M_Foote 2016

Options
M_Foote
M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Good morning to all in MFP land. Particularly the OMAD section!

2015 was not so hot, if you were following my progress. Some of you however, absolutely killed it! Great job!

I started 2016 at 327.8 lbs.

After a strict week of OMAD, I am 321.8 today.

So, here we are!

Replies

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I was wondering yesterday how you were. Glad you're back! Here's to an outstanding 2016...
  • M_Foote
    Options
    It was sketchy for a while. All me, all in my head. Thanks for the re-welcome!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    "well-begun is half-done" - congratulations on starting 2016 in a fine way!!
  • M_Foote
    Options
    vrojapu wrote: »

For me, this was the problem. The sentiment is a fine one (and I really appreciate the sincere offering) but I have some kind of hang-up with having a great start, feeling like everything is going great, and waking up with no follow-through. Starting is definitely hard, nigh on impossible for some, but for me, it is sticking with it after a setback. "It" being whatever goal I have in life. Professionally, personally, whatever.

I take *any* failure incredibly hard, and while it helps motivate in some areas in my life, weight loss has been the opposite. One cappuccino instead of coffee turns into snagging a doughnut turns into two doughnuts turns into a lunch buffet turns into a day of excess turns into a good intention for tomorrow turns into a second day of failure turns into "try again next week" turns into waking up at the end of the month with no loss and sometimes gain. Errgh.

SO, I must interrupt the process of cumulative failure or never fail at all. THAT is the goal this year. Weight loss will go with it.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Well, in that case, the well-worn analogy of not run stop signs all day long because we made the mistake of running one at the start of the day would have served the situation better -- I am so sorry I didn't understand what you were/are going through, @M_Foote. Please accept my apologies and sincere good wishes for a successful 2016 in every way.
  • M_Foote
    Options
    Oh, absolutely no apology needed! Just a statement of my personal hang-up. You would have no idea. It is my mental hang-up that leads me to believe "half done, you can slack off now". The sentiment is valid and true: for most people, starting is half the battle.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    we will all own the bit*h this year.........hahha sorry for swearing, but this mentality works for me =)
    no more bs excuses, im similar to you, so similar its scary your two donuts snowballing into everything you said.

Im so proud your back, so proud you got no idea....... =)

Last week I was starting to have mental issues with time and weightloss, how long would it take, do I have to wait so long? what do people do while they are waiting for weight to come off?

The answer is simple, just live and continue as normal, and fill your time with enjoyable things. =)

okay, enough gossip from me hahhaha ! =)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    we will all own the bit*h this year.........hahha sorry for swearing, but this mentality works for me =)
    no more bs excuses, im similar to you, so similar its scary your two donuts snowballing into everything you said.

Im so proud your back, so proud you got no idea....... =)

Last week I was starting to have mental issues with time and weightloss, how long would it take, do I have to wait so long? what do people do while they are waiting for weight to come off?

The answer is simple, just live and continue as normal, and fill your time with enjoyable things. =)

okay, enough gossip from me hahhaha ! =)

This, this right here! Sounds so easy and yet is so hard to do.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    I have always struggled with future commitments and the need to "lose ten pounds before..." Whatever it was. A party, a wedding, a reunion. I doomed myself to dieting stress, at a minimum, and weight gain, more likely, by the prospect of some event in future. As soon as I put that "lose weight before" pressure on, I would start to eat. And the day would arrive, and whether I had lost an ounce or a pound, or had gained five...the day would still have arrived. So I've tried to remember: no matter what I do, how much I lose or gain, next Tuesday is still next Tuesday; next month is still next month; and next year will be next year. So if I only lose a pound this month, that's okay -- it's going to be next month any way I weigh myself.

I can't say it worked immediately, but I keep repeating it to myself, and it has allowed me to relax...and consequently to lose.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    You, my pal, just gave me an idea for a video.
  • M_Foote
    Options
    324.0, going the wrong way. Which is odd, as I have been VERY strict. Well, we shall see. Still down from start weight!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    has it been a week since your last weigh in M? Could be just water or your body fluctuating.... I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • arguablysamson
    Options
    M_Foote wrote: »
    324.0, going the wrong way. Which is odd, as I have been VERY strict. Well, we shall see. Still down from start weight!

Sounds like scale may not be accurate. If it is, then you are holding a good bit more water for some reason. Try to determine why. Check the scale. Then weigh again.

Reign in your efforts for more consistency. If you have the rigidity down, then all you need is to keep going.
  • M_Foote
    Options
    Eh, I'm down 1.4 for the week. I will see if things level off. If not, I will throw in some exercise. LIGHT exercise.

I'm in it for the long haul this time. It would be nice to drop it right quick and be able to make my PAT, but if not, I will probably live.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    vrojapu wrote: »

For me, this was the problem. The sentiment is a fine one (and I really appreciate the sincere offering) but I have some kind of hang-up with having a great start, feeling like everything is going great, and waking up with no follow-through. Starting is definitely hard, nigh on impossible for some, but for me, it is sticking with it after a setback. "It" being whatever goal I have in life. Professionally, personally, whatever.

I take *any* failure incredibly hard, and while it helps motivate in some areas in my life, weight loss has been the opposite. One cappuccino instead of coffee turns into snagging a doughnut turns into two doughnuts turns into a lunch buffet turns into a day of excess turns into a good intention for tomorrow turns into a second day of failure turns into "try again next week" turns into waking up at the end of the month with no loss and sometimes gain. Errgh.

SO, I must interrupt the process of cumulative failure or never fail at all. THAT is the goal this year. Weight loss will go with it.

Have you considered having a scheduled "cheat" day? It might make it more palatable to be able to stick to the diet long term if you know you can have a break once in a while.
  • M_Foote
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »

Have you considered having a scheduled "cheat" day? It might make it more palatable to be able to stick to the diet long term if you know you can have a break once in a while.

I do; every payday. (two weeks) I usually get a doughnut for breakfast, hit a fast food joint for lunch, and have pizza with the family for dinner.

It's all emotional for me, which is hilarious because I am not at all an emotional person. Just with food and fat. I am up again today, and I really don't see how it's even possible. Must be getting ready for a big drop. . . . Today is my feast day, but not going crazy. My doughnut actually filled me up pretty good, so I may skip lunch and just hit dinner.

I do want to say: I am NOT cheating so far, and that has been good. It is a battle, but I have been absolutely strict from January 8th until now. I don't pretend to know WHY I am only a couple pounds down from start weight, but it will come. It has to come.

60zsri1pdxum.jpg

• mittenswillet
    Options
    it will come......it HAS to (the loss) I had a similar situation to you this week, I only lost 5 or 6 grams when I was expecting 1 kg, my body screamed at me all week, but I stuck to the diet but still got a small loss.....I can bet my right arm this week we will both have a good loss my friend. =)
  • blambo61
    Options

I do; every payday. (two weeks) I usually get a doughnut for breakfast, hit a fast food joint for lunch, and have pizza with the family for dinner.

It's all emotional for me, which is hilarious because I am not at all an emotional person. Just with food and fat. I am up again today, and I really don't see how it's even possible. Must be getting ready for a big drop. . . . Today is my feast day, but not going crazy. My doughnut actually filled me up pretty good, so I may skip lunch and just hit dinner.

I do want to say: I am NOT cheating so far, and that has been good. It is a battle, but I have been absolutely strict from January 8th until now. I don't pretend to know WHY I am only a couple pounds down from start weight, but it will come. It has to come.

60zsri1pdxum.jpg

If you stick with it, it should start comming off. Make sure you count cals accurately if you keep stalling.
  • blambo61
    Options

60zsri1pdxum.jpg

If you stick with it, it should start comming off. Make sure you count cals accurately if you keep stalling.

It is always possible yor putting muscle on too. If nit might just be water and should come off.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    How's it going? I'm keeping good thoughts for you.