You were right, I was wrong

Options

Replies

• beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I adjusted the cacao powder to 1 tsp and added 5gr 80% green and black dark chocolate. 1 tbsp coconut oil, 3/4 tblsp kerry gold, 8 tsp double cream, half tsp vanilla and it was much better. Nearly delicious lol
    I will cut double cream next time as it is over 600 cals with that much cream.
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    I love this stuff, I have perfected the balance & basically I need no cacao powder as the 85% dark chocolate gives it enough taste & the oils & butter make it really rich & creamy.

I drank one on my morning commute today & I know it sounds odd but I can feel the fat melting off me.

I lost 4lbs over 2 weeks by cutting back on carbs but after 3 days of bpc (choc) I have lost another 3lbs. amazing
  • WhatLouAte
    WhatLouAte Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have one each morning, 15g of butter and 10g coconut oil and 1/4tsp of Losalt, yum!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I put butter in mine yesterday for the first time! Omg!!! So good! Hubby tried some in his just coffee too and really liked it! Uh oh! The butter budget just went up, lol!!! I have ordered a brother too. The immersion blender works great at mixing, but not so well at keeping the liquids in the mixing cup! I even tried only filling the cup to half full, and it still overflowed! What a mess! So, a brother is now on the way to my house! :smiley:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I put butter in mine yesterday for the first time! Omg!!! So good! Hubby tried some in his just coffee too and really liked it! Uh oh! The butter budget just went up, lol!!! I have ordered a brother too. The immersion blender works great at mixing, but not so well at keeping the liquids in the mixing cup! I even tried only filling the cup to half full, and it still overflowed! What a mess! So, a brother is now on the way to my house! :smiley:

I have a giant cup like you get from the movies when you buy souvenir one that I use. lol
    Spider-Man helps me mix my Keto coffee every morning!
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    I use my nutribullet & use the travel mug so I can take it out the door with me on my commute.

Do you guys have it every day for breakfast? I think I can manage 4 days a week but do miss poached eggs for brekkie lol
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I use a tall glass jar to blend my BPC with my immersion blender. That way it doesn't spill. Then I pour it in my mug to drink.

Actually, I have another trick. I blend half of the coffee I want to drink, with the butter and MCT oil. Then I pour half of that amount in my mug and top it up with fresh hot coffee. The rest goes into my insulated travel mug with more fresh hot coffee. I find it stays hot longer. I warm my travel mug up first with hot water, that keeps it even hotter.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I use my 4 cup measuring cup to blend my BPC works like a charm :)
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Does anyone keep their BPC warm in a thermos? I've been drinking one each morning with double cream in place of butter but I'm thinking of making a second cup to bring to work for lunchtime (I have to eat at my desk if I want to squeeze in a gym trip at lunchtime, I'm thinking a liquid lunch might be easier), I'm just not sure how well it will hold together if I keep it warm for 4 hours. I mix it in my blender so it makes a really good emulsion but I don't know how long it lasts because I love the flavour so I've never let it sit around for long!
  • mao1962
    mao1962 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just getting started with BPC. I' m using a little coconut oil and HWC. Based on the suggestions in this thread, I will wait to add in the butter until I get a hand immersion blender.
    By the by, this is my first post, I have been lurking about for about a month. I thank everyone for the great info.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome @mao1962! It's great to have you with us!!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    LuizH wrote: »
    Does anyone keep their BPC warm in a thermos? I've been drinking one each morning with double cream in place of butter but I'm thinking of making a second cup to bring to work for lunchtime (I have to eat at my desk if I want to squeeze in a gym trip at lunchtime, I'm thinking a liquid lunch might be easier), I'm just not sure how well it will hold together if I keep it warm for 4 hours. I mix it in my blender so it makes a really good emulsion but I don't know how long it lasts because I love the flavour so I've never let it sit around for long!

My cup with lid keeps warm for 20 to 30mins until I am at work but much longer than that and the oil forms blobs on top. Rapid shaking or stirring helps but can get ugly. Maybe your thermos might keep it hotter. Perhaps try n shake then carefully open n try it out then report back

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    mao1962 wrote: »
    Hi all, just getting started with BPC. I' m using a little coconut oil and HWC. Based on the suggestions in this thread, I will wait to add in the butter until I get a hand immersion blender.
    By the by, this is my first post, I have been lurking about for about a month. I thank everyone for the great info.

Honestly, the butter mixes in quite well without a blender but apparently immersing it releases something special in it... I'll have to find that chapter in the book I read it in... But it's the oil that floats on top without blending.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    beccyleigh wrote: »
    I use my nutribullet & use the travel mug so I can take it out the door with me on my commute.

Do you guys have it every day for breakfast? I think I can manage 4 days a week but do miss poached eggs for brekkie lol

I have it every day. But I've always been someone that never ate breakfast and only had coffee anyway. So it's nothing new to me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I was happy to learn this morning that my blender bottle did a good job of making mine all smooth and creamy instead of coffee-with-oil-slicks. (I use just coconut oil and HWC.) Quicker and easier than using the actual blender!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    My problem is I've always liked my coffee black w/o ANYTHING to adulterate it. It still sounds gross to me, but then again I don't like butter (and, like @macchiato, coconut flavour is fine in anything else but not in my beloved coffee). I can't see myself choking this down - the only way I like butter is in hot buttered rum, but I know THAT'S not LC. Maybe in a broth... one day (when there is absolutely nothing else in the fridge).
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    pt5qlrcspc8k.jpeg

Whoohoo! I took the plunge! I whipped up a BPC this morning with 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. It was delicious :smiley:

I used an organic cold-pressed coconut oil with a strong coconut flavour, because I love coconut and it added tasted great. Don't think I want to switch to MCT and lose that and have to add artificial flavour.

I will try the suggestion @Kitnthecat provided next time and top up with fresh coffee. I like my coffee blistering hot and this was too cool.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

I will try the suggestion @Kitnthecat provided next time and top up with fresh coffee. I like my coffee blistering hot and this was too cool.

I preheat my blender by filling it hot water and letting it sit while I brew the coffee.

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    My problem is I've always liked my coffee black w/o ANYTHING to adulterate it. It still sounds gross to me, but then again I don't like butter (and, like @macchiato, coconut flavour is fine in anything else but not in my beloved coffee). I can't see myself choking this down - the only way I like butter is in hot buttered rum, but I know THAT'S not LC. Maybe in a broth... one day (when there is absolutely nothing else in the fridge).

Lucky you! You can have your coffee black, and have your fat in other foods.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea too @lithezebra I think if I do that along with the hot top-up and let my butter come up to room temp before blending, my coffee would be closer to the blistering burn I like :smile: