Group Shirt

Options

Replies

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    OK! I incorporporated @moyer566 footprints. Seems like a lot of people like this idea. Also, made a blue background for shirt and white lettering.
    I like the idea of everyone using the same image and everyone get's their own color and style of shirt on their own. I can adjust the image to make it more nuetral, but using the blue background for now since a lot of people like a blue shirt.

YxAd8gg.jpg
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    here is a place where you can upload your own logo to this website and get your own shirt. Not sure for non-US places tho.
    Nice line of performance shirts.

http://www.customink.com/categories/performance-wear/47/styles

Here's an idea of what it looks like. There is a minimum of 6 shirts per design though.
    http://www.customink.com/proof_page?cid=aeg0-00ad-kfwq
    If I bought 6 shirts of that design and shirt style, the cost would be $24.06 per shirt.

Maybe a few people can agree on a shirt style and color and have them shipped to a single place, then make agreements on how to send it where it needs to go?
    Realize that shipping from one location to another will be an added cost and would be up to the lead for each group to make it known to everyone else.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @Stoshew71 Is it a minimum of the same 6 style shirts or can you mix styles to hit the minimum? Also, do you know if they need to be the same sizes?

ETA...I really like the footprints too.
  • Stoshew71
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Virkati wrote: »
    @Stoshew71 Is it a minimum of the same 6 style shirts or can you mix styles to hit the minimum? Also, do you know if they need to be the same sizes?

@Virkati I know it doesn't have to be the same size. But it did complain it wanted 6 from the same shirt style. If I call them and tell them different people will want to order from the same design logo but different style shirt or color, they may have an idea on how to do that, and maybe a way to ship it to different locations rather than a single location. I haven't put much effort into how to order shirts as much as the design. :-)

But it looks like this website does offer a lot of options on how to place orders. I can look more into it.

• Stoshew71
    Options
    Chat session with an agent at CustomInk

Leslie: We do at CustomInk are best used by shipping and printing in bulk---we are unable to have an order ship to different parts of the country and aren't able to ship internationally unless it is for military customers with APO or FPO addresses

Leslie: One option we have is to use the group order form in which everyone can enter their own payment and sizing info---but it still has to be shipped to 1 location

Leslie: If you wanted everyone to just create their own you could possibly create a design and tell everyone to order their own using one of the products we have with no minimum

Stan: Do you have a list of products that have no minimum? Also, what is your minimum?

Leslie: Our minimum for most shirts and products is at least 6 to be ordered but we do have a very large list with no minimum so that everyone can just get 1 shirt or sweatshirt--let me get you that list really quick

Leslie: No minimum list
    http://www.customink.com/categories/no-minimum/96/styles

Leslie: I have one other suggestion for you as well!

Stan: ok?

Leslie: We do have a sister company called Booster--they are actually setup to ship individually and accept individual payments. How this works is you setup a campaign and can offer different products with that design for everyone to chose from. It acts like an "online" closet in some sense. You can even fundraise as well if you wanted Check out Booster
    http://www.booster.com/

Leslie: I have supported Booster in the past so I do know a little bit on how it works--but to get more in depth answers to questions I would suggest reaching out to them

Stan: Great. Thank you very much. You have been helpful.

Leslie: No problem Stan! Was there anything else I could help out with today?

Stan: That is all for now.

Leslie: Okay well if any questions come up from the CustomInk side of things let me know! You can chat right back in for me--I'll be here!

Leslie: I hope you have a great day and New Year!

Stan: Thank you. You as well.

Leslie: Thank you again for chatting with CustomInk, where T-Shirts Unite! If you have future questions, my name was Leslie and you can always request my assistance over our chat service, or through e-mail at service@customink.com. Please be sure to click the "Close" button in the top right hand corner of this chat window- this allows you to send a copy of our chat to yourself for your records.

This chat has ended. Don't worry, if you think of more questions, open a new chat or give us a call at 1-800-293-4232.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    I looked into the Booster idea. It seems the minimum is too high (11) and not a very good selection of shirts (no performance tees). The closest they have is a 50/50 shirt.
    But they will ship each order to individuals.

Otherwise, that resorts us to maybe coming up with maybe 2 or 3 styles on CustomInk and if the minimum of 6 is not met then you will have to order your own as a No Minimum product.
    Each person orders their own shirt and size but for each shirt product it would have to get shipped to a central location and then that person ships to the end person.

What does everyone think?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I like blue. Instead of a person how about running shoe prints so it not gender specific.

I'll second, or third the non gender specific, Blue would almost have to be our mfp color. I'm all about being seen out there. I'd go chartreuse. White may be a bit dicey, but I'm in.

As far as the design- Consider putting our mfp names on the back like the race shirts have sponsors listed? Or banded around the shirt, like stripes, small-ish, various fonts?.I'd be like we are running together... I realize that maybe an added expense.

I can also ship someone their shirt- no problem.

WE NEED A GROUP NAME. " Stan's little runners"? Lol!, so JK!

Run Byte's ? Diggin' runs? ! Ha-ha! Sound like a potty joke!

I'm so lame! Ha-ha!

MF p pounders.. My fit pal pounders?
  • Elise4270
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @Stoshew71 I think we can manage the custom ink thing.

I like the "challenge accepted" too
  • Elise4270
    Options
    I saw an app. "Design & get your shirt".. Looks promising..
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Thanks Stan and @skippygirlsmom for getting this going.
  • snha
    snha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! Thanks @Stoshew71 and @skippygirlsmom
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a shirt.....and have no creative ideas (tho I'd love to see a running turtle!!!)
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    62xpux93b4e5.jpg

OK, a little goofy. In any case, love the idea of a shirt. Count me in!
  • Stoshew71
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    As far as the design- Consider putting our mfp names on the back like the race shirts have sponsors listed? Or banded around the shirt, like stripes, small-ish, various fonts?.I'd be like we are running together... I realize that maybe an added expense.

OK! What does everyone think of this idea? It will make the price of the shirt go up? I would add to the back of the all MFP names of everyone that add's a comment to this thread.
    If we agree to add this, what does everyone think of the "sponsor" style or any of the other suggestions @Elise4270 has above? I do like the "sponsor" idea.

Plus I am pretty sure we are set on the footsteps with "Challenge Accepted" design. I am going to see if I can make three options for short sleeve tech shirts. Blue ladies, blue men's (or nuetral), orange man's (nuetral) -- or suggest something else. There may be a way to do it using the booster site so everyone can order their own and have it delivered to yourself. Out of US may need to get a US person to help. In any case, each design will have to meet the minimum (which is usually 6 using CustomInk directly- or 11 using booster). Otherwise, it won't get printed and you will have to buy your own (no minumum shirt) by using the design that I can supply. If we go with CustomInk directly, then the shirt will have to be shipped to a single member and then shipped from that member to everyone else. So there would be an additional shipping fee paid to whoever volunteers as a central shipper.

Now if we go with the booster's idea, it is really designed as a fundraiser where a profit has to be made. So I was thinking of just establish the profit to go to a charity. I like Wounded Warrior's. Any other ideas?
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I like the @Elise4270 sponsor idea. Also like Wounded Warriors as a charity. I'd also nominate Khan Academy.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Realistically, I have enough shirts. I likely won't get one of these unless you come up with a design that's so cool I can't resist it; and of course, I have no idea what design that would be. I'm slightly more likely to buy a singlet, because that's the weak part of my running wardrobe right now. As I look at my closet, I can see the day coming when I'll have to retire race shirts to make room. The cotton and cotton/polyester shirts have already been relegated to a pile that I cycle through as sleepwear.
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Realistically, I have enough shirts. I likely won't get one of these unless you come up with a design that's so cool I can't resist it; and of course, I have no idea what design that would be. I'm slightly more likely to buy a singlet, because that's the weak part of my running wardrobe right now. As I look at my closet, I can see the day coming when I'll have to retire race shirts to make room. The cotton and cotton/polyester shirts have already been relegated to a pile that I cycle through as sleepwear.

Feel free to take the design and get a singlet made on your own. Then you can race with the rest of us on your back (our names at least haha).
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Stan thanks for running (pun intended) with this idea. I love the footprints.
  • Stoshew71
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    OK! I incorporporated @moyer566 footprints. Seems like a lot of people like this idea. Also, made a blue background for shirt and white lettering.
    I like the idea of everyone using the same image and everyone get's their own color and style of shirt on their own. I can adjust the image to make it more nuetral, but using the blue background for now since a lot of people like a blue shirt.

YxAd8gg.jpg

This so far would be what the back looks like. I am waiting to see if anyone else wants a shirt and will place their name on as well. The Wounded Warrior & Khan Academy would only go on the shirt if we use the Booster site which forces the order form to be used as a fundraiser. Otherwise, I am open to any other ideas.

0F6BIaP.jpg
  • Stoshew71
    edited December 2015
    Options
    OK! This is what the order form would look like.

https://www.booster.com/mfp-running-challenge-shirts

(We can only donate to a single charity so the back of the shirt will only reflect that.)
    Anyone else have an opinion on a charity? So far I am going with Wounded Warrior.

So in order to print the shirts for this particular design and to use the Booster site (in order to ship directly to each person) the price of the shirt will be $35 and 10 shirts need to be ordered.
    The shirt I went with is New Balance Tempo Performance Shirt - Royal Your Design:1 Color Front, 1 Color Back

It may be cheaper if we went with only 1 design on the front (no names on the back) but most likely not that much cheaper. Also note that booster will add a "small shipping fee" so in the end, the shirt will be more than $35. Not sure how much more tho. With this option, I would just create 1 design/shirt style & color. I don't think we will sell enough if we had more than 1 shirt style.

The other 2 options to decrese the cost of the shirt most likely:

1) Go direct with CustomInk and have them shipped to a single location. Then ship to each other location.

2) Everyone order's their own no mimimum shirt at CustomInk
    You will have to design your own shirt using the final images that I will eventually post
    (will be similar to what is above - with Khan Academy & Wounded Warrior taken off)

3) Everyone order's their own from whatever shirt making company
    Also using a common front & back images

Need everyone's opinion. is $35+ too much for a shirt? I can look into the other options and get better pricing if that is the direction we want to go into.
This discussion has been closed.