Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I may have to give IF a break for a few days. I'm having gout issues. I went about almost 3-weeks without meds cause my Dr. wanted blood work done before giving me more (allopurinol). I got that done and now I'm having gout issues I think partly due to being off of it for so long. Yesterday skiing dehydrated me and I've got a couple of real sore toes today. I've got colchicine and indomethicin to knock it down but I need to have food to take that stuff so until I get the gout under control I will be eating 3-meals/day so I can take the meds. It will be a big challenge for me to not overeat. Couldn't run today because of it so that was a bummer, hopefully tomorrow I will be able to.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Do what you gotta do, your health is the most important thing. I know 2 people with gout and it's a horrible painful thing that they go through. I hope your pain is gone soon!
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better soon and that you will be able to resume running tomorrow :) I hope you don't have the side effects from the colchicine that my Dad has ... Take care :)
  • sunnycobayo
    sunnycobayo Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Oh, goodness! I hope you start feeling better. I completely agree with @Brendalea69 about doing whatever is best for your health. Let us know any updates!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Took my meds last night. Ate breakfast and lunch today and took more meds and was able to run 5.5-miles this evening so I was very happy with that. The meds really nocked the gout down so I'm back to fasting tomorrow as long as my feet behave. Will probably not have a loss this week and maybe a gain since that is 3-days of non-fasting this week.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Glad to hear this :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Glad to hear this :)

Thanks!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    That is a good report. Welcome Back Bob!
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    Glad to hear the meds are helping! :)
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hope you are continuing to do well!
  • blambo61
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Week's Report: 6' 1/2", 56

Date / Weight
    09/06/15 - 252

12/31/15 - 220
    12/31/16 - 210
    12/31/17 - 200

01/26/18 - 199
    02/23/18 - 194

03/02/18 - 193
    03/09/18 - 194

9qdf25aumj5l.png

Notes:
    Gained 1-lb for the week but not bad since I had 3-full eating days. I can tell gout is trying to get me but no big attacks right now. Hope to keep it at bay and keep running. The green in the graph doesn't mean I'm constantly eating but shows when I started and when I stopped for the day approximately.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Not bad at all :)
  • sunnycobayo
    Options
    1 pound after three full eating days is a mega victory. :) Congrats and keep it up!
  • blambo61
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ran a 5k this morning (feet are doing ok). Ran 26:49 which is 8:39-min/mile pace. That is 2-sec/mile slower than my best 5k last fall on a flat course. Today's course had some hills (those things kill me!) so I'm in a little bit better shape now than where I left off last fall so that makes me happy. Went through first mile in about 7:37 (slight downhill) and then kind of blew up after that. I need to pace myself better and put some more miles in! Hope everyone has a good day!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are back in the swing of things. Do what is best for your body.
  • blambo61
    Options
    It seems like you are back in the swing of things. Do what is best for your body.

Thanks, will do!
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Have you ever had any side effects from taking gout meds? My cousin just had 3 seizures and a brain aneurysm and they are thinking that the gout meds caused them so they are taking him off them for now.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Have you ever had any side effects from taking gout meds? My cousin just had 3 seizures and a brain aneurysm and they are thinking that the gout meds caused them so they are taking him off them for now.

Maybe that's what's wrong with me! I haven't noticed anything. I take allopurinol daily and I take indomethicine and colchicine when I have a flair up. Those last two do have some potential serious side-effects but I haven't noticed any. I only take those when needed though. What was your cousin taking if you know?
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm not sure what he was taking, he came home from the hospital yesterday and will have to take it easy for 4 weeks. It just sucks that we take meds to help heal us and they can hurt you at the same time :/
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I'm not sure what he was taking, he came home from the hospital yesterday and will have to take it easy for 4 weeks. It just sucks that we take meds to help heal us and they can hurt you at the same time :/

I guess he had just started taking prednisone that day so I'm sure that's what caused it.