Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Thanks all

I may do a splurge day on Saturdays. Probably will slow me down a little but that is ok. Camped out last night with the scouts. It was cold and in the low singe digits. Got home and rested an hour or so then took off and went skiing with my 12-yr old daughter. I had a hard time driving home I was so tired. I did have my splurge day today starting with the scouts and eating about 10 donut holes and some milk for breakfast. That was fun!

Sounds like fun minus the cold :o Yummy donut holes, my mom makes home made donuts and donut holes and I love to dunk them in real maple syrup...I had carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for one of my desserts this weekend :smile:

carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is awesome!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Week's Report: 6' 1/2", 56

Date / Weight
    09/06/15 - 252

12/31/15 - 220
    12/31/16 - 210
    12/31/17 - 200

01/26/18 - 199
    02/23/18 - 194

03/02/18 - 193

Exercise
    Fri - Run 2.5-miles (1mile warmup, 1x3/4-mile @ 7:30-min/mile, 1x1/2-mile @ 7:00-min/mile, 1x1/4-mile @ 6:40-min/mile)
    Sat - Down Hill Skiing
    Sun - Rest
    Mon - Rest
    Tues - Run 5.0-miles fartlek (1-mile warm up, 5x40-m strides, 3.5-miles of hard 1/10-mile sections and 2/10 or 3/10 easy sections alternating, 1/2-mile cool down)
    Wed - Run 2.5 miles hills (start at top, down 1-mile, up 1-mile, down 1/4-mile, up 1/4-mile)
    Thurs - Rest

I eat about 3/4 tsp of coconut oil before I run to fuel me after the fast. Works for me. Hope it isn't bad for me. I do weights after dinner.

Number of OMAD days (20:4 or so for me)
    6 (had splurge day on Saturday)

Notes
    New low of 193! Camped out last Fri with scouts and was very cold, came home and went skiing. Was wiped out. Threw me off for a couple of days so exercise routine was messed up but still got some in. Did 2-pullups with scouts on Tues evening. Did 55-pushups in a row last Fri at work. Didn't do any weights other than that this week so that wasn't good.

LC meal last night other nights fairly high carb. I think a good routine would be get stuffed on a big salad with some meat (600kcal for me), wait, get stuffed on some mixed veg with some cheese (250kcal), wait, eat some homeade yoghurt with some fruit (300kcal), then top it off with a couple slices of homemade bread (250kcal). That would be about 1400kcal which is way under what I normally eat. It also is light on the carbs. I may try that a couple of nights this next week. For a lady with a smaller appetite, I think the numbers would be about 3/4 of what I showed. Good luck all.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Great progress!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    But I'm a lady with a bigger appetite :D You're doing great!!!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congrats on that new low of 193! I'm also a petite lady with a big appetite, it seems. :D
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new low, Bob!!! That is amazing! Everyone is doing so well!!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks all! I don't think you all have near my appetite though! :)
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new low. Another one here with a big appetite! My meals can be huge :)

• blambo61
    Options
    Big eating day yesterday and I was expecting a couple of lbs gain today but nothing! Fri night was lc so I think it just all evened out.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Big eating day yesterday and I was expecting a couple of lbs gain today but nothing! Fri night was lc so I think it just all evened out.

That's Awesome! I had a 3.6 pound gain!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Had a good long fast yesterday, ran a hard 5.5-miles (with a little coconut oil) and ate a very LC dinner. This morning I was 190! That is 3-lbs lighter than Friday! I probably won't be that low on this Friday but I was very happy with that.
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Took me a while to read through your whole story. You are such an inspiration and doing so amazingly well.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    great
  • blambo61
    Options
    jadeblue14 wrote: »
    Took me a while to read through your whole story. You are such an inspiration and doing so amazingly well.

I've been on here awhile and you probably got bored to death but thank!
  • blambo61
    Options
    dkayingram wrote: »
    great

Thanks! It was mostly glycogen and water but was fun anyways to see a big drop. Eat normal carbs and I will gain some of it back.
  • blambo61
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Had an awesome day today. Ditched work and pulled my 12-yr old daughter out of school and we and my wife all went skiing. The mountain had 41-inches in the last 7 days and it was blue-bird skies today. Was a lot of fun! Ski'ed for about 4.5-hrs and didn't even get that tired even though ran hard yesterday (was taking it easy and hangout out with my wife who hasn't gone much lately). 50-lbs ago I would have been very tired I think. Actually I remember getting worn out just trying to get my skis on 50-lbs ago because I couldn't breath when I was doing it because my belly was in the way! Anyways, have a good one all.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I don't miss those days at all of not being able to breathe from just bending over to tie my shoes!

Awesome that you had such a fun filled day :)
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great job Bob.
    Yeah being able to move, to do things without pain and stiffness makes life so much more enjoyable.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wow, I hope you guys had a good time skiing! My husband and I lived in Colorado for three years while he was doing his M.A., and I just couldn't convince myself to ever actually get on skiis. LOL, I'm such a scaredy cat.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Wow, I hope you guys had a good time skiing! My husband and I lived in Colorado for three years while he was doing his M.A., and I just couldn't convince myself to ever actually get on skiis. LOL, I'm such a scaredy cat.

Just go at your own pace! No need to go crazy.