What is your favorite healthy breakfast to start the day?

Options

Replies

• lynne822
    lynne822 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was tires of the 0% Greek yogurt and berries so I tried Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies from the snack list under 200 callories
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My favorite weekday breakfast is 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese with 1/2 cup diced or crushed pineapple. Great flavor together!

My favorite weekend (or non-workday) breakfast is an omelet. 2-3 eggs, some meat (typically ham), a little bit of mozzarella, and whatever veggies I have on hand (bell peppers, onion, spinach, etc.). Very filling and I have a good protein jump for the day!
  • MuttsNMountains
    MuttsNMountains Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in love with this smoothie recipe that I found a while back:
    5 raw almonds
    1 red apple
    1 banana
    3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup nonfat milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I make a protein latte. Almond milk, coffee, unflavored protein powder, stevia, and a little almond or vanilla extract. I usually have that with a Kashi Pumpkin Flax granola bar. My other favorite I call Eggs Ole! Toasted corn tortilla topped with a scrambled egg, guacamole, a little cheese, and salsa. My other go to is an egg baked in half of an avocado. Yes, I'm a little drawn towards things Mexican! B)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    My mother in law has been teaching me to make homemade jelly/jams/preserves/marmelades that kind of things, so lately my breakfast has consisted of pb2 toast with whatever jelly we have made that week :)
  • Evalen306
    Evalen306 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have two favorite Breakfasts One is one serving container of Oikoa Triple Zero coconut cream Greek yogurt I then add 1/4 cup oats to it, mix and enjoy, I love it.
    I also make what I call my Banana Sprit breakfast. I put 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese in the center of a bowl, I slice one small banana and place each slice on each side of the cottage cheese, I put 1/2 table spoon of natural peanut butter on each banana, I put 1 table spoon of Polaner All Fruit spreadable fruit, or fresh strawberries on top of cottage cheese. I sometimes use less peanut butter and less strawberry all fruit.
  • agkurylo
    agkurylo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chobani single serve yogurt, pick your favorite flavor, tablespoon of real honey, 1/4 cup of rolled oats, and 1 hard boiled egg...2 if I'm hungry. I eat this every morning. Gluten free, diabetic friendly and super tasty. Healthy carbs, fiber, low sugar, lots of protein and takes NO TIME AT ALL to prepare
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Today I had a veggie hash with eggs ... easy to do, good macros and stays with me a long time. This veggie hash has very finely cut potato, celery, onion, mushrooms and the eggs are cooked to my liking in coconut oil.
  • displacedheel
    displacedheel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Monkey Salad every day this week, and still not tired of it:

1 banana, sliced thick
    7-10 strawberries, cut up
    2 Tbls unsweetened coconut
    2 Tbls slivered almonds

Toss it together. If you need more fat, drizzle with a nut butter. Add other fruits if you like. All good for you.

Oh, my first post!!
  • hammetta
    hammetta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cannot get enough of this filling low calorie, low carb, high protein microwave "muffin". You can vary the flavorings to suit your mood, but with fresh blueberries in season, I am addicted to:
      1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Jay Robb Whey Protein Isolate)
      dash cinnamon
      1 t baking powder
      1/8th t almond extract
      1/2 t lemon juice
      1/4 c water
      1/4 c blueberries
        Mix, toss half of the berries in (hold half of the berries so they don't all settle to bottom), microwave 20 sec , toss in the remaining berries, microwave for another 20-30 sec. 131 calories, 25g protein, 5 carb (110 cal/1 carb with no berries). Filling and delicious. Can sweeten further with your favorite low calorie sweetener. Try variations with cocoa powder, PB2, other fruit --> endless possibilities. Quick to make and great for an on-the-go breakfast. I tried once with a pea protein powder mix -- hot gooey mess. Best with whey!
      • lizandrashaw
        lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
        Options
        Quinoa with coconut milk, applesauce, and maple syrup
        or
        Frozen banana, honey, peanut butter, and coconut milk smoothie.
      • fotofreak01
        fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
        Options
        2 boiled brown eggs, cup of canteloupe and strawberries, slice of Dave's killer bread 21 seed with 1 tbsp peanut butter. YUM!!
      • mwrfitboss
        mwrfitboss Posts: 82 Member
        Options
        anything veggies and eggs is good in my book for breakfast!
      • guinevere96
        guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
        edited August 2016
        Options
        I love greek yogurt mixed with fruit preserves :)

Edit: didn't realize I had already replied to this thread awhile back lol. Yes I still love preserves.
      • MzManiak
        MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
        edited August 2016
        Options
        I slow cook steel cut oats with cherries, brown sugar, almond extract, almond milk, and water. It's delicious. Add 2 egg whites to it and you're still around 300 calories.
      • Olive_47
        Olive_47 Posts: 5 Member
        edited August 2016
        Options
        I like to get a good chunk of calories and protein in the morning to get my day started. Usually I go with a banana, scrambled eggs (1 whole egg, 1 egg white) topped with some low fat cheese, and a slice of wheat toast (usually a homemade recipe here) with an organic jelly.
      • MohamedElshal
        MohamedElshal Posts: 2 Member
        Options
        My perfect breakfast is 100 g oats mixed with milk and 2 bananas plus 5 egg whites but before it i take 1 scoop platinum beef protein 24 gm protein 110 calories
      • jenerator2000
        jenerator2000 Posts: 5 Member
        Options
        Greek yogurt with some PB2 mixed in and something crunchy, like a hand full of granola. I also like egg whites scrambled with some avocado and salsa and maybe some quinoa if I worked out hard the day before and am starving. Steel cut oats made with almond milk with some PB2 and cinnamon-yum for the winter time. I generally throw in some berries with the yogurt and oatmeal as well.
      • PoundChaser2
        PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
        Options
        I have a smoothie every morning. I not a fan of eggs, bread or cereals.
      • narak_lol
        narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
        Options
        My favourite breakfast is rolled oats with egg whites and some stevia. I can have this every morning. Delicious and so filling.