Group Shirt

Options

Replies

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    @Stoshew71 I'll defer to whatever decision you make about the shirts. I agree though, that cheaper is better and we'll probably get more people to join in if we leave off the names (makes me sad, but tis best for the group cohesion I'm sure).
    @_nikkiwolf_
    @runner_girl83
    @ anyone else who needs a shipper...I'd volunteer for that. I'm in Denver CO, it's a major metropolitan/transportation hub so the costs might be a little lower than for a smaller one. For those of you needing to calculate actual costs from me to you, my postal code is Denver, CO. USA, 80230-6913. I would ship it either by your instructions or by the lowest price + fastest delivery option available and only after you know the cost and agree.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've got this group/board bookmarked, so I'll know where/when to send my $$$. I'm def in.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Stoshew71 , Everyone do we want to set up paypay, collect sizes, and address?

I don't mind making the order and sending items out. Be nice if we could get 20.

I don't want to step on toes if someone else wants to do it.

Maybe we can start by all who is in respond/quote this post with size and color (blue or orange) we'll go with Stan's design, and anticipate pre pay with paypal. We get 20 orders, we'll pull the trigger on the order and collect addresses.

Say feb 1st is the anticipated order date? We just need 6 to do one order.

Stan, if you set the design up, I can help with the distribution.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Are we doing all men's sizing or men's and women's? I don't really care, but it matters for what size I'm going to get :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'd love a MFP Monthly Running Challenge t-shirt! I like the footsteps.

But I'm in Australia, which makes shipping a bit of a pain.

Would it be cheaper if we had sleeveless t-shirts that are unisex?

I found this place in Chicago that does them with printing:

http://www.onehourtees.com/products-sleeveless-unisex-tees.php
  • CrimsonWhite
    CrimsonWhite Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'd love one too. I like the footsteps/challenge accepted, and a bright or royal blue is great, but I'll go with the neon colors option as well. I'm in the US, for shipping stuff.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'd like a blue, size depends on the fit.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am in for a blue one. If ladies Xl or if unisex a Large. I can't stand tight shirts. I love the names on the back and the logo on the front, but I am also with the "the cheaper the better" group. $25 is my max budget and I am OK with waiting until we have 20 to order.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OK! I think I will pick the cheapest nuetral tech shirt and offer a couple of colors (blue and some neon or bright color like orange). It will be just the design on the front (no names on the back).

Custom Ink allows for individual orders for a group (so you can pick the color and size, and pay for it directly to CustomInk) but all shirts will need to be sent to a single location. We would need to have 1 volunteer to accept to be the central shipper when all the shirts come in. @Virkati or @Elise4270 you 2 are the only ones that volunteered. So you 2 can shoot it out for the honors. :-) Once I know where the shirts will all go to, then that person can send me a PM and then I can set up the group order form and announce it.

It would then be up to each individual to then set up a way to pay the central shipper in order to get your shirt. The benefit of being the central shipper is that you won't pay for additional shipping and you get your shirt(s) sooner.
    So remember what you ordered and make sure you tell the central person (color and size). Because the central shipper will just get a huge box of shirts and won't know who's is who's unless you tell them what you ordered.

Remember, the cost would also need to include packaging of some sort. I would suggest a shipping envelope (or bubble mailer should do) that a shirt can fit inside of. Office Depot has a package of 25 for ~$22. (about 90 cents per mailer)

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/843449/Office-Depot-Brand-Kraft-Bubble-Mailers/

What I can do is set up an order form that everyone logs into. You pick the color and size, and pay CustomInk right on their website. There will be a date you have to order by. I am thinking maybe 2 weeks or should it be longer?. After the date is reached the order get's locked and they make the shirts and then send it to the central shipper. All shirts will arrive to the central shipper at the same time. The central shipper will then need to resend all the shirts out to each indivudal. Who whoever is the central shipper, everyone else will need to provide that person (the size & color, an address where to ship your shirt, and $ to cover the cost of shipping it to you to include a bubble mailer).

Is this good for everyone?

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome Stan @stoshew71 thanks for setting it all up!
  • kimlight2
    Options
    Thanks for doing this @Stoshew71 !
  • Stoshew71
    edited January 2016
    Options
    OK! I think I am going with this:

Augusta Short Sleeve Performance Shirt
    Sizes & Fit:
    YS-6XL. Runs small
    Keeping your cool is no problem for this affordable t-shirt!
    This performance shirt is sure to give your group the competitive edge for the next game or event!
    3.35 oz.100% moisture-wicking polyester
    Tag-free label for comfort
    Double-needle stitched for durability
    Popular team colors
    20 shirts: $16.94 ea
    25 shirts: $15.67 ea
    30 shirts: $14.81 ea
    40 shirts: $13.69 ea
    2 week delivery (for free shipping)

For sizing:
    http://www.customink.com/items/sizing/167800_lineup/standard.htm

I am offering 2 colors. One of the blue ones and one of the bright ones. What does everyone like?
    Pick one of the shirts on top row and one on bottom row.

hVcIrIg.jpg

EDITED:
    If you know you won't get one kind of color then please don't vote. Only vote if you actually planning on buying that color shirt.
  • runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ooooh!! Orange and Power Blue!
  • kimlight2
    Options
    Royal or Powder Blue and Lime.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. I like royal blue. I don't plan on getting a brightly colored one, so I'll let those who do pick that one. Thank you Stan @Stoshew71! And thank you to @Virkati and @Elise4270 for volunteering to help ship them!
  • Stoshew71
    Options
    UPDATE ON PRICING:

I priced these out with the names on the back.
    Without the names the pricing becomes:

15 shirts: $14.42 ea
    20 shirts: $13.00 ea
    25 shirts: $12.19 ea
    30 shirts: $11.65 ea
    40 shirts: $10.97 ea
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    I'll order one - but I really don't care which Blue. If I must pick... Columbia Blue and Orange.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I can't see the colors on mobile. I'd go blue. I may consider getting 2, or getting Eric one.

@Virkati I'm in Oklahoma. If you think your location would be easier to send from, I'll defer. I'm between OK city and Dallas. Totally your call.

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Orange and Power Blue!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Power blue send orange. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.