Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Replies

• ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    I did a 5K yesterday too! (Well, walked it). Hope you have a good week moving forward. Good luck with the medication situation.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I did a 5K yesterday too! (Well, walked it). Hope you have a good week moving forward. Good luck with the medication situation.

Thanks and good on you for the 5k!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Wow, just caught up with your thread Bob, you're doing great - glad the gout is under control now...
  • blambo61
    Had a good run today. 1-mile warmup, 5x50-m strides, then on treadmill; 1xmile@8:00-min, 1x3/4-mile @ 8:00-min/mile pace, 1x1/2-mile @ 8:00-min/mile pace all with 1/4-mile walk in-between, 4x200m at 7:00, 6:40, 6:20, and 6:00-min/mile pace all with 100-m walk in-between, rest, 1.5-mile easy jog. 5.5-miles total. I'm hoping to add a lot of 8:00-min/mile pace work in to help with the 5k series I will be participating in (that is my goal pace).
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Great work!
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    You're doing awesome, Bob! :) That's so inspiring that you're working towards a 5k. I used to do a bit of running during undergrad... might have to try to get back into it!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Doing great as always!
  • blambo61
    Thanks all!

Dropped 1-lb this week and am at 193. I had two splurge days last weekend and that slows me down. I need to do a stretch of no splurge days and I think I will make some good progress.
  • dkayingram
    That is still an awesome loss!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    You continue to impress!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,873 Member
    I'm glad your gout seems to be improving and you're back out there!
    I know I am late, but I would LOVE to see pictures from your ski trip! I love the mountains and skiing, though I am now a South Florida weather wimp.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yahoo another pound :)
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Woo hoo, another pound down! :) I'm reaching a point where if I'm not down at least 3 pounds by the end of month #2, I'm considering removing my splurge days (or drastically cutting their frequency from 1x/week to 2x/month.
  • blambo61
    Took a couple of hours off work today at the end and went skiing. Was great conditions. Was a lot of fun!
  • dkayingram
    That sounds awesome!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    So what did you end up eating?
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    With so many calories left to eat, you could have had a feast! You're doing amazing.
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Bob, you really are amazing and so active! I don't know how you do it.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Yay for 193!