Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club! Lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yay, I could drink 10 a day! I don't drink coffee so I use chocolate protein powder or sugar free cocoa instead :+1:
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    It totally is. I used to be heavy on the powdered creamer and sugar, as is my son. I made a batch this morning and he drank it down with no added sugar and enjoyed it. I love it, it's so thick and filling.
    At first I read and thought "who the hell puts butter and coconut oil in coffee?! Sounds gross" but the texture is amazing.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Bulletproof coffee really IS delicious.

+1

My reaction as well. Delicious and filling. I had full fat sour cream today after manyyears of the lite. Now I remember why people use it, delicious!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Being brave tomorrow... I have grass fed unsalted butter, coconut oil and some freshly ground blue mountain Jamaican arabica coffee ready. Thinking 1T coconut oil and 2T butter in 1 mug of coffee.

I have been having hot chocolate variety with HWC but I have never tried butter nor oil in a drink- sounds nuts!! Still feeling nervous and I hope my mix of butter and oil works ok. Hopefully I end up in another "believer".
  • niecey61
    niecey61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree it is delicious but I can't lose as fast drinking it!!!!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've been doing no coffee just water with cocoa powder oil butter cinnamon cayenne. I have a hot cocoa maker to make it in which gets to the perfect temperature.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Being brave tomorrow... I have grass fed unsalted butter, coconut oil and some freshly ground blue mountain Jamaican arabica coffee ready. Thinking 1T coconut oil and 2T butter in 1 mug of coffee.

I have been having hot chocolate variety with HWC but I have never tried butter nor oil in a drink- sounds nuts!! Still feeling nervous and I hope my mix of butter and oil works ok. Hopefully I end up in another "believer".

Make sure to blend it well with a hand immersion blender

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I have to say that I kind of enjoyed the crazy looks I was getting this morning as I was in the hospital cafeteria, confidently adding the butter I found over by the rolls to my coffee. Lol
    I'm pretty sure most of the nurses were thinking I would need to be admitted myself!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

I whipped it to a frenzy in my blender and the fat emulsified into the coffee, definitely doing it again tomorrow. It would be a yummy way to do hot chocolate too, with one's non-sugar sweetener of choice and some non-dairy low carb milk-like substance.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try a true BPC. I haven't put anything more than hwc in my coffee, so far. I have ordered some mct oil and plan to try one after it comes in! I've heard its good from most people here who do though, and want to try it!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I have yet to try a true BPC. I haven't put anything more than hwc in my coffee, so far. I have ordered some mct oil and plan to try one after it comes in! I've heard its good from most people here who do though, and want to try it!

I used to add MCT and HWC only. I didn't add butter to keep the calories down. But then I was out of HWC one day and added butter in its place. That was the end of the HWC for me! I like it better with butter and no cream, which I'm very surprised to say because I certainly did love the cream before! I actually feel like it's creamier and richer now. I use 1/2Tbs of each MCT and butter (oddly, I prefer salted butter too) and I have two 12oz cups of coffee with that every morning.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've started using butter and coconut oil in my coffee and I'm pretty impressed! I use my shaker bottle to emulsify it and usually just drink it straight out of that! Just have to pop the lid once in the middle of shaking so it doesn't explode open! LOL It keeps me a lot fuller than I thought it would!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Bulletproof coffee really IS delicious.

LOL :D It took me almost 3 months before I would try it. It sounded too weird. It also took me too long to increase my sododium so I felt poorly for too long when I started.... They're usually right, aren't they? LOL

To be honest, I still haven't tried butter in coffee. I use coconut oil and HWC or coconut cream. I probably should try it one of these days. ;)
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Have yet to try BPC because of time of day (caffeine) & being a purest in being in a fasted state. I just don't have enough kcals to spare into liquids.

If it works, it works
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked it!
    (I've mentioned this here before but I liked it the first 2-3 times I tried it and then just totally lost my taste for it. The fourth time I choked it down and the fifth time I took a couple sips and then just dumped it out and poured a new cup of coffee with just HWC.)
    I really would like to start liking coconut oil again.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Have you tried the refined oil that has no coconut taste, or mct oil?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the refined oil that has no coconut taste, or mct oil?

I haven't yet. Maybe I should try the MCT oil.
    Ironically I still love the taste of coconut in other forms, e.g. coconut flakes or coconut butter. Maybe I overdid it on the coconut oil stuff at first (fat bombs, etc.).
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Yeah maybe too much overload of coconut, I did that with avocado in the beginning, I ate one everyday for like two weeks, then the thought of it turned my stomach, I'm just now finding a taste fur them again.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I use the mct oil because I can't stomach the coconut oil taste in my coffee. Sometimes I add chocolate protein powder and it's mocha like!