Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    WEEKLY REPORT

WEIGHT:
    Date........Weight (lbs)......Loss (lbs)
    09/01/17............211
    09/08/17............209................2
    09/15/17............208................1
    09/22/17............203................5
    09/29/17............201................2
    10/06/17............200................1
    10/13/17............199................1
    10/20/17............199................0
    10/27/17............198................1
    11/03/17............197................1
    11/10/17............196................1
    11/17/17............195................1
    11/24/17............197...............(2)
    12/01/17............196................1
    12/08/17............197...............(1)
    12/15/17............197................0

Have been basically in maint mode for awhile. I've been doing a 20:4 about twice a week last few weeks and a 16:8 on on most of the other days. I think I will just try to maintain below 200 for the rest of the year and then will give it a go to get lower. Running is still improving on days I do intervals.

Had a couple of days with some gout in my big toe. I haven't been drinking water like I should be lately and have missed some of my daily meds for that. Also I got dehydrated on a long hike last Saturday and that has all added up (chewed on a lot of elk too and that probably didn't help either). I got on top of it with some indomethicine and colchicine (spelling?) and nocked it out. I don't want or need to go down that path of having to deal with that for sure.

You can loose on eating anything but what we eat effects health and health effects weight loss so eat healthy!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You've been maintaining well and I'm going to try to lose a little more after the holidays too...Don't forget to drink lots if water :)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    When you IF, are you doing the LC lunch and then regular dinner, or do you have some OMAD days in there as well?
  • blambo61
    Options
    If I do a 16:8, I try to make it low carb but not always. I have been sprinkling the 16:8s with a couple of OMAD days/week also. My OMAD days are about a 21:3 where I eat ad libitum during the 3-hr window. If I'm doing a 16:8, I also eat ad libitum in the evening after the lunch.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification! I'm looking into the different ways you all are maintaining to see if I can steal some of your thunder when I hit maintenance in a few weeks.
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Interesting that you switch up 16:8 and OMAD. That's where I failed the last time when I de-OMADed. I had an all or nothing approach so I figured that if I couldn't OMAD, I'd go the complete opposite to eating anytime I wanted as Iong as I was under my alloted calories.

I've learnt my lesson this time round!
  • blambo61
    Options
    jeanona wrote: »
    Interesting that you switch up 16:8 and OMAD. That's where I failed the last time when I de-OMADed. I had an all or nothing approach so I figured that if I couldn't OMAD, I'd go the complete opposite to eating anytime I wanted as Iong as I was under my alloted calories.

Maintenance is better than gaining! It isn't all or nothing. If I feel I need to eat, I eat. I won't lose doing 16:8 but at least I can maintain and go at it another day! I do think it is easier to maintain doing the 16:8 than eating whenever while trying to stay under a calorie goal. That will work if you can do it but that is very hard for me to do. That is why I fast! Good luck
  • brittdee88
    Options
    That's smart, @blambo61! I'm not calorie counting, and I really don't want to have to EVER. It's much easier for me to just limit my access to copious amounts of food than to track everything.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I sometimes will estimate calories in my head (not that I'm stopping at a certain limit) but I will never measure and log everything. It is way too time consuming. Fasting and doing tricks like a one plate rule etc are much better than counting and measuring everything and giving up all the time doing that IMO.
  • blambo61
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ran a hard 4-miles yesterday. I normally have been eating a salad on my run days to get me through it. Yesterday, I had a cup of ramen noodles and a couple of christmas type cookies after that and I was really fueled for the run for the first 3-miles or so. After that I started bonking a bit but I felt much more fueled than eating my salad with protein and oil. I think those things take to long to digest and don't fuel me nearly as well. The starch works too but seems like it's not enough either unless I take a lot of that. I think from now on. I will eat some simple carbs (no protein) a couple of hours before the run and take a scoop of corn start about 30-min before the run. I'm going to try that and see what happens. Non-workout days, I will be trying to fast and do OMAD. I really did feel good yesterday in the run! coconut oil always works well right before a run too but I don't think I want to take in that much fat.
  • blambo61
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Took the day off of work today to be with daughter that is in town for the day. I smoked a bunch of pork loin, made a couple of cheese cakes, and am making some jalapeno poppers! Lots of fun. I have no idea how many calories I'm getting in but not that much I think since I haven't had a lot of carbs and the meats and cheeses are very filling. I guess I will be getting some carbs with the cheesecake! I didn't start eating tell about 1:00 pm or so and just a little bit of meat and cheeses and a few crackers.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    You've been doing this and losing for a good while now. You've mastered what and when you can eat. You keep excellent track so nothing will get away from you. I stick my head in the sand sometimes and you don't...so congrats on staying accountable to yourself :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    You've been doing this and losing for a good while now. You've mastered what and when you can eat. You keep excellent track so nothing will get away from you. I stick my head in the sand sometimes and you don't...so congrats on staying accountable to yourself :)

I will probably gain a little but I will be back on the diet tomorrow and will be there with the exception of Monday and maybe Sunday.
  • jeanona
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    jeanona wrote: »

Maintenance is better than gaining! It isn't all or nothing. If I feel I need to eat, I eat. I won't lose doing 16:8 but at least I can maintain and go at it another day! I do think it is easier to maintain doing the 16:8 than eating whenever while trying to stay under a calorie goal. That will work if you can do it but that is very hard for me to do. That is why I fast! Good luck

Thanks blambo! You are so right and changing my mindset is something I'm making a concerted effort at doing.

I also did a small workout today and had a protein bar in the morning. I usually eat carbs to fuel intense workouts but since it was a small one, I had the bar instead to curb hunger.
  • blambo61
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Big eating day before Christmas. I made savory pecan halves, smoked pork loins, cheese cakes, and jalapeno poppers (just getting to the end of that stuff today). That is just what I made, there was tons more food in the house and all sorts of cookies and treats that others made or that were gifted or bought. Me and one of my boys about overdosed on the jalapeno poppers (so good! thank heavens they are all gone-bacon bits in cream cheese on a jalapeno half topped with a piece of shrimp and some paprika)! I didn't eat much sweets but I sure did indulge in the meats and cheeses! I think I gained about 3-lbs (from before bed weighing) but didn't weigh myself Christmas morning. I did do a hard 6-mile run in the foothills (while snowing) and that was fun.

Christmas day, I just ate a little bit of elk jerky early and a late dinner and not a lot more (I felt like I didn't need to eat for a month from the day before!). Was wayyy more reasonable. Also got in a good 5.5-mile run and with playing ping-pong and having a large snowball fight, my watch said I got in 10.1-miles yesterday so that was good.

Today, I ate a salad lunch and having been snacking some since. I will probably continue this while taking this week off of work (wait tell noon to eat) and then will just snack a bit. I don't seem to go off too bad just doing a little grazing as I go (I think). When I get back to work next week, I will be back to a more rigid schedule and will not be surrounded by food constantly.

Had about 4-inches of new snow Christmas morning so that was nice. Had all 7-kids here with 4-spouses with no major issues so that was nice too! Hope you all had a good Christmas!

I noticed that while the day before Christmas, I skipped breakfast, lunch, and barely ate any dinner (I just snacked starting at lunch) everyone else ate big meals and snacked a lot. Same on Christmas day except I did eat dinner then. So even though I indulged a bit. It was nothing like I would have done in former years or like most everyone else did this year.
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    With all the family and food around you this time of year, about all you can do is have fun with it and get through the best you can without completely falling off the wagon. Sounds like you've struck the right balance.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You had me at cream cheese and bacon :p but I would skip the shrimp!!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    You had me at cream cheese and bacon :p but I would skip the shrimp!!!

That stuff was deadly I'm telling you! Very addictive.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    With all the family and food around you this time of year, about all you can do is have fun with it and get through the best you can without completely falling off the wagon. Sounds like you've struck the right balance.

Thanks, I think I've done well. I've avoided a lot of big meals and started eating late and have gone easy on the sweats. I did eat a lot the one day but that was it and have run a lot so I think minimal damage done. Still have a few days so I just need to keep that up and I think I should be fine. Hope all is well well with everyone!
  • jeanona
    Options
    Sound like you had an awesome Christmas! Well done on not falling off the wagon.

It’s only a few more days to go!