February - Leaping through those workouts!

Options
kimiuzzell
kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
So...hope no one minds me starting this month's thread off.

Today I lifted before work.

SQ 5X5 @67.5KGS First time I've got all five full sets :smile:
BP 5X5 @40KGS
Row 5X5 @42.5kgs

Plus 5x5 goblet squats 12kg kettlebell
3x8 overhead tricep extension @12kg

Happy heavy February, ladies!!

Replies

• Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Still going strong on my return - this is week 3 for me and so far, so good. Moving on up the weights pretty quickly, so that was encouraging. I must not of wimpied down too much LOL.

Squats: 2x5x45lb ~ 5x5x90lb
    Bench: 5x5x60lb
    Row: 5x5x60lb

I had to fly through it quickly this morning because I was lazy and didn't get my bum out of bed. I cut my rest in half during bench/row - they're still feeling really light to me so it wasn't bad. I need to focus on getting out of bed more than anything, though, because when these feel heavy they take longer!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Looks good to me.

Last night I did yoga for an hour. Tried out a basic Hatha class. Still not sure on it so might need to try it a few times to give it a fair assessment.

In a while, I'll go do upper hypertrophy and maybe run. We'll see.
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I did my day-off kettlebell swings last night, then tonight it was back to the gym.

Squats: 5x5 @ 76.5 kg
    Bench: 3x5 @ 32.5 kg 2x5 @ 35 kg
    Row: 5x4 @ 22kg dumbbells. I didn't seem to have the usual strength in this, failed at 4 reps every time!

Chin ups: 5 then 3

• christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Last night's session
    Front squat 2x5 32.5,3x5 35,40,3x3 45 and 50 kg :D all to depth needed a longer rest between heavier sets
    Rack pull instead of DL 2x10 50kg something not geling at moment
    Leg press 1x10 60,70,75 3x5 80 OMG it was tough but I got there
    Leg extensions 3x15 12.5 kg
    Hammy curls 3c15 12.5kg struggled tonight poor wee legs didn't want to do these
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 65/75/85/95/105/115/120, 5X5X 122
    Sumo squats-5X5X107
    BP 1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    OHP - 1X5X45/60, 5X5X 55
    BR - 5X5X 80
    DL-1X5X1 35
  • awkwardsoul
    awkwardsoul Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Deload week and I need it. I still feel last week's reps to failure work in some wicked doms and overall achey tiredness. My eating has been harder to control too, derp.

Untamed Strength

Monday
    Squats 1x5 45/45/75/95/115lbs
    Globlet Squats 5x15 35lbs

Tuesday
    Bench 1x5 45/45/50/65/75lbs
    Assisted dips
    Pendlay Rows 3x5 95lbs
    Shrugs 3x8 95lbs
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Today went okay. I did a mid afternoon lifting/cardio session since the small gym is not busy at those times. One guy was there in the beginning, then a woman took a gym tour but it wasn't until the end of my cardio that we got up to 5 people at one time in there. Good news is the cage works okay for incline bench. I did fail one rep and it's been enough that I am wondering if the bar weighs a little more at this one. Cause squats were a little more challenging there than at 24 hour too, but the seated row is easier in the small one. Weird. I wasn't up for the cardio so just did 30 minutes instead of the hour long run that I'd like to be doing. Going to switch long runs to Friday soon so I can start doing it outside and increase the time with hopes of being at 1.5 hours before starting to train for half-marathon.

68 - Upper Hypertrophy

10 minutes on elliptical warm up
    incline bench 2x7, 1x6, 1x7 @ 80 - slight fail on the third set but not bad otherwise. Practicing using the safety bars and all...
    db fly 4x10 @ 25
    one db row 4x8 @ 40 - increased finally
    seated row 4x8 @ 90 - easier at this gym though I have to stand to reach the handles then maneuver back as it's super heavy then but becomes manageable when doing the lift.
    lat rai3 4x10 @ 12.5 - I found the smaller fractional dumbbells, woot. They are in the small classroom.
    preacher bicep curls 4x8 @ ez curl bar + 10 - I can't sit cause the seat doesn't go high enough but giving this a try as we don't have a small bar cable attachement
    face pull 4x10 @ 60
    tri ext 4x10 @ 80

30 minute run plus warm up and cool down walks

Working mid-shift tomorrow so lower hypertrophy will be around 7 pm at the small gym and coworker might come too as she's a member at the one closer to where we live. Which has a flat bench so I'll be doing power upper body days there once I can go in on my own (have to be a member for a month then can use any of their gyms).
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    ooooo, nice thread title.

non-specific workout a-ish at non-regular gym. i never did get in the rack, so there's that.

ohp: 5lb increases 30lb up to 55. i was going to try 60 but needed the rack to do that, which i didn't get. so i never did that. actually i used the women's bar, so maybe it was 35 up to 60, dk. i always assumed that that shorter bar weighs 30 pounds.

deadlift, same bar. sets of 5 with 25s, 35s, 45s and then 45s plus 5s and then 45s plus 10s. someone else do the math; it's either 140 or 145 i believe.

squat: nothing much, form fiddling. never got the rack but i did do a lot of air work with just the broomstick and/or those padded weight sticks. still trying not to initiate by just letting my pelvis flop forward, still trying to stop that from happening when i'm at half parallel . . . basically, still working on squats. hip/tfl still okay, but not ready to try it with weight as i don't know which form mistake made that happen.

brought my summer bike down off the shelf and put the winter bike up today. prematurely i'm sure, but w/e. i rode it up to the gas station for air and it's really nice anyway.
  • kimiuzzell
    edited February 2016
    Options
    SL/ICF rest day for me today so did 15 mins of kettlebells at home before work.

5x5 goblet squats
    10x10 kettlebell swings

all with 8kg bell as that is the heaviest I have at home. I will be keeping my eyes open for a heavier one soonish.
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My back is feeling OK but I'm being cautious and skipped squats tonight. I was supposed to play basketball but the opposition forfeited so I did a mix of other stuff as well.

BP: 5x5 at 28.5kg
    BR: 5x5 at 35kg

Decided to start the kettlebell program @fanncy0626 posted. I'm using a 16kg kettlebell.

3x5 goblet squats
    10x7 kettlebell swings
    Added in a chin-up after each swing set.

Finished with 20mins running with some sprints thrown in.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kimiuzzell & ninenines - you're going to love the tightening of your abs! Take measurements and pictures.
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Ha, I love how we've all joined you in the kettlebells, @fanncy0626 !

I'm just going to do 5x5 squats and 10x10 swings, rather than follow the programme - just keep it simple so I don't have to think.

I need a heavier kettlebell too, @kimiuzzell, but I have to figure out how to get it: I can't just go and buy a 16kg lump of metal and carry it home :smile: I'll have to get a taxi, I think (no car).

Maybe online is best. I ordered the 12kg online and the postman refused to carry it up to the third floor!!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    :)
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Ariadnula wrote: »
    just keep it simple so I don't have to think.

Ah yes, that is one reason I am loving SL - no need to think. I too am keeping things simple. Save my *thinking* for those that pay my salary!!!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hello all. After a 2 week hiatus (for a much needed vacation), I'm back to catching up on my runs and training for a half marathon in early March. I managed (quite easily) not to run in Hawaii except for 6 miles on the last day. It was hard because I wasn't used to the warm climate and my breathing was all over the place. Once I got back, I ran 11 miles so woohoo, I haven't loss much fitness but I'm so much more slower. Pooh!

SL - Looks like may be starting over, well kind of. I'll have to skip the squats for a bit because of my runs but stay with the upper body SL workouts.

Today's workout:
    Cardio/ Run: 5 miles

SL:
    no squats
    bench press: 5x8@ 55 lbs.
    rows: 5x8@ 55 lbs.
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Swings and kb squats done for today...
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Goblet squats- 3X7X30
    Russian Kettlebell Swings- 22X9X30

I decided to continue with the 30 pound kettle bell since I did not have any DOMS after Monday's workout or Stronglifts yesterday.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Mid-shift day so worked out at newer gym afterwards at about 7 pm. Actually had some people there this time. A few cardio off and on during the time I was there, older gentleman doing some upper body in the beginning and 2 guys at the very end who might have done some lifting but I was leaving at that time. Lower body went decent. For a second I thought my lunges might be catching up too fast to front squat then remembered how heavy it was and I won't be increasing on that one any time soon, so no worries. lol

69 - Lower Hypertrophy

front squat 3x10 @ 95 and 1x6 @ 115 - decided to try 115 since I'd been doing 110 for a while. Little better balance as used the clips to keep the weight in place.
    curtsy lunge 4x8 @ 90 - still challenging
    good morning 4x10 @ 90
    rdl 3x8 @ 140 - calluses were grumpy today in this and sumo
    sumo 3x5 @ 180 - heavy but hoping to get 185 next time
    leg ext 4x9 @ 90

Not much else going on. Need to get my February goals and get some writing stuffs done. And sleep... mmm sleep.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Cardio:
    02/03/16 Run 4.1 km 34 min walk 4.5 km

02/02/16 walk 8 km

01/02/16 Run 3.5 km 32 min walk 5 km

Weightlifting:

3/02/16

Squats 32kg (5*5)

OVER.PRESS 22 kg(5*5)

DEADLIFT 42.5 kg(5*5)

1/02/16

Squats 29.5 kg (5*5)

BENCH PRESS 27 kg (5*5)

BrBll ROW 30 kg (5*5)

Really nice post for keeping log and motivating myself!
  • christch
    christch Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tonight's session
    Bench 1x535,37.5,3x2 40, 3x12 30kg
    DB bench 4x12 12kg
    Incline bench 4x12 10kg
    OH Press 3x12 17.5kg
    DB hammer curl 1x5 12kg, 3x15 10kg
    Seated row 3x12 33+ kg
    Lat pulldown 3x12 33+kg
    Preacher curl 3x12 17.5kg