Bob Lamb - OMAD 9/6/2015

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Just ran a hard 6-mile fartlek run. Warmed up about 1.25-miles and then put in 10 x 1/10-mile hard segments with recovery jogs in between them. Have 13-minutes to go before I break my fast for the day. Have a 4-day streak of fast-tell-five going. Did eat 1-tsp of coconut oil before the run so I wouldn't bonk. Technically that is breaking my fast but I'm not counting it as such. 12-minutes tell I break my fast! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome that you had a 15lb loss for the year! Congratulations...
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    HaHa you're not counting the minutes are ya? Does your wife do the cooking? For forever we have eaten exactly at 5. Kids and hubby just appear exactly at 5. it would be hard to have one of those schedules that changes everyday. Great job getting back on OMAD and you're so consistent on your running. Great head start to the new year :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    HaHa you're not counting the minutes are ya? Does your wife do the cooking? For forever we have eaten exactly at 5. Kids and hubby just appear exactly at 5. it would be hard to have one of those schedules that changes everyday. Great job getting back on OMAD and you're so consistent on your running. Great head start to the new year :)

I was counting! I made the mistake of watching some UK greatest baking contest thing and I was really hungry so I went running but still had to wait about 1.5 hours after that. My wife does do most of the cooking but when it is 5, I eat weather dinner is ready or not!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    Nice run!!! I really wish I could get into running. It’s such a low maintenance workout! I can’t do the impact, though. Last time I tried to become a runner, I left with plantar fasciitis and metatarsalgia. :s Still recovering to this day.
  • blambo61
    Options
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    Nice run!!! I really wish I could get into running. It’s such a low maintenance workout! I can’t do the impact, though. Last time I tried to become a runner, I left with plantar fasciitis and metatarsalgia. :s Still recovering to this day.

I have had both of those and actually still have some metatarsalgia. If you want to still try, get some altra wide-toe box shoes. They help a lot. For the plantar fascitis, you can tape your arches to provide support. Even if you don't want to do that, swimming or biking or rowing are also good cardio workouts. HIIT does things to us cellular-wise but I don't believe the effect is the same as cardio. I think they are both important.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The graph showing your weight loss results for the whole year tells a story of dedication and persistence awesome work.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I have had both of those and actually still have some metatarsalgia. If you want to still try, get some altra wide-toe box shoes. They help a lot. For the plantar fascitis, you can tape your arches to provide support. Even if you don't want to do that, swimming or biking or rowing are also good cardio workouts. HIIT does things to us cellular-wise but I don't believe the effect is the same as cardio. I think they are both important.

I will look into those shoes!
    I actually planned to get back into swimming and rowing -- I competed in both in middle and high school and was pretty good. I do want to get a bike at some point just to stop using my car. I can't use the stationary bikes at the gym because my legs are too short even at the lowest setting! :D
  • blambo61
    Options

I actually planned to get back into swimming and rowing -- I competed in both in middle and high school and was pretty good. I do want to get a bike at some point just to stop using my car. I can't use the stationary bikes at the gym because my legs are too short even at the lowest setting! :D

Sounds good! There are a lot of things we can do!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

I shouldn't laugh at your short legs, but that's fairly amusing! How tall are you? You must have a hard time finding pants that don't need hemming, that would be frustrating...
  • brittdee88
    Options
    @minigrrll I'm only 4'9"! And almost all of my friends are tall, so I was super bummed when that cycling explosion hit, and they all wanted to go to classes. I went to one class and had to stand up on the bike the entire time. It was awful!
    Luckily for me, I can generally get away with buying petite pants, using fabric tape, and wearing heels when I have to dress up. Since I'm a student, though, I pretty much only wear jeans now, and I never have to hem those since I wear skinnies. But yes, when I was in corporate, I was on a first name basis with my tailor! It was super annoying to pay MORE for petite pants (never made sense to me) and even more for alterations!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Weekly Report (ending Fri morning when I wake up)

SW 252 CW 198

Weight Lost: 0-lbs
    Number of OMAD days: 7

Exercise:
    Fri: 4-miles (Long Intervals)
    Sat: 4-miles Moderate paced Distance
    Mon: 6-miles (fartlek)
    Wed: 6-miles (Long Hills)

Comments:
    Was consistent with my 20:4 schedule but didn't lose. That hasn't happened to me much before. I did eat a lot in the evenings so that is why. Will be interesting how this next week plays out. Christmas day I was probably 200-201. By the next Friday, I was 198 with eating more reasonably and then got back on 20:4 and a week later I'm still 198. Some NSVs', I'm getting faster with about every run I do. I think I can run about a 7:30-7:40 mile right now. Not fast but an improvement. I want to break 7:00 by about April. Hope all is well with everyone!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    If I didn't do just OMAD during the week I know I would eat too many calories...I hope next week you see a loss and as far as exercise goes you are running your butt off for sure!!!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good job on the running Bob.
    If I had to guess I'd say the best I'm capable of right now would be an 8:30 mile, but slowly I am seeing incremental improvement so who knows.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Great job on the improvements, Bob! That is much faster than anything I could ever do, so I am impressed. NSVs are awesome!
    Good luck for the upcoming week :)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Jim_fbr wrote: »
    Good job on the running Bob.
    If I had to guess I'd say the best I'm capable of right now would be an 8:30 mile, but slowly I am seeing incremental improvement so who knows.

Yea but you can go real long, much better than me! You also might surprise yourself on the shorter runs, especially if you train more for them. I think you like to train for the longer stuff though and that is great also.
  • blambo61
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Great job on the improvements, Bob! That is much faster than anything I could ever do, so I am impressed. NSVs are awesome!
    Good luck for the upcoming week :)

Thanks, I was actually down about 1 to 2-lbs this morning. I think I was just retaining weight. Will wait to see what happens after this week. Good luck to you too!
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nice job staying under 200 :) I'm curious to see if the chia seeds work for you instead of the starch.
  • blambo61
    Options
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Nice job staying under 200 :) I'm curious to see if the chia seeds work for you instead of the starch.

I will probably try the chia seeds in the evenings (put some in to soak last night) after I workout. I think they would cause my belly problems while trying to run hard. I'm interested in them to fill me up a little at night so I don't eat as much.
  • brittdee88
    Options
    Did the lbs stay off?