Like Minded Lushes - January 2016

Options
12346»

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Katie's got a hottie...woohoo! I recognize those mountains...Miss that place!

A cruise sounds fun, but ouch!! You do know this is a lush forum...you're allowed to confess to us that you were tipsy when it happened. :laugh:

Ditto, Ashley. I had wine last night. I cooked meatballs and sausages in my homemade sauce so red wine was opened. It would have been a sin not to have a glass, right?

Yay for a great Vegas trip!!! That party sounds amazing but I'm thinking if I ever get a girl grandbaby I'm going to be in big trouble with all that princess, artsy, craft stuff. I'm so used to boys!! Congrats to your Broncos. I think most of the country was pulling for them just because of their Patriot hate. :)

I was headed to the beach today but postponed it until next week when the son can join me. So I'll get in a good workout and maybe shoot for a 0.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures Kate! AWESOME!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    love the man-makeover :p
    We had a great time at in Cancun at Live Aqua, it was a nice adults-only all-inclusive.
    Totally over-did it, all the time but it's hard not to when it's all included!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I hear that Amy!!!!! Glad you had fun!!!

And thanks, he is totally a keeper.....I have known him for 20 years and he is always doing something different with his beard and hair and lucky for me he always looks good!!!

I wasn't planning on drinking this week, but Lenny needed a beer after this first day of work so I have a margarita and a small glass of wine. I have not been measuring anything that has gone in my facehole since we go here....shipping container contains all and it arrive this week, so maybe next week.

Lenny is working late so I might have a cocktail!!!!

xoxo
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Had 1 1/2 vodkas with fruit punch and about 6oz of wine last night, nothing crazy but not a zero either. Probably some more wine tonight!!

Heading over to the condo to paint today, should be interesting. I have never painted by myself...usually Lenny's does the paint pouring and prep...fun times :wink:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    For me painting always starts out enthusiastically but soon becomes a chore. The last room I painted was my sons about 5 years ago and I swore it would be my last. We have high ceilings which makes it even worse. Good luck!!

I had wine again. Clearly my days of 0's aren't happening. I am getting some good workouts in though. Enjoying the 75 degree temps before the rain hits again this weekend!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yeah, so the 0's are going to start in February apparently..... I went out for yummy tapas with my girlfriends Tuesday. I had 3 glasses of wine at dinner and then make impromptu decision we should stop for some bottles of wine, thinking we'd hang out at my friend's house where we all met and I could leave early. Her house is very small and her 2 year old is a light sleeper, so we ended up back at my house, hot tubbing, wine drinking, cigarette smoking till probably close to midnight. I was hangin' yesterday. I still got all my errands and chores done and also a workout so I pushed through. Just silly for a weeknight even though I'm off Wednesdays....

I don't mind painting if it's a small amount. I painted exterior of houses the summer after my freshman year of college, so I'm a pretty good painter. I would do the cut in work and Eric rolls. But we painted our entire basement when we finished it: ceilings, walls, trim....everything brand new dry wall so priming too. We painted every weekend for like 3 months. It was terrible. Kate, I hope your paining goes quickly!

0 tonight. Friends in town Friday and nothing planned for Saturday other than another birthday party!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Same here with the 0's Ashley. I had wine again. Poured back the 2nd glass though so I'm moderating well, logging all my calories and exercising. Maybe I'll manage to drop some of these extra pounds my body seems to want to hang on to.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    no zeros here. I have been in the mood for Red Apples cocktails so I have downing quite a few of those. And my daughter is in town staying with me so I am making dinner every night and the scale shows it. *sigh*
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Got a zero in last night! Helps when there is no booze in the house and I am too lazy to go out!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I got a good amount of painting done....not a big dent though. I did the master bedroom, 1/2 of the guest bedroom and trimmed one bathroom. I have an interview this afternoon, then I think I'll head back and start the living room. Our shipping container came so we have a few days to unload it but I'd really love to get the living room done because I have a feeling that room will be full of boxes for a bit. I also have an interview tomorrow and I hate to say it because having opportunities is great but it is really disrupting my days :laugh:
    I did get a job offer yesterday, but haven't made up my mind yet. I want to see how the next two interviews go before I decide, but seriously how can I pass up a job......

Anywho's 1 BIG red cup of white at the beach for sunset and 1 BIG glass of red when we got back.

I except more of the same today, maybe some beers. We will be at the condo tonight, since Lenny has to trim out the ceilings....cause I can't reach :wink:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Hang in there Kate- moving and starting a new job can be a huge stressor. I am glad you guys make time for wine, the beach and sunsets!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    That's awesome you have several opportunities Kate! What are the jobs?

Well I drank again. My meeting that was supposed to end at 3:30 ended at 4:30 and it was nice out so no way did I got back to work. I was driving towards day care/home deciding what I wanted to do and Eric called, said he was done early and did I want to meet for a drink. So of course I had to do that. Had the equivalent to a big glass of rose' there, picked up the kids, then had 2 ciders.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Ugh- up 1.5 lbs for the week. We were helping get our son's place ready to sell, spread two yards of bark and did a bunch of yard work, trip to the dump etc, so hope it just retention due to the sore muscles that ensued.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Yeah I'm about to throw my damn scale in the Pacific Ocean.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday=4 beers
    Monday=2 beer
    Tuesday=wine
    Wednesday=1 beer 2 wine
    Thursday=1 beer

I don't know about tonight, I have no plans for the weekend. Back is hurting again so we cancelled our travel plans.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    SoCalWoman wrote: »
    Yeah I'm about to throw my damn scale in the Pacific Ocean.

This just made me laugh and laugh! I break up with my scale at least once a week!! :D:p

Did pretty well not drinking until the damn weekend hit - that's the advantage to being sick as a dog right now, even alcohol didn't sound good!
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday -0
    Thursday -0
    Friday - 2 "sex on the beach" drinks ;)
    Saturday - 1 bottle of Sauvingon Blanc... :o
    Not sure about today...1 have laryngitis today which has been interesting trying to communicate with hubby...I'm about to start texting everything to him!! :expressionless:

Good luck with your interviews Kate (and with the painting!!) I can relate to the painting, when we bought our house 5 years ago, we painted every single room before moving in... :p
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options