M_Foote 2016

Options

Replies

• M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Can I meet my goal of <320 by the end of the month? Stay tuned....
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Down again! I'm rooting for you.
  • M_Foote
    Options
    Missed it by two days. . . 319.8 this morning! Goal for February is 30x.x. Might be a bit lofty, but we will see.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    very happy for you Foot =) Keep it going strong buddy ... we are all in the same boat doing the same thing right now.... =)
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Strong work!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Stick to your plan you mentioned above, visualize the goal and you can do it. Just think, 2.5 lbs a week for the next 4 weeks. Good luck!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! :)
  • M_Foote
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So, I made it a whole week (7 days) with NO up-ticks. Even over a weekend. A big deal for me, especially when you use the graph as an inverse indicator of my mental state over the last month. . . Which would be pretty accurate.

Here's to hoping February looks a little different!

9qbqj7shxl3e.jpg

Interesting mental difference when you compress the timeline, no?

1bsn16qsoe2q.jpg

I also have a statement to make, and I will leave it out there for opinion.

On 01/27, I started eating breakfast. Not much, as is evidenced by my diary if you care to look. But still, it's not OMAD. My reasoning is my own, and I can't go into all of the detail here. But for now, I feel that I should continue with it. I can feel myself getting closer to perhaps not needing it in the near future, but for now I do. The breakfast is mainly a way to get back some calories from exercise, a plank omitted from the OMAD platform. (rightfully so, due to a myriad of reasons explained by AS in other posts)

I have to do some exercise for a part-time job I have, and it is not negotiable. So, that's where I am at for now. My weight has quit spiking up and down, and so have my moods. Those things may not be important to everyone, but they sure are to me. The first time I did OMAD, I didn't have these issues, I don't know why. It may be that as I continue to lose weight, that I will no longer be reliant on a "helper" in the morning to get through, but for now I do.

I say all of this so as to not misrepresent what I am doing. OMAD really is awesome, and I truly believe it is best thing out there for rapid, consistent weight loss. Right now, I am just not able to do it without significant problems. Thank you all for reading and encouraging, you are the best. I plan to be on "real" OMAD soon, but that will be determined as I go.

Michael

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Hey, bud, whatever works. I'm glad you are designing a derivation of OMAD that works easier for you. But you are not the first. Several of the guys at BLF have added in a small dinner or breakfast to accommodate their activities. No shame in that at all. You might choose to stay with it, or you might march ahead. You have to live with yourself either way. And by hacking out a good move, you are accomplishing what you need to. You know your needs and the particulars in a way that we can't, so kudos for that.
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We all have the same goal here, do what you need to do to reach yours. No one is here to judge and you have nothing to be ashamed of.
  • blambo61
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't do a strict OMAD diet but have a 3hr eating window which I think is necessary for me. I lose slower this way but it is sustainable for me. Do what works. I think we all can see how the fasting for a period of time is beneficial. I have a day/desk job which is ideal for the OMAD type diet. If I had an active job moving around and/or a rotating shift job, that might be a lot harder for me and I might have to adjust a little.
  • M_Foote
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hey, bud, whatever works.
    Lipka1le wrote: »
    We all have the
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I don't do a strict OMAD diet

I'm clear on all points. My primary reasoning for sharing that I was toying around with a modified plan was to head off any future criticism concerning my loss. NOT from the people already here, but rather those who drop by to not pick everything that does not fall exactly in line with their notion of "proper" eating behavior. AS knows what I am talking about, I have seen him put some people in their place.

Just trying to be as transparent as possible while on this journey. You guys are the best, and the support on this forum is just fantastic.

Got called in to do an emergency fire watch as soon as I got home, so a 36hour batch of awesome today/tonight/tomorrow... Lol

Right across from a McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Wendy's.... Must. Stay. Strong. :wink:
  • blambo61
    Options
    That is funny
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Agree with what everyone else said, do what works for you Michael....its the only way to go. :);)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    M_Foote wrote: »
    Hey, bud, whatever works.
    Lipka1le wrote: »
    We all have the
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I don't do a strict OMAD diet

I'm clear on all points. My primary reasoning for sharing that I was toying around with a modified plan was to head off any future criticism concerning my loss. NOT from the people already here, but rather those who drop by to not pick everything that does not fall exactly in line with their notion of "proper" eating behavior. AS knows what I am talking about, I have seen him put some people in their place.

Just trying to be as transparent as possible while on this journey. You guys are the best, and the support on this forum is just fantastic.

Got called in to do an emergency fire watch as soon as I got home, so a 36hour batch of awesome today/tonight/tomorrow... Lol

Right across from a McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Wendy's.... Must. Stay. Strong. :wink:

Tsk, tsk....I worry about your lack of sleep, bud.

I just laid down the law not last week with a fellow ops manager on my availability to handle territory management. I agreed to swap to nights, but not nights and days. I notice a difference in my health, as I've been drifting back and forth this year and coming inward, which got me sick, I think (in addition to the working out too much). And it's a fact that lack of sleep screws up melatonin levels, which screws with insulin production, which, in turn, puts on weight.

I'd advise getting that in strict guidelines and get at least 7 hours a night consistently, man. You gotta think of you first.
  • M_Foote
    Options

Tsk, tsk....I worry about your lack of sleep, bud.

I just laid down the law not last week with a fellow ops manager on my availability to handle territory management. I agreed to swap to nights, but not nights and days. I notice a difference in my health, as I've been drifting back and forth this year and coming inward, which got me sick, I think (in addition to the working out too much). And it's a fact that lack of sleep screws up melatonin levels, which screws with insulin production, which, in turn, puts on weight.

I'd advise getting that in strict guidelines and get at least 7 hours a night consistently, man. You gotta think of you first.

Yessir, I notice the same. It usually takes a couple days for me to recover from such antics. . .

Up a pound today, probably because of the aforementioned sleep pattern. .

• M_Foote
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't get it. 324.2 for two days in a row. Sunday wasn't awesome, but I only ate once. Two ham and cheese sandwiches and two bowls of tomato soup.

Saturday was worse, I ate three times. I had two egg McMuffins for breakfast, a Big Mac meal for lunch, and a half dozen wings for supper. BUT, I worked clearing trees all day! Dragging brush, hoisting logs, running hither and yon; it's a BRUTAL workout. . . . And I did it for ten hours. . . And then worked all night Saturday night/Sunday morning.

I don't get it.

I did not go rucking this morning, so no breakfast, just dinner today.

3hmszvtm1i5a.jpg
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Water weight, perhaps? Hang in there. We are all rooting for you.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    I really suggest only weighing once a week, the body fluctuates sooo much......... otherwise it will do your head in Mike.....(been there done that, no fun!! )