What is your favorite healthy breakfast to start the day?

Options

Replies

• MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    two slices weight watchers whole wheat toast 80 calories,kraft lite peanut butter 80 cal and a piece of fruit around 80 cal
  • Vickie002
    Vickie002 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thomas English muffin multi-grain 100 calories
    Low fat cheddar cheese 30 calories
    Egg whites 25 calories (microwave 1 minute)
    Total - 155 great hot breakfast on the fly!!
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I sautee 1/2 tbs coconut oil, 2 whole eggs, and 1 cup spinach together and right before I plate I stir in 1/2 oz of feta cheese. It hits the spot every time! Under 300 calories too!
  • jthiara
    jthiara Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been making breakfast smoothies (bonus: I make them the night before and put in the freezer, take them out before heading to work and by the time I get to work, they are just the right amount of slushy-ness)

1 cup kefir, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 banana, 1 tsp chia seeds. Then depending on my mood, I add a mix of frozen fruit.
  • snj928
    snj928 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If it's after a morning workout I usually do oatmeal and fruit. If I haven't worked out yet I usually microwave scramble 2 eggs with some veggies. And of course coffee with just a splash of creamer every day.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I've been doing chia seed puddings with frozen fruit or overnight oats. I don't eat breakfast until I get to work because I'm just not hungry until then, so I have something I can make the night before and take with me the next morning along with my lunch.
  • kittydale9
    kittydale9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What does matcha taste like? I have never heard of it, but looked it up. lol
  • kittydale9
    kittydale9 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    On Sunday I make up 3-4 cooked eggs to use throughout the week. I take one out in the morning and heat in microwave while I am toasting a Thomas Light English Muffin in toaster. I then put them together with a 22% cheese slice. I eat on the run so this is easy for me to make and eat in the car on the drive to work.

I tried making up the sandwiches ahead of time and then popping into the microwave in the morning. I found this makes for a somewhat soggy muffin. I like the English muffins toasted.
  • brrrimcold1984
    brrrimcold1984 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Green smoothie with chia. Usually strawberry or strawberry banana.
  • MariRaina
    MariRaina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal or cream of wheat with real butter and a bit of sugar with a side of real, whole grain toast.
  • MargaretLunan
    MargaretLunan Posts: 5,299 Member
    Options
    whole wheat weight watchers toast 2 slice and light peanutbutter
  • plami_9209
    plami_9209 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Two hard boiled eggs and a cucumber or 200gr of yoghurt with oats
  • kittehkitteh88
    kittehkitteh88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I make a single egg omelette (made with one cal spray and using a non stixk pan) folded over 2 rashers of grilled bacon and a handful of rocket, a dash of sriracha on top - delish!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I make roasted vegetables (zucchini, cauliflower, red pepper, yellow squash and asparagus) stir in some spinach, put in in a pyrex and add egg whites. Top that with chicken verde and salsa.
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I make this virtually every morning for breakfast, I never tire of it! I used to hate oatmeal before I realized that you can make oatmeal as creamy as you like by adding more liquid, ha! I thank my grandmother for this recipe:

-1/2 cup of quick oats (1 serving)
    -Dash of salt
    -Cinnamon to taste
    -Approx. 1/2 cup of milk (any type of milk you like. I use 1%, but you can use almond, cashew, etc.)
    -Honey to taste (I usually add 1 serving which is 1 tablespoon)

Heat water to just boiling and pour in microwavable bowl to cover the oats, cinnamon, and salt. Either let sit for a few minutes or microwave for 30-45 seconds. When the oats have expanded, add milk to taste/consistency. Add honey and stir in.

Ta dah! You have a nice hearty bowl of sweet, cinnamon-y oatmeal! The nutrition facts, following my recipe are:

Calories: 263
    Carbs:33g
    Fat: 5g
    Protein: 9g
    Sodium: 50mg
    Fiber: 4g
    Sugars: 22g

If I want an added treat I add seasonal fruit or bananas. :)
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    some kind of oatmeal just one pouch then follow with half a grapefruit.... and a cup 2% milk
  • AnaFitness2016
    AnaFitness2016 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love a toasted piece of whole wheat toast topped with a fried egg inside a sliced red bell pepper. It's super easy to make, filling and delicious!
  • tcatz68
    tcatz68 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Quick and easy microwavable meal for work: I use 3/4 cup(100 calories)of fit and active liquid egg (aldi), Mushrooms, sliced- and one fit and active mozzarella stick(50 calories) chopped up. Put it in a tupperware container uncovered and microwave for around 3 minutes, stirring approx every one minute. The eggs will expand and it is very filling and low in calories. You can also change it up by adding in turkey bacon or other veggies.
  • brandiprimeau
    brandiprimeau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1 cup multigrain cheerios, 1 cup skim milk, 1 banana cut up into it. Pretty much my daily breakfast.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    TAMoore54 wrote: »
    i like the suggestion about making like an egg, cheese, salsa in a wrap ahead. I would love to eat an egg in the morning but am in too much of a rush to get to work and also I am not hungry first thing.

I freeze mine. Wrap frozen in a moist paper towel and microwave until heated through.