December 20th - 26th

Options

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I had the ablation surgery too so did my coworker the only time I spot is If I'm lifting things way too heavy. Best surgery I ever had.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    @Living360 and @JMarcella57 Your frequent posts of support and encouragement for everyone here are appreciated.
    @MrsVelapanur I have not sent Kris a message. I am thinking she will get in touch with us as soon as she's able.
    @2020pinktogo The chance to be a donor is another great reason to get in shape. My drivers license says "donor" on it, but I would probably be turned down because my weight would be considered a risk.
    @CaptainBoing I hope to someday be as lucky as you and join a gym/fitness club that will make such a positive difference in my life.
    @livingyoung28 Yes, the ablation surgery was fantastic!
    @KrisM111 I can't wait to hear what's new with you.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I know this is a personal question but I'm wondering if anyone has or is going through menopause? I have been overly emotional lately (more like the last year), eating everything, lack of energy and depressed (I know sounds like a sad song). I have twenty pounds to loose to get to my happy weight and am struggling to get myself on a consistent routine. I see my gynecologist tomorrow, hoping she will shed some light on this situation. I keep telling myself I will be better tomorrow with my eating and exercise only to do it again. I think I need to find my motivation - what will drive me to stay on a healthy lifestyle
    ? What drives everyone else to get healthy and stay healthy?

It's been so long ago that I went through this, I had to take a couple of days to remember. I was eating mostly whole foods when I went through menopause. In fact I ate very little processed foods. I experienced some hot flashes and sleep issues, but nothing like some of my friends. My doctor told me that was great as long as it was working for me. But to call him if I ever needed anything more to get through it. I never did. I know everyone is different, but eating real food and avoiding processed worked wonders for me.

What drives me to get healthy and stay healthy is that I feel so much better and have so much more energy when I'm taking care of myself. After going through some difficult stuff, I had gained a bunch of weight. So last December when I began to focus on myself and my health again, I had 3 main goals:
    1. Get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
    2. Reduce/manage stress better.
    3. Eliminate processed foods.
    Within about 2 weeks, I was like a different person. My oldest son got up one morning and half awaked, drinking his first cup of coffee, asked if I'd taken a drug for energy? I explain that I had not, that I'm simply this energetic and happy in the mornings when I've slept, am not so stressed and eating healthy. He mumbled something and returned to his coffee.
    This year, I will be focusing more on my exercise. This past year, I've competed only with myself. I have not compared myself or my accomplishments with others and I've taken it one step at the time. If something is working, I keep doing it. If something isn't working or stops working, I change it and try something different. I committed at the beginning of this journey to simply not give up. If I go backwards for a bit, I simply start again from that point having learned something. It's a journey and I have chosen to make the good habits a lifestyle.
    Best wishes with your journey and finding what works best for you.
    Marcella
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just got back from trying a Barre3 class for the first time! I had purchased a voucher on Groupon for four classes and I was actually very intimated when I first got there. The class is a combination of Pilates and ballet-type movements, using that bar that goes around the room. I do some pretty heavy weight lifting regularly so I actually wasn't sure I would get much out of this class. But I was wrong! My legs shook and I was sweating. It was a great workout. I am looking forward to taking my three more classes and am considering doing their January challenge. I think it would be a great addition to my workout routine...especially since I am struggling with stretching and flexibility.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    That sounds cool we only have one gym in our town and it seems to be overrun by horny old men. I haven't found a time when it is safe to go. lol
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Someday I hope to join a gym. For now, I'm enjoying the mild weather and getting my walking done. I also am doing well calorie-wise lately. I guess I have had enough of the holiday treats. Plus, I have no big New Year's Eve/Day plans so it's back to normalcy for me.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo you gave me my laugh for the day, thanks!
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    I weighed in this morning at 185.4. I have officially lost .2 since my last weigh in but even more exciting, is that I lost all of the weight I had gained over Thanksgiving and Christmas (about 2-3 pounds).
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    That's fantastic, Trish! Doesn't it feel great to have done so well?!!
  • livingyoung28
    livingyoung28 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @MrsVelapanur - that's awesome! Barre work out sounds interesting.

So went to the doc yesterday and she came in the examining room all excited because I am in perimenopause? I'm clearly not that excited. She told me this was a good thing, (this is not what I have heard from everyone around me, HORROR STORIES is what I hear, LOL!) Oh well so I guess I'm officially getting older, I tell my boys I'm only 27, funny. Thank you for all the info and support.

No word from Kris?
  • TrishV2013
    Options
    @NewOR2015 - Thank you! Yes it does feel great.

@livingyoung28 - I haven't heard anything from Kris. I did see that she logged in recently, though. The Barre class was interesting and I will be doing it again tomorrow.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Dec 23rd was the last time Kris communicated with this group. Hopefully, we'll hear from her soon.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I lost 3.8 lbs in Dec despite holiday treats dancing around me daily. I'm 16 lbs away from ONEderland. I haven't been there since 1999. A couple of days ago I was thinking no more monthly challenge for me. Now I'm thinking "Do it! Do it! Do it!"
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Hi, all. I sent Kris a message this morning. I don't want to start the new year without her. She's the one who brought us all together.

How's everyone going to spend the last day of 2015? I have nothing special planned other than sticking to my calorie and exercise goal for the day.
  • livingyoung28
    livingyoung28 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm working today and it is very quiet in the office. I am looking forward to having the next few days off. Quiet night with hubby tonight. I am challenging myself to do two workouts a day for the next three days (Friday- Sunday) to jump start the new year! My New Years resolution is to be the best I can be! I am going to try to do some clean food cooking this weekend also. I hope Kris is ok.

@NewOR2015 Congratulations on loosing weight during December! That a way to do it! You are very much motivating me to get back to my healthy lifestyle!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Work, work ,work then I need to come home get my fanny to bed as I have to switch from nights to days as all other parties are too drunk to come in and open.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Work, work, work also. Trying to get as much done by the 5pm as possible! This evening we will spend some time at a friends house. But since I didn't get enough sleep last night, we will probably come home early, have a glass of champagne and go to bed. Wish everyone a happy and safe New Year's Eve. :)
  • irishsungirl
    irishsungirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I got stuck this week with the scale not following the math - should have been down, but it went up. Deciding that the bullsh**#! results on the scale can suck it. I was feeling really good in my body and that number just kicked me to the floor. So suck it scale. Going to focus next year on just doing the things that make my body feel good.

My NYE tradition is to make smorgasbord dinner in all my cute ramekins and to watch a movie (usually SinCity), and then go to bed at my normal time which is way early - I get cranky without my sleep. Looking forward to it tonight and to finding my horse, reviving her, and getting back up and riding.

Hope you are all well and have a safe, fun & fabulous new years!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    NewOR2015 wrote: »
    I lost 3.8 lbs in Dec despite holiday treats dancing around me daily. I'm 16 lbs away from ONEderland. I haven't been there since 1999. A couple of days ago I was thinking no more monthly challenge for me. Now I'm thinking "Do it! Do it! Do it!"

What kind of monthly challenge did you do? Maybe an option is to do something different. I like to set a goal (I use time because most of my sports and training sessions are not distance based) for the month. It needs to be something that is achievable, but still challenge me to reach it. I train LOTS so set a goal of 2600 minutes for December. Due to teasing it very quiet in Christmas week, I'm not going to hit it, but I know I came close. I might drop it for January to 2500. If I get the goal, I immedietely increase it based on the time left in the month
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My day included work in the morning. I had tentative plans to stay at home but they have been confirmed by a trip to the doctor. Dropped a pole on my foot this morning and it got worse through the day. Doctor punctured the nail and released the pressure from the blood build up but I'm all dosed up on pain meds now. Working all weekend as well so early night is a great idea!