After finding my TDEE, I'm considering a slow cut - thoughts/feedback?

Options

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Jenn - I just dropped 2 1/2 pounds, thats about 4 total this week - even below my pre vacation weigh in. Our bodies are weird! My loss may not stick around but I think I am on the right track as far as getting back up to tdee.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    wow - that's awesome @saranharm ! way to go and yes bodies are weird!
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    wow - that's awesome @saranharm ! way to go and yes bodies are weird!

Those 2 1/2 pounds are back so yes, bodies are weird! Lol!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    So I made it back to the gym yesterday after a bit of a break - It felt so good! I think was getting overwhelmed by my changing priorities over the last few weeks with wedding planning, working on our business (including a 3 day trip 6 hours away - lots of driving) and then stress at the job as well. No excuses and I think I did well eating close to TDEE and trying to keep my protein up as much as possible. I ended up gaining maybe a pound or so which isn't a big deal for me.

Yesterday's workout included Deadlifts (hit a new PR 155# x2), Leg Press, Leg Curl, Leg Extensions, Bench Press (these felt weak) as well as a little bit of tricep work.

Back at it today too :)
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    We can't do it all! The breaks are nice. Do you feel more ready for everything after the break?
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Amazing PR's! Breaks are excellent, for me they always give me a big boost to go back to my own routine.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Those breaks with a return stronger is always interesting to see just how far below total recovery the normal routine must actually be, no matter how it feels at the time.

Gives new meaning to the ability of thinking you are giving it your all while in a certain state during those times.

Until you are outside of that state and can compare, usually no idea, since so much is subjective.

Great increase in PR's.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    A break is so good for the body, mind and soul.
    You've got such a lot going on. Taking a break was just the right thing to do.
    And LOVE those new PR's! Awesome!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    saranharm wrote: »
    We can't do it all! The breaks are nice. Do you feel more ready for everything after the break?

I definitely do feel like I'm more ready to dive into a routine of sorts now. I'm ready to crush some PR's and challenge myself more than I have in awhile! I'm going to give myself more grace and be patient with myself but I'll push myself when I feel I can handle it too!

Thanks everyone for your feedback! It's great to have a support system on here!!

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Proof that making small changes over time do really add up - I'm down 10.5 lbs since the beginning of January with 6 of those pounds being lost in the last 2-3 months. My biggest NSV is how my clothes are fitting though - I love being able to put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and not having to worry about wearing a jacket over top.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Jennifer you you got this completely right! Things add up overtime. I am so happy to hear about all the changes you have been noticing. Excellent NSV's, way better that whatever the scale may say.

Consistency is the key in this process and you have been nailing it week after week.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Awesome girl!!!!

Why do you think you've been successful lately? Just curious.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    saranharm wrote: »
    Awesome girl!!!!

Why do you think you've been successful lately? Just curious.

Thank you @saranharm I think I've found a good balance in eating at a deficit during the week and loosening up on the weekends to eat closer to my TDEE or just under so I can feel like I'm not missing out on anything. My workouts are structured but not rigid and it seems to be working. I'm having less issues with sticking to my meals and set snacks and it's showing up.

I had another NSV today actually - my boss noticed that I've lost weight too!

I tried on my wedding dress on Friday and I have a little bit more room to slim down in my midsection before the wedding too so that allowed me some good motivation as I wasn't sure if I could lose anymore weight without having the dress fall off of me. That's a win!

4 and a bit more months!

• TerezaToledo
    Options
    @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Yes, finding a balance that works for you is the way to go! You found out a way of eating that is sustainable for you and allow you to enjoy life, look the way you want and feel good! WTG!!! Like I always say, you can have the cake and eat it too.

I am sure that dress already looks amazing on you and you will wow everyone on the wedding day!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Love reading this update!
    It's amazing when we (sorry to use an over used cliche) trust the process that things really do start happening.
    Just relaxing into it and finding a way that fits into our lifestyles, not stressing about it is a recipe for success!
    Well done!
    Ichel
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Very true @empressichel! Thank you to you and @TerezaToledo
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Awesome update! Cant wait to see that dress on you!

Sometimes its not something you have recently done that makes a difference.. its a compound effect from months of being consistent that lead to a drop in lbs, or a change in inches or whatnot..Weight loss/Fat loss/Inches lost are not all linear.. so sometimes it can seem like nothing is happening, and them BOOM.. a big drop..

Enjoy it! Keep going!
    Kelly
  • jerilynconn
    Options
    Raynn1 wrote: »
    Awesome update! Cant wait to see that dress on you!

Sometimes its not something you have recently done that makes a difference.. its a compound effect from months of being consistent that lead to a drop in lbs, or a change in inches or whatnot..Weight loss/Fat loss/Inches lost are not all linear.. so sometimes it can seem like nothing is happening, and them BOOM.. a big drop..

Enjoy it! Keep going!
    Kelly

Good reminder. I never even thought of that @Raynn1
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    And the interesting is that most of the time the changes that we have been waiting for so long just sneak upon us. We keep looking for them and they seem to never co e, but then, one day you wake up and noticed that something happened. The small things we do everyday matter more than bigger things we do here and there.

Tereza
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    So I've been a bit MIA since my last post but I wanted to let you all know that I'm officially married....and I thought I'd share me in my dress. Sending much love to all of you that have helped me on my journey. I can't wait to keep pushing myself in the gym on my lifts and body composition. I felt beautiful in my dress and was able to dance the night away...even in my heels!

96974kcu7b1v.jpg