Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Replies

• jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 158 Member
    Great NSV on the running! Are you training for any race in particular?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Did the lbs stay off?

I stayed the same weight the last week which was the same before Christmas. I went up at Christmas but that is gone and now I'm trying to get lower.
  • blambo61
    jeanona wrote: »

They have a spring and fall cross country series here. 8-races in April/May and 8-races in Sept/Oct. They are all about 5k. Some are flat and some have some hills. They are a lot of fun and depending on the weather, there could be up to about 150 or so there.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Ah good idea about eating them to curb your hunger. They reallllly work for me. They never hurt my stomach. Remember to never eat them without soaking because they swell up like 27 times their weight in water and people have choked on them...I guess they can expand on their way down. Hubby does put them raw in his cereal though and he's still kickin' but....I wouldn't just swallow a tablespoon of them unsoaked. I hope they work for ya...nice protein, fiber & omega 3...what could be better? Good luck :smile:
  • blambo61
    edited January 2018
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Ah good idea about eating them to curb your hunger. They reallllly work for me. They never hurt my stomach. Remember to never eat them without soaking because they swell up like 27 times their weight in water and people have choked on them...I guess they can expand on their way down. Hubby does put them raw in his cereal though and he's still kickin' but....I wouldn't just swallow a tablespoon of them unsoaked. I hope they work for ya...nice protein, fiber & omega 3...what could be better? Good luck :smile:

I'm not worried about them hurting my stomach, just making me nauseous while trying to run hard like just about any food does does to me if eaten right before running. The starch and the coconut oil do not make me nauseous even if taken just a few minutes before running. So far, those are the only things that hasn't (if I'm running hard).

I made some of the chia yesterday and just slurped it down without anything in it. I made some for today and might try them at lunch to see if they won't make me hungry and if they will make it easier to not eat anything for the rest of the day without getting super hungry. Will also take note of how I feel on the run energy-wise a couple of hours later. Thanks
  • katjustkat
    So are the chia helping with your hunger? I couldn't eat mine for two days because of my broken frig. I'll put some in the lil dorm frig tomorrow ;)
  • jeanona
    blambo61 wrote: »
    jeanona wrote: »

They have a spring and fall cross country series here. 8-races in April/May and 8-races in Sept/Oct. They are all about 5k. Some are flat and some have some hills. They are a lot of fun and depending on the weather, there could be up to about 150 or so there.

Good luck with the training and the races. They do sound like fun!
  • blambo61
    So are the chia helping with your hunger? I couldn't eat mine for two days because of my broken frig. I'll put some in the lil dorm frig tomorrow ;)

I tried some last tuesday and got hungry after and then ate some lunch. I didn't wait long to see and probably didn't give them a fair shake though.
  • blambo61
    Weekly Report (ending Fri morning when I wake up)

SW 252 CW 198

Weight Lost: 0-lbs
    Number of OMAD days: 4

Exercise:
    Fri: 4-miles (Long Intervals) 1x3/4-mile, 4x1/4-mile @ 8.0mph and 8.6mph respectively on treadmill, 1/4-mile walk after 3/4-mile interval and 1/8-mile walk after each 1/4-mile interval, 1.1-mile warmup and some strides and 1-mile cooldown
    Sat: 4-miles Moderate paced Distance
    Mon: 6-miles (fartlek) usually 1/10-mile hard segments and 2/10-mile easy segments alternating after a warmup mile
    Wed: 5.3-miles (Long Hills) up and down a long hill with a good grade, 1.0, 0.6, 0.4, 0.3, 0.2, 0.1-mile down and up segments. I park at the top of the hill, run down one of the distances given then back to the top and then the next distance down and then back up tell I did all the distances shown, then some easy distance at the top

Comments:
    Not too consistent with the OMAD this week, ate a few lunches also. Did have a really good hill run on Wed and was 8-sec/mile faster than the previous week. I ate some lunch and was better fueled and I think that made the difference. I think the running I'm doing is making me a lot more hungry and is making it hard to fast. I am getting better in the running though so I will take the NSV.

Was with the scouts on tues and we had them do a fitness test and I tried to do a pullup and I
    couldn't do one! That was pathetic. Even when I was 40-lbs heavier I could do at least 1. I haven't lifted in a long time and I'm starting now. I want to be able to do at least a few pullups. I can do pushups no problem right now but am very weak at pullups!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    Good work on your running!!! I walked last night on the treadmill and it really felt good and need to continue...I don't think I can do a pull up either but 30 years ago I could beat all the boys in gym at sit ups but today probably not :p

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    I have a goal of being able to do a few pull-ups, too! My fiance has one of those bars he puts on the door frame, and I would love to be able to at least do 5 in a row by the end of the year. I don't think I have ever even attempted to do one before, but I know those are great for the back.
  • blambo61
    In high school I used to do 3x10 after a cross country workout (also did 75 pushups and dips). Those where the days!
  • katjustkat

I tried some last tuesday and got hungry after and then ate some lunch. I didn't wait long to see and probably didn't give them a fair shake though.

Ahhhh....make sure you have two dry tablespoons worth ...soaked...that's about 1/2 cup. Really keeps me satisfied. At least you know it's a super healthy experiment...I take them before I get hungry and then there's no thought of food for me. Now ...I'm ok on OMAD so I don't take them outside my hour but I have them for dessert right after dinner.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    I have never in my life been able to do a pull up! We used to do the flexed arm hang in school gym class, and even that I was pretty pathetic at!
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Pullups are hard! Good luck with those. Sounds like you are logging a ton of miles though!
  • blambo61
    edited January 2018
    Took my almost 12-yr old skiing today. Was a lot of fun. Not much snow this year and has been very warm.

• katjustkat
    Ahhh you guys look great! Nice father- son bonding time....there's nothing like a good Dad!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Great picture - lucky kid to have you as a dad!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Took my almost 12-yr old skiing today. Was a lot of fun. Not much snow this year and has been very warm.

He looks just like you and WOW what a Beautiful view!!!
  • jeanona
    How beautiful, Bob.

He does look like you in the pic :)