/70/75/80/85/90/95/100/105, 5x5x110
    Sumo Squats - 5x5x95
    OHP - 5x45, 5x50, 5x5x55
    DL - 1x5x140

OHP are very difficult! I am trying to get better form.
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Saturday's workout was technically this morning since I went after my night shift. Still on deload.

Squat - 3x5 at 120 lbs. Good. A couple wobbles, but more lack of focus than breaking down form due to weight.
    Pull ups - 4,4,3
    OHP - 3x5 at 55 lbs. Working on that shelf thing. I can start ok, but lose it for later reps.
    DL - 1x5 at 165. OK. Took a couple breaths between each rep, but form felt solid. Didn't even need chalk. I was going to go up 10 lbs next time, but I think I will stick with 5 to make sure my form stays good.
    Rows - 3x5 at 75 lbs - good
    Close grip BP - 3x8 at 60 lbs. I couldn't find the fixed barbell, so I used an Olympic. The added length made this a bit trickier, but it was good.
    Barbell curl - 10,10,8 at 40 lbs.
    Cable crunches - 3x10 at 55ish lbs - had to use a double pulley cable machine. I usually use single, so I doubled the weight and it felt about right.

Skipped hip thrusts because I was tired and the gym was getting busy.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i went at sunday rush hour, which means no bench press because . . . well. no benches.

squat 100lb yay. but not yet a full-on loud yay, because my guess is i have at least 2 more workouts ahead of me at this weight to get my form tightened up. i'll progress to 105 AFTER that's done. still, one of the things i've begun using to measure how well i did with a lift is consistency from rep 1 through to rep 25. and this one was good - whatever needs work in my form wasn't getting worse and worse as i went on. so to me that feels like a good sign of latent strength if not of anything else.

deadlift 140. i was tired today though, and these were quite hard.

rows: 5x5@70.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Back to it this lunchtime - over whatever illness from last week so I was hoping for good things

Squat warm up: 2x5 20kg, 1x5 (was supposed to be 1x3 but apparently I can't count) 37.5kg
    Squat: 5x5 47.5kg
    OHP warm up: 1x3 20kg
    OHP: 5x5 27.5kg
    DL warm up: 1x5 40kg, 1x5 50kg
    DL: 1x5 65kg

My left knee threated to cave in on some of my squats, so I definitely need to watch out for that. Otherwise they were ok, I think I need to rebound more out of the hole, sometimes I pause there because I'm checking my knees/depth and that's making it harder on myself.

OHP - haha screw you OHP, I finally made 5x5 on 27.5kg. Gonna give 30kg a go next time, but I found 2 0.5kg plates at the gym so if that is a complete disaster I'll go to 28.5 kg instead

DL - Love. Felt heavy, felt good. Still managing with double overhand grip.

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Dynamic effort day because I'm still a sniffly mess. Everything moved smoothly today, obviously. Although I have to pay attention to not let the bar bounce off my back on those squats, it kinda hurts when I catch it! lol

Squats EMOTMx8
    125lbs x 2 reps

Deadlift Every 45s x 8
    175lbs x 1 rep

OHP Every 45s x 6
    65lbs x 3

Pendlay Row Every 30s x 6
    85lbs x 3

Then did a little vanity work because biceps. Right? lol

supersets
    - Close grip decline bench press 45x8, 65x12, 75x12, 85x12
    - Barbell Curl 20x8, 30x12, 40x12, 40x12

DB lateral raises
    10x15, 12.5x12, 15x10, 10x10

- Rope triceps pushdown 45x20, 35x16, 25x12, 15x20
    - Rope cable hammer curls 45x15, 35x12, 25x10, 15x15

No rest between these last 2 exercises aside from moving the pulley and adjusting the stack. Such burn, much pump, superman! (I was wearig that shirt today! lol). I kid you not, I had a camel lump on my arm and my sleeves felt tight! xD It was hard to reach my back in the shower! Haha it's a good thing I don,t do this often >_>
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    @canadianlbs when is Sunday rush hour at your gym? I love going in Sundays because no matter what time I go it is practically empty...

Yesterday my workout was:

Squat 3x5 115lbs
    Bench 5/5/4/4/3 85lbs
    Tbar rows 5x5 115lbs
    Weighted glute bridges 3x5 210lbs
    And I threw in a few pull-ups.

Resting today. Can't wait for my new running shoes to get here on Thursday so I can get back on the road :)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Rest day today! I did 20 minutes of kettle bell swings. Single arm with a 10 pound weight. I will be going into the city's on Thursday and will hopefully be able to find kettle bells of higher weight. Right now I am really doing it to get my metabolism revved up in the morning.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Time got away from me, I forgot to check in on Friday. I did my lifts and MAN were they heavy. I had to take long breaks between all of them!
    Squats: 2x5x45, 1x3x85, 5x5x125
    OHP: 2x5x45, 5x5x80 (barely made it)
    Dead: 1x5x130

Today - incline treadmill walk for 30 min - tomorrow it's lifting. I'm nervous about the weight. I also have to get up earlier so I have time for the longer breaks between each set.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Deena_Bean wrote: »
    Time got away from me, I forgot to check in on Friday. I did my lifts and MAN were they heavy. I had to take long breaks between all of them!
    Squats: 2x5x45, 1x3x85, 5x5x125
    OHP: 2x5x45, 5x5x80 (barely made it)
    Dead: 1x5x130

Today - incline treadmill walk for 30 min - tomorrow it's lifting. I'm nervous about the weight. I also have to get up earlier so I have time for the longer breaks between each set.

I find this inspiring! I think I hurt myself lifting 5x3 70 on Friday, LOL.

Yoga today. Worked out some kinks I had over the weekend.
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Session last night managed it all by myself in new gym. Have to go in after 6pm when rush of young blokes have gone.
    Squats 20 db 3x8 as I couldn't get near the rack
    Incline bench 10kg this is new to me
    SL leg press 20kg heaviest so far
    Bench 30kg still trying to get head around using rack it's a coordination thing
    Lat pull down 33 +kg
    OH press 10 db
    Preacher curl 10kg on bar not as heavy as I have been but it was burning
    Triceps pulldown only 15kg

Think there is a difference between the machines I've been on in past and these new ones as these weights seem alot heavier.
    Might try 5x5 tonight, still trying to find some of the machines for legs.