December 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    This month is getting away from me and I'm not doing very well with my miles. I'm adding 18 miles to catch me up to date. The numbers aren't great and part of the reason is me just being lazy! GRRR!!! I fall into the trap of cold, snowy weather, equals sweats, Christmas movies on Hallmark and that doesn't rack up too many miles! LOL! But I'm sporadically getting a few miles here and there so although my miles are low and I won't make my goal I'm still moving...not a lot...but still moving! ;)

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Any one have any good tips on bandaging blisters? Couldn't remember which sox didn't give me blisters when I'm XC skiing and I guessed wrong.

Baindaid bandages for blisters help with a larger bandaid over it, especially if they are on the balls of your feet. Ouchy!

• clepant
    Options
    Dec. 18: 8.8 miles of walking and running
    TTD: 187.1 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »
    Any one have any good tips on bandaging blisters? Couldn't remember which sox didn't give me blisters when I'm XC skiing and I guessed wrong.

Baindaid bandages for blisters help with a larger bandaid over it, especially if they are on the balls of your feet. Ouchy!

Bandaid bandages over the blister bandages? I've never tried that. I'll have to give it a shot. Looks like I'm running to the store tonight.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    3.67 miles walked

80.17 miles walked to date
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,772 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    Options

So I put the blister bandages on and put flex bandages over that. That worked pretty darn good! :smiley: Thanks for the tip. :wink:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,853 Member
    Options
    Dec 17 1 mile
    Dec 18 3.75 miles

As of 12/18 103 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    A 4 mile coastal walk for me this morning so now 62.5 miles done
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    10 miles down
    25miles total

25 miles to goal
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Congrats to anaconda on making goal!!!

I got my long run in today - 19 miles done. Getting back in the groove.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    6.2 mile walk/run

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.36 miles walked today

84.53 miles walked to date
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,798 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

12/19

24.21 miles (exercise bike) 1.67 miles (cross trainer) & 2.03 miles walking

27.91 miles for today

485.98 miles done
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,853 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dec 19 Run 5 miles / Stationary bike 10 miles

As of 12/19 118 miles of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,266 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Walked w/DH in the fog this morning then picked up Bean and went out again then got on the bike for a good ride. The sun finally burned through the clouds this afternoon. A good day!

12/18 - 2.10 miles
    12/19 - 7.57 miles
    12/19 - 16.75 bike miles

exercise.png

I do believe that's GOAL!!!

Hope you all have a fab Sunday!

Chris
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,772 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @kar328 , LOVE the new pic! You are shrinking!!! Good job!!!

Walked for mail with the furries (1/2 a mile) but it was 10 BELOW so I then ran 2 on the TM. Gosh I haven't ran for a month & then fighting this bronchial crap had me huffing & puffing! I then got in a good weight workout. I have a little over 2 weeks off with break from school so I am going to get my routine going again!

exercise.png

• clepant
    Options

So I put the blister bandages on and put flex bandages over that. That worked pretty darn good! :smiley: Thanks for the tip. :wink:

You are welcome Dean. Just watch how long you keep your blister bandage on as it will sometimes stick. I started breaking in a new pair of Brooks running shoes back in Oct. and developed a terrible blister on the ball of my right foot, I had a 10 mile race coming up and it was what saved me or I would never have been able to run it.
  • clepant
    Options
    Dec. 19: 7.9 brrrrrrrrrrr its cold out miles. We went from heat wave to 23 and we are supposed to be back in the 60's again on Christmas Day. Running felt like the Frigid 5 miler weather. 5 miles running and 2.9 on trails.
    TTD: 195 miles

exercise.png
    [/t
This discussion has been closed.