Quzzdragon's Weight-Loss

Options

Replies

• Quzzdragon12
    Quzzdragon12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fourth of July madness over - I feel like I could sleep for a year. Haha!

I was good for almost the whole weekend up until the Fourth. Food came out and I didn't track, didn't pay attention, and just picked up one of everything. I know I didn't track everything on my journal yesterday, but it doesn't matter. I went WAY over. Time to get back on track.

Unfortunately, while I was gone my Garmin ran out of charge. Happened late last night so I thought it wouldn't be a big deal - just go home and charge it. This morning it says it's full, but now it's not behaving correctly. The screen won't turn on, or once it's on it won't turn off. It won't switch screens. It doesn't tell me how much I've walked, the time's wrong... I think it's completely busted. I haven't even had this thing for a year and it's already gone wrong. I'm really frustrated - it was a great motivator for me to get up and move and walk, and now it's gone. And right after I got it working with MFP too. *sigh* I'd love to get this fixed or get a new one, but money money money. And if it's going to break after losing charge once, we're going to have a problem. I'm notorious for forgetting to charge my electronics. :innocent: oops hehee.

I did get a chance to help out with "making hay" on Sunday. I drove the tractor while hubby and his dad lifted bales onto it. Then hubby and I got in the loft of the barn while his dad tossed bales up, then we picked up the bales and stored them properly. Lots of lifting of 40+ lb bales. Good exercise, very tiring, and I'm still sore :tongue:. I didn't know we were going to do this, so I was wearing shorts and a tank top - meaning my legs and arms are now COVERED in small scratches from the hay. Oh well - I'll heal. Still. The soreness really makes me not want to go to the gym. Combined with the loss of my step tracker/reminder, I'm really feeling a lack of motivation.

My goal right now is to stick to my calorie goals. If I can do that, I can still lose the weight I want. If I go to the gym, that's a plus, and the more walking I do, the better. At this point, I'll take baby steps though.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and is on to a great week!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My mother has a horse farm and I get to help with hay at least once a year - it is a challenging workout!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good 4th. That sucks about your Garmin though! Is it under warranty? Hopefully it is and you can get it fixed.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Nice work on the bailing @Quzzdragon12. I am really starting to enjoy the physical labor style of working out.
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    Unfortunately it isn't under warranty. I'm considering buying a different activity tracker, but I don't really have the money to spend on a name-brand and all of the off-brand ones don't sync with MFP. That's fine, not preferable, but fine. They're also off-brand so the likelihood of them being not very good is pretty high. :grimace:
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Activity trackers are not my area so I can't even recommend one for you but I hope whichever one you pick last a while!
  • 50extra
    Options
    @Quzzdragon12 message me in two weeks. I bought a non brand name one months ago and never even too it out of the box. Remind me to look for it and if I find it you can have it. I don't remember the name of it, I bought it off of Kickstarter.
  • 50extra
    Options
    HAHAHA I just went on Kickstarter to see what the tracker was called and I read the reviews and apparently its complete crap.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2067223635/trasense-movement-the-smartest-daily-tracker-for-u/comments

Either way, I can still send it to you if you want to try it.
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    That is so sweet of you @50extra but it turns out when I thought it wasn't under warranty it IS! So confusing. I read that it wasn't, but today I called them just to make sure and it turns out it is. AND they have this problem all of the time. So I had three options: 1) refund; 2) replacement; 3) replace with an upgraded model for FREE. So... yeah. Getting a Garmin Vivosmart HR in a few weeks! Super excited. :)

Meanwhile, been lazy. Heading to the gym to make up for my laziness.
  • 50extra
    Options
    Alrighty, figured I'd offer
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    Went to the gym! Woo! Tired today. Looking forward to a nice lazy weekend. Have a great one everyone!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Quzzdragon12 Hope you have a great weekend as well!
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    Having one of those weeks. I haven't bothered tracking my food because I know I've been so over calories that it isn't even funny. I'm worried that when I weigh in on Saturday I'll be 10 pounds heavier because I just can't seem to get my head back in the game. I want to blame a lot of different things, but really I just went with it once I knew I'd gone over and said "well, might as well." :disappointed: Such a huge step backwards....

But that stops today. I made more breakfast quiches last night to help. I'm going back to my goal of not eating any snacks provided by work and limiting my other snacking as well. Whenever I feel the need to snack, I'm going to drink a whole glass (16 oz cup I keep at work) of water first and walk for a bit. Then, if I still want a snack, I'll allow one of the ones I brought from home.

I might have messed up tremendously the last few days, but today's a new day. Gotta keep reminding myself that just because I messed up once, doesn't mean I have to keep messing up. I will lose the weight from this mistake along with the last 10 pounds of my goal. I will do this! :persevere:
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan in place and you can do this!
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    Took the Garmin out for a spin at the gym last night - worked like a dream. Recorded my workout and was accurate in my heart rate recording (at least according to the bike - who know's how accurate it is?). Definitely pushing and getting my heart rate up to where it should be. Yay!

I've been MUCH better this week than last week. Getting back on track and I'm going to kick these last few pound's butt!

Nothing much else going on. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Yay for the Garmin working!
    Way to go on having a better week!
    Hope you enjoy your weekend!
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your new Garmin is working. I really love mine. My guard in the band fell off at the airport while I was on my way to Oregon. The Garmin fell off my wrist. I ordered new bands that are like regular watch bands. Love them!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one here having problems. I have promised my daughter I would try to get healthier. So I'm back. Walked today even in the heat and humidity. I like Oregon weather better. Oh well Kentucky is what it is.
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    Lottie - I'm glad you could get a new band. Which type of Garmin do you have? My bands aren't interchangeable on the Vivosmart HR, but it comes with a watch-like band. And it's blue. Win-win. :)

Yeah.... I've been away for a while, but I've still been tracking. I've gotten very lax in my counting though, and I can feel the weight creeping back on. I'm a little scared to step on that scale. I really need to up my resolve and lose the weight I've gained plus a little. I think it's hard because I'm so close to my goal. Close enough that I'm considering stopping. I'm at a healthy weight. I feel better than ever. But sometimes I still feel bloated or muffin-top-y. I'd really love to lose that last 10 pounds, but I keep slipping. Again, need to work on my resolve. Doesn't help that my family, friends, and husband all say, "You don't need to lose more - you look great!" Hard to restrict what I'm eating when they say that.

So.... sorry I was away. *hugs to all!*
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Quzzdragon12 Glad you're back! =) You can do this! HUGS
  • Quzzdragon12
    Options
    So I swallowed my fear and stepped on the scale - up 5 pounds. *sigh*

So... here we go again.