You were right, I was wrong

Options

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    MilllieMoo wrote: »
    I feel queasy at the very thought of it! :/

It took me months to try it because of that.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Okay, okay, tomorrow I give it a try. I recently discovered I really like grilled cheese sandwiches made out of cauliflower, so who am I to scoff?
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    For a mug of coffee how much CO and butter are you using? I used 7g CO to 15g butter but am considering doubling that. I felt hungry by lunch time and would like to stretch that full feeling by adding more but want it to still taste ok. Thxs
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I put 1/2 tsp of mct oil in my coffee, with hwc! First time for anything more than just hwc. I'm just lazy about pulling out the blenders to mix (something else to clean, anyway!) it! I really liked the feel of the oil on my lips, and it didn't change the taste! I had to fast for lab work this morning, then had this after getting home, around 8:30, and I'm not yet hungry! The oil could work as a prep for a, um, colonoscopy too! Just sayin! May go with a 1/4 tsp tomorrow! Lol!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    For about 20 oz coffee, I use 30 g ( 1 oz) butter and 1 Tbsp MCT oil.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 10 g of each butter and co, 10 ml half and half, 3 g cocoa powder, half scoop protein powder, dash or cinnamon and cayenne pepper, 1 packet monk fruit in the raw. It's delicious!
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do you use a Splenda or other sweetener? For my 20 oz tervis coffee cup, I use 3 T hwc and a Splenda packet. Maybe I should try butter instead? Oh, what is mct?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Mct is a concentrated coconut oil. Some use it in coffee instead of regular coconut oil. Supposed to boost ketone production and energy. Is good, but use sparingly at first!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Mct is a concentrated coconut oil. Some use it in coffee instead of regular coconut oil. Supposed to boost ketone production and energy. Is good, but use sparingly at first!

yep, I can definitely feel the increased energy when I have MCT oil compared to coconut oil, which gives me no noticeable oomph.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I switched to MCT after doing some research into the differences. I do notice more mental energy with it as compared to coconut oil.
    I actually began treating my 17 year old's ADHD with MCT, in addition to supplements she was already taking and it wasn't until that addition that she started to feel the difference. She wanted to get off meds. There has actually been an improvement in her grades at school for the first time in years. Even more than prescription meds ever helped her achieve.
    I have her taking 1Tbs MCT mixed with Pb2 for flavor, krill oil, high dose vitamin C and magnesium every morning.
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1 tbs MCT, 1 tbs unsalted butter, 1 egg yolk, sweetener of choice if desired and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Hot coffee milkshake! Nom nom nom......
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hm I was thinking I had updated in here (maybe it was a different thread) but for anyone else who has a hard time stomaching BPC, try starting small. This week I've been putting in 0.5 Tbsp coconut oil and 25-30 or so ml of HWC, with a splash of SF mocha syrup (I'll try cocoa powder next time) and I like it so much better! I'm not sure if I'll add the butter back in (and I haven't found kerrygold yet in my local stores) but I'm liking this version!

Also, maybe it's coincidence, but so far on this WOE I seem to have up to a week of weight loss and then stall for a bit. Previously it was having 1-2 lower carb/cal days that would get it going again, but the day after I started adding the coconut oil to my coffee every morning, the weight started coming off again.
  • disaberry
    disaberry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    CMYKRGB wrote: »
    lithezebra wrote: »
    Bulletproof coffee really IS delicious.

Yes! And add a tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and
    thank me later! YOU'RE WELCOME! =)

Wow that sounds great! @CMYKRGB
    What is the "full Monty" so to speak, for the ultimate BPC?
    My MCT oil arrives tomorrow (have regular now), I have organic pastured butter, cinnamon, organic Dagoba Cocoa, Truvia or Xylitol... Then blend in coffee. Also HWC. Am I missing anything?

Mmmmmm
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I don't like sweetners in my BPC. I stick with the original recipe, kerrygold, MCT oil, coffee. Although if you want to go really decadent, add a square of 90% chocolate. Mmmmm.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee, it makes me gag so what is the hot chocolate option about? Presumably not regular cadburys??? HELP!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    also what is HWC?
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    beccyleigh wrote: »
    also what is HWC?

heavy whipping cream
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    MCT is more convenient for me with the at work solution. If I can't make it until lunch or feeling the 3pm munchies coming on, 1.5 Tbs in coffee or tea keeps me going strong. I don't crave sweeteners, but I will substitute cinnamon, almond or vanilla extract if needed.

I love what @lithezebra wrote: "It's for, um, research purposes, to see how long it takes me to get hungry, or at least I'm telling myself that to make not eating more fun."

Playing the research and experimentation game has gone a long way in keeping my motivation and diligence going. Fun stuff.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    beccyleigh wrote: »
    I don't drink coffee, it makes me gag so what is the hot chocolate option about? Presumably not regular cadburys??? HELP!

I don't like coffee either, I replace it with chocolate protein powder or sugar free cacao
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Word to the wise, do not forget it in a to-go cup in your vehicle. Mine sat there since Tuesday and OMG GROSS!!!!!!! There wasn't much left but it was pretty nasty, half frozen, separated...just don't do it.