• sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You're doing such an awesome job, Bob!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    So what did you end up eating?

Way too much! I'm not sure but I think I ate all the cals back. I was probably doing ok tell I discovered that my wife had bought a bag of dates. I love those things and ate a bunch of them! Still it was nice to be able to have a large meal.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Bob, you really are amazing and so active! I don't know how you do it.

Far from amazing but I am happy with being a little active. I am a long ways away from where I was 2.5-years ago when I could maybe jog 1/4 mile (I could hike though) and would huff and puff to put on ski boots because my stomach was in the way! The best part of getting thinner for me is being able to do things!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    I love that you're able to get back out there and do the things you love. I bet that feels amazing!
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

Far from amazing but I am happy with being a little active. I am a long ways away from where I was 2.5-years ago when I could maybe jog 1/4 mile (I could hike though) and would huff and puff to put on ski boots because my stomach was in the way! The best part of getting thinner for me is being able to do things!

I bet being able to be more active has been priceless.
  • blambo61
    Options

I bet being able to be more active has been priceless.

That is right!

I spoke a little too soon though. I'm having a moderate gout attack right now in my left ankle on the top where it connects to my foot and it HURTS! I'm supposed to run a 5k tomorrow. It will have to get better overnight or it's not going to happen.

I lost my water bottle at work somehow and haven't been drinking enough water, also have been bad with the sweets the last few days, and have been taking my meds a little late after I've eaten. Whatever the reason, the gout has been after me lately! I just took the stuff I take to knock it down when having an attack. I think I will really have to watch the hydration and no sweets! I think chocolate is a major contributor also since I read it has a lot of purines which is what is converted to uric acid. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Oh no Bob that sounds painful. My husband has had it before and he has been in so much pain with it. For him, too much beer and or seafood will do it every time.
    Hoping you are doing better today!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I think that extra water will help a lot, I hope it's better so you can do your 5k today o:)
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I think this is what I'm looking forward to the most. I always fancied myself a runner. My body, however, is in direct protest to that... Can't wait to lose some of the bulk so I can really test out my theory.
  • aleroache20
    aleroache20 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better Bob!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Feel better Bob, I hope you are able to make your run.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I hope that gout attack got relief!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I hope you feel better - that sounds awful!
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I hope your meds take hold soon so you can run your race and feel better.
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Chiming in to say that I hope nothing but good health has been happening in your camp. :)
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oh no. I hope your gout gets better soon.
  • blambo61
    Options

I think this is what I'm looking forward to the most. I always fancied myself a runner. My body, however, is in direct protest to that... Can't wait to lose some of the bulk so I can really test out my theory.

You can do it! Don't sell yourself short. Just wait a bit so you don't get injured and then start off real easy. You will get there.
  • blambo61
    edited March 2018
    Options
    dkayingram wrote: »
    Oh no Bob that sounds painful. My husband has had it before and he has been in so much pain with it. For him, too much beer and or seafood will do it every time.
    Hoping you are doing better today!

Still have it today and the 5k got canceled due to rain (I couldn't have done it anyways) but i was able to get in a 45-min bike ride without much discomfort.

This is a moderate flare up. I've had it so bad that I could feel every heartbeat in my big toe before and that is not fun! This is in the top of my ankle and I did chug a bunch of water and it has gone down a little. I'm hoping this will just be a couple of days. I've had it last up to 3-months non-stop before and I don't need that! Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Hoping with you for just a couple of days. 3 months would be very tough