Wanted to comment on this

Options
13»

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Agreed - totally love this group. I love that I can ask questions here that feel "wrong" anywhere else.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Bumping another Feinman post:
    camtosh wrote: »
    I am reading Richard Feinman's "The World Turned Upside Down" now, and in Chapter 11 found this:

"It is worth noting how well having level blood sugar makes me feel. When my blood sugar goes over 200 mg/dl, I start to feel melodramatic and have an elevated emotional response to even minor difficulties."

This is so true of a lot of the people I know who struggle with weight loss!

My DH, being type II diabetic had a glaringly obvious reaction to his sugar imbalance - he became physically aggressive. Not violent - he never hit me or injured me - but we had a few breakages round the house - and on 2 separate occasions, actually gripped me round the neck.

That's hard for me to admit, but I understood all along, it wasn't "him" - and he would be the first to admit the different incidents scared the bejeezus out of him too.....he got help.

Now? He's on the LCHF lifestyle, and you wouldn't believe the transformation. He's a different person, and so much more mellow and totally good-natured.

Proof positive of the above quotation.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Bumping another Feinman post:
    camtosh wrote: »
    I am reading Richard Feinman's "The World Turned Upside Down" now, and in Chapter 11 found this:
    "It is worth noting how well having level blood sugar makes me feel. When my blood sugar goes over 200 mg/dl, I start to feel melodramatic and have an elevated emotional response to even minor difficulties."

This is so true of a lot of the people I know who struggle with weight loss!

My DH, being type II diabetic had a glaringly obvious reaction to his sugar imbalance - he became physically aggressive. Not violent - he never hit me or injured me - but we had a few breakages round the house - and on 2 separate occasions, actually gripped me round the neck.

That's hard for me to admit, but I understood all along, it wasn't "him" - and he would be the first to admit the different incidents scared the bejeezus out of him too.....he got help.

Now? He's on the LCHF lifestyle, and you wouldn't believe the transformation. He's a different person, and so much more mellow and totally good-natured.

Proof positive of the above quotation.

Whew. That's pretty compelling testimony! Glad he flipped the keto switch.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    This is group is O.K. I guess.....just kidding everyone is awesome and I am here everyday
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yep this community is one of the very few sites that I visit on a daily basis. I'm aways learning something new here & the positive attitudes are great!!
  • poli22
    poli22 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    <3:)