How much weight have you lost, and how long have you been on LCHF?

Options
124»

Replies

• creamcake2
    creamcake2 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for 66 DAYS.....and I am down 28 POUNDS This has been easy, but still want to lose AT LEAST 30 more !
  • SlimSonic
    SlimSonic Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have been 'playing' at doing this since 25th October, 7lbs lost. I plan do do it properly after my Christmas cruise.... With the intention of losing 50lb in 2016 to get to overweight rather than the Morbid Obese I am now.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing this on and off for about a year and a half with a two and a half month break for surgery. I've lost a total of 127 pounds and met my first goal about 12 pounds ago only to realize i want to keep going. Another 18 pounds will bring me to my ideal weight for health and vanity! I initially tried maintenence when i reached my first goal weight and realized that i really need to work out a better maintenance plan or I might gain it all back. So for now, I'm pressing on and trying to formulate a future maintenance plan. I do a pretty strict keto - 75/20/5 approximately. I log every day and weigh every day. This has helped me learn how various changes affect me - even though it can sometimes be incredibly frustrating. I have to keep myself honest no matter what. And that also gives me practice dealing with feelings rather than eating them! I believe I am one if those people who will always have to be on some low carb eating plan even after reaching my end goal weight.
  • kirstywhyman
    kirstywhyman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Only been eating this way for 9 days and have lost 1.7kg. I was already eating at a calorie deficit and had lost over 10kg doing that so don't think it is water weight but my weight loss had stalled and I decided to try doing something different. I was only intending to do this until xmas but already can't imagine going back to simply CICO in any form, I was always much hungrier and snacked far more before and this way of eating has completely taken those cravings and hunger pangs away leaving me far more calories to enjoy in my low carb meals :)
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    An update since the scale started moving again: I've been doing keto for 6 weeks now and have lost 11 lbs.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Started Nov 1st, so 6 weeks in and down almost 10lbs but I've lost over 10+ inches all over. I also lift heavy 2-3 x week. And I have a physically demanding job.
  • blacktie347
    blacktie347 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you all!!! I'm losing too. I love low carb!
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Several years now in combo with IF (muddles Keto's effect a bit)...anywhere from 10-15lbs less than my original Baseline weight. I am sure some of it is muscle/fluid loss though
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    Several years now in combo with IF (muddles Keto's effect a bit)...anywhere from 10-15lbs less than my original Baseline weight. I am sure some of it is muscle/fluid loss though

How does IF "muddle" Keto's effect? Seems to boost it in my experience!
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Been eating low carb since July of 2013, so about two and a half years now. Initially I dropped 40 lbs in seven months (So, Feb 2014) and maintained it until October of 2014, when I got pregnant with my fourth child. Upped the carbs during the pregnancy, but still below 150 g per day, and gained 50 lbs over the pregnancy (I always gain that much, no matter what I do it seems). Now the baby is just over four months old and I only have 13 lbs left to get to my prepregnancy weight, which is also my ultimate goal weight. I love eating this way and can't imagine going back to being hangry all the time like I was before!
  • ortrud
    ortrud Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 140. I've been serious about it for a year and a half.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »

Completely agree!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    ortrud wrote: »
    I've lost almost 140. I've been serious about it for a year and a half.

Awesome!
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I started LCHF in April 15, I am down 47 pounds this round, 83 all together. I try to stay under 30g fro carbs but sometimes its up to 50. The doc wants me at 120g of protein which is hard some days. Lots of protein drinks to maintain that. Whats really important is that I get body scans for my progress. last one was from Sept to Nov, I had lost 12#, but I had lost 20#s of body fat!. The reason for the differences is that I gain lean muscle mass! Key to this whole thing!
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »

They have been additive in wt. loss; however, using both makes it difficult to gauge which has more contribution. Order matters too due to different Baseline weights...keto before IF...% loss is going to be less with the adjunct (IF).