Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Replies

• brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    What a great picture, Bob! I have a similar one of my dad and I when I went for the first time as a kid. I wonder if I can find it :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited January 2018
    Camped out with the scouts last night. Was at about 6500ft elevation. Was only about 18-inches on the ground (usually twice that this time of year) and it snowed about 6-inches on us while there. Hiked in about 1-mile pulling sleds with all our gear and wood for a fire. Was a lot of work. Kids got to sled some and we had a great time by the fire. Came home and took a very long nap!

I'm still at 198 with no weight gain or loss. Am a little sick (sinus infection with a little bit of a sore throat) so haven't run for a couple of days but expect to be back at it soon or at a reduced level tell I work my way back.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I couldn't open up the pictures but I'm so impressed that you all camped out in the snow, that's awesome!!!
  • blambo61
    Was able to run about 12 min and walked 33 min tonight. Have been a little sick so that was good. I think I'm over the worst and will start increasing the run. I've started pushups and lat-pull downs and crunches also. Sat, I did 6x10 of each (50-lb lat pulldowns) and am planning on getting to 10x10 and then start adding some more weight. I like to lift and need to get back into it so I don't shrivel up into some really weak thing!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Shriveling up into some really weak thing would be bad! :D
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 158 Member
    Well done on getting the workouts in even while feeling sick!

I need to get off my butt too :)
  • brittdee88
    How's it going, Bob?
  • blambo61
    I'm fine thanks! Just been really busy. Have been at 198 for a long time doing 2mad. Last Friday got up to 199 and by Monday was 202 (had a big eating weekend). Got back on 1mad this week and am back to 198 this morning so that is good!

About gave up yesterday, but tried the old coconut oil trick (about 1/2 tsp of coconut oil - 80kcal) at 2:00pm and it got me through tell 5:30, then ran, and then worked some more and didn't eat tell 8:30 pm and was fine! I used to use that frequently when it was difficult to fast but haven't lately. I think I will continue tell I get used to doing 1mad again (21:3 for me). Anyways hope all is well with everyone. I was sick for a little bit too but am back to 3-mile runs and am building back up to 6-miles where I was before.
  • brittdee88
    Nice to see you back, Bob!
    I really wish I could work out later in the day because I know I could be more successful with OMAD if I did, but it just doesn't work for me. I always find a reason not to do it or plans change or something and it just doesn't get done. Ugh!
  • blambo61
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Nice to see you back, Bob!
    I really wish I could work out later in the day because I know I could be more successful with OMAD if I did, but it just doesn't work for me. I always find a reason not to do it or plans change or something and it just doesn't get done. Ugh!

I've found I can only do OMAD if I work out after work. Earlier and it is very hard for me to continue fasting.
  • blambo61
    Fasted tell 6:00 pm today (21-hrs) and didn't get that hungry. That hasn't happened in a long time. I wonder if the coconut oil yesterday reset my brain or something (to burn fat and not carbs)? Could just be a coincidence also. Will see as time goes on.
  • blambo61
    198 this morning. That was from 202 on Monday and 199 last Friday. Have reversed the little gains I had going from the last two weeks. Will try to improve on that.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You are doing great. I am sure you will continue to improve and be back at 100% in no time
  • rs2332
    rs2332 Posts: 116 Member
    Keep up the good work! I always put on a couple of pounds after a tempo 3 mile run or after a heavy lifting session. I guess it's all the water the body is trying to desperately trying to hold on to
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 158 Member
    Good to hear about the progress Bob!

Well done on the fasting. I cannot fast till evening as I just can’t focus at work otherwise so my meals have always been early in the day.

Good luck with the plan moving forward!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Great job Bob! So awesome to get rid of the pesky little gains. I will be joining you in reversing mine shortly! :)
  • blambo61
    Could tell I wasn't going to make it today at about 1:00 pm then thought try the coconut oil. I ate about 1/2 tsp (80-kcal or so) and had no problems tell 6:00. At 6:00, I had a little more coconut oil and then ran a hard hilly 3-miles. Got home at ate dinner at about 7:15. The running killed my appetite also so didn't eat that much but may have made up for the calories because I ate a couple bowls of fruit with cream on them. Good old coconut oil!
  • blambo61
    edited February 2018
    Down to 195 this morning. That's a loss of 3-lbs for the week with a day to go! I think one of those lbs was a hold-over from last week. It has been a good week!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    A very good week - Way to go Bob!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I gotta try that coconut oil thing - though the physical hunger doesn't bother me, more the mental hunger...do you find it helps in any way with that?