Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I ran track for several years and ran anywhere from about 25-miles to 60-miles a week from age 17 to about age 33 (most of that time anyways). Some people it can bother but I don't think there is long term damage unless you overdo it (the level of overdoing it are different for everyone). I used to love running but had lots of allergies and eventually got out of shape and quite running for a long time. Now that I've lost weight, I'm trying to get back into it and with the exception of being a little sick this week, it has been going great. It isn't for everyone though. Biking and swimming and walking are all real good too. Some weights are important also.

WOW!!!!!!! Running 25-60 miles when you was a youngin is super duper impressive. Even your running now is way cool too. I hope you will feel better and 100% soon. Like you said, it isn't for everyone, but I can tell you the folks I do see running, many of them look sooooo happy, yes it's hard, but many of them look like they absolutely love it.

I tried to do some biking, but alas...it was soooo hard for me, maybe when I get in better shape. Thanks for mentioning swimming, I used to LOVE to swim and haven't went swimming in years--once I get closer to my goal, I'm definitely going to try swimming again and maybe even biking too. The biking will be like running for me.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the exercise. I almost diet to exercise and not exercise to diet (lose weight). I like to be able to be strong and do things like hiking etc. While trying to lose weight though, the exercise will slow you down because you will eat more and you will gain some muscle. Now the % body fat might always be improving while you are working out, even if you are gaining weight if it is muscle weight, but it is harder to measure the progress even though you are gaining muscle, possibly gaining weight if your muscle gain is faster than your fat loss, and improving % body fat.
  • blambo61
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lost 1-lb this week. CW 209. SW 252. 43lbs down. Was sick from about last week Wed tell Tues this week. Was able to run 10-min on this Wed and ran 20 min today (2.2 miles for about a 9:05 min/mile pace). I was happy with the short run pace since I missed a few runs while being sick. I finally got below 210! That has been my barrier for a long time. 210 is the lowest I got about last April and then I did a 16:8 for about 4-months but still gained 11-lbs. I think I might have gained more fat than that and lost a little muscle to equal 11 lbs gained total because although I'm back to 210, I think I'm a little flabbier than the last time I was at 210. I didn't lift any weights during the 4-months (or for the last month either) so I'm sure I lost some muscle. I'v been really good for 4 weeks now and have done the fast for 6-days a week each week I think. Might have gotten down another lb this morning but gave in to a sugary cereal box last night (haven't done that for awhile). O well, that's ok, I'm still making progress. I think it was still a good week especially considering last Sunday morning I weighed 214 after my hunting trip (lots of food weight in me from Fri night and Sat hunting eating). Now to stay healthy and keep up the fasting and will be working on running also. Good luck all!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on the 1lb down, the super good news of 210 and the running 2.2 miles in 20 minutes is tremendous--way to go Bob!!!!!!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks OMADing1

I spoke a little too soon though. Today I'm down another 1-lb for 2-lbs down for the week. Fri night is pizza night at the house and Sat is my splurge day so I rarely have my lowest weekly weight after Friday morning but I did (even ate 3 or 4 pieces of pizza - lost count)! I've been doing the ACV this week and I think it may be helping. It seems that is the case. I will continue doing that (a little 3xday) and see.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Told ya...the ACV helps!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Told ya...the ACV helps!

How much of a difference do you think it makes? I'm usually losing 1-lb a week but did two this week. Seems significant. I didn't realize it could be that significant (assuming that was the cause). I will keep at it to see if it keeps working that way for me.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Told ya...the ACV helps!

How much of a difference do you think it makes? I'm usually losing 1-lb a week but did two this week. Seems significant. I didn't realize it could be that significant (assuming that was the cause). I will keep at it to see if it keeps working that way for me.

About a pound a week, seriously.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Told ya...the ACV helps!

This one week data point looks like a lb for the week with nothing else to account for it. I wish I would have been diligent doing that all the time. I've been doing this diet about 8 months (12 months on and off) and if I could have lost a lb a week more, I would be at my end goal. Well, I will start now and see if I can drop another 30 in 15 weeks or so.
  • OMADing1
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Told ya...the ACV helps!

This one week data point looks like a lb for the week with nothing else to account for it. I wish I would have been diligent doing that all the time. I've been doing this diet about 8 months (12 months on and off) and if I could have lost a lb a week more, I would be at my end goal. Well, I will start now and see if I can drop another 30 in 15 weeks or so.
    Thanks OMADing1

I spoke a little too soon though. Today I'm down another 1-lb for 2-lbs down for the week. Fri night is pizza night at the house and Sat is my splurge day so I rarely have my lowest weekly weight after Friday morning but I did (even ate 3 or 4 pieces of pizza - lost count)! I've been doing the ACV this week and I think it may be helping. It seems that is the case. I will continue doing that (a little 3xday) and see.

Man! I like those kind of mistakes--WAY to GO!!!! Seriously, that Braggs ACV (with the mother) is the business. I love having mine after/with my OMAD meal. I take it with a couple of tablespoons of ACV and with a couple of tablespoons or so of fresh lemon juice and a heavy shake of cayenne pepper with 8 oz of COLD water. At first, I "thought" it tasted terrible (or as my children say, "that's some powerful stuff"), but now...it's kinda like an acquired taste lemonade of sorts to me. I was drinking it with room temp. water, but since Joe threw down the gauntlet with the I-C-E C-O-L-D water challenge, I now drink it with really cold water and it really taste good now.

You're doing great Bob. I'm digging the 15 week goal, I know you'll make it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I ALWAYS drink my "tonic" with a straw, because I heard the ACV can take the enamel off of your teeth or something like that. So, you may want to drink yours with a straw too, to protect your teeth.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I detest vinegar mostly and I mix it with water and chug it and then chase it with another glass of water all while breathing through my mouth (no nose-breathing) after that I still may get a shudder after I start nose breathing! That is probably why I haven't done it as much as I should have. I do rinse the teeth with the chaser water to try to prevent any tooth issues. If I tried to drink it with a straw, that would not go down very well:). Thanks
  • OMADing1
    Options
    I detest vinegar mostly and I mix it with water and chug it and then chase it with another glass of water all while breathing through my mouth (no nose-breathing) after that I still may get a shudder after I start nose breathing! That is probably why I haven't done it as much as I should have. I do rinse the teeth with the chaser water to try to prevent any tooth issues. If I tried to drink it with a straw, that would not go down very well:). Thanks

:D It is detestable, that ACV is...but when you add lemon and cayenne, it makes it doubly detestable (much like liquor or beer is to me). But the results my tummy feels afterwards (the ACV tonic) and how it makes me feel, makes me pyche myself out into believing it's "good" now. Ya know, how we do with stuff that's an acquired taste. Actually, I still "chug" it--just with a straw. Also, my children are super picky about stuff, but since I've been giving it to them, whenever they aren't feeling up to snuff ( I add some honey in their's not mine), they actually ask for it now when they aren't feeling 100% (if their tummy or throat hurts)---go figure!
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ... Wait so you mix ACV with cayenne pepper and lemon? I saw a video on YouTube of an Asian lady mixing it with cinnamon.. Does it matter how it goes down as long as it goes down? Not sure if some ingredients has a negative effect on it? I'm about to drink my first concoction now... Wish me luck!... *as she plugs her nose and drinks.. Chugs...it***

Bobo
  • OMADing1
    edited August 2016
    Options
    ... Wait so you mix ACV with cayenne pepper and lemon? I saw a video on YouTube of an Asian lady mixing it with cinnamon.. Does it matter how it goes down as long as it goes down? Not sure if some ingredients has a negative effect on it? I'm about to drink my first concoction now... Wish me luck!... *as she plugs her nose and drinks.. Chugs...it***

Bobo

lol (lots of luck :wink: ) Yes, every night after my meal. I drink about 8 oz of water, about 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon or sometimes about half of a lemon), 2 tablespoons or so of Braggs ACV ( I ONLY drink the ACV with the mother in it...it's (the "mother") that weird floaty stuff inside the bottle--I don't drink regular ACV, because it's not organic and doesn't have the "mother" in it), and a HEAVY shake of cayenne pepper. I started drinking this when I begin my OMAD journal 60+ days ago. At first, it smelled and taste like the stuff NIGHTMARES are made of, but now, I'm used it (kinda sorta)...it's no big deal, but it's still "that STUFF packs a powerful punch" (that's what my son said when I first gave him some, not "that's some powerful stuff" that I said earlier. And packs a stinky powerful punch it does. It does something fabulous in my body, so I keep drinking it. I'll call it my after dinner "drank"--or sometimes I call it my "potion" or my "tonic"
  • OMADing1
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Oh you guys. I won't be evvah drinkin' any ah that.

It is rather :# , no bout a doubt it!
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just had some.. 2 tablespoons in a big sports bottle with ice water, 1 lime, lots of cinammon.. Drank it from a straw... It was ok... My brother came over and I'm like , 'yo u want juice'? He's like sure! .. Had a big gulp and almost puked.. I laughed straight for 5 minutes... Lol

Bobo
  • blambo61
    Options
    I just had some.. 2 tablespoons in a big sports bottle with ice water, 1 lime, lots of cinammon.. Drank it from a straw... It was ok... My brother came over and I'm like , 'yo u want juice'? He's like sure! .. Had a big gulp and almost puked.. I laughed straight for 5 minutes... Lol

Bobo

That's awesome! Gave me a good laugh.
  • OMADing1
    edited August 2016
    Options

Bobo

:D never had it with cinnamon or lime. My other crazy tonics I drink within an hour or so before bedtime is just as gross--with that I have cinnamon. It's a crazy blend of 8 oz of water, ceylon cinnamon ( I only use organic "ceylon" cinnamon, because I read that other cinnamon you get all over the place like regular grocery stores and such isn't really cinnamon and can be toxic...it's a derivative of cinnamon and will either say "cinnamon" or "saigon or cassia or again just cinnamon". Here's the difference:
    Is Your Cinnamon Real?
    http://www.foodrenegade.com/your-cinnamon-real/

Anyway, my other concoction I have every night BEFORE bedtime is:

8 oz of water
    1/2 teaspoon of organic Ceylon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon of Black Seed Oil
    1/2 teaspoon of 10% Manuka Honey

Now, if you think the ACV is awful, you aint seen/tasted nothing yet. This Black seed oil is the worse tasting stuff on the face of the earth. I've never tasted gasoline--but if I had, I KNOW Black Seed oil would taste just like gasoline or worse, but I'm telling you, it smells and tastes JUST LIKE GASOLINE--truly awful. But like the ACV, after drinking it so long, I've developed an "acquired taste for it. This potion does for me what ACV does, it's just tremendous how it make me feel and sleep! NO MORE THAN A TEASPOON THOUGH...YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!

7 Proven Black Seed Oil Benefits & Cures

https://draxe.com/black-seed-oil-benefits/

Black Seed Oil Uses/Benefits/Side-effects/Warnings/from WEB Md
    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-901-black seed.aspx?activeingredientid=901&activeingredientname=black seed
  • blambo61
    Options
    Just ran a 5k loop course. Pace was 9:52 min/mile. Total time was 30:35. Had some hills in it. I hit 1st mile in 8:30, 2nd in 9:40, and then bombed to about 11:13 pace for the last 1.1-miles (where all the up-hill was). I'm still getting over being sick for about 10 days (just started running a week ago) so I think that affected me some and the wind was blowing and I started sneezing and coughing about 30-min before the race due to that I believe.

Dang it! I thought I could break 30-min. O well, next time. I did go faster than last April when I ran this same course by about 50 seconds so that was good. The same group puts on a 5k each week for the next seven weeks so I have some more chances. The rest of the courses have a lot more hills though.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    I hope you'll be 100% soon Bob, also, what you did today is utterly amazing to me--even though it may not be super impressive to you, again, it super is to me! GOOD job B)