Daily check in

Options

Replies

• msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Binge free for a week here and really pleased :)
    AWESOME!!!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Did it again with the cookies last night, on top of a big Easter dinner. I don't think the scale will be going down this week.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Was basically a mini-binge for me last night. I ate all the Cadbury eggs.... I work an odd night shift tonight, so there will be no binging opportunity... I can polish off the chocolate bunny tomorrow. Why do grown adults give each other chocolates for Easter? :huh:
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    sloth3toes wrote: »
    Was basically a mini-binge for me last night. I ate all the Cadbury eggs.... I work an odd night shift tonight, so there will be no binging opportunity... I can polish off the chocolate bunny tomorrow. Why do grown adults give each other chocolates for Easter? :huh:

I don't get Cadbury eggs... they taste like chocolate covered melted wax to me.

And I now have shin splints from running. This has really disappointed me as I was thoroughly enjoying running and working on my distances. Now I have to take a break, which bums me out. Rather, I will have to do other forms of cardio I guess. But I'll miss running. Pout.
  • msty112
    Options
    I agree with @RespectTheKitty, Cadbury cream eggs have never appealed to me. The caramel filled ones on the other hand.. Yum!

It is another stressful Monday for me. Definitely fighting to urge to binge today.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I agree with both of you, I got a mix of the generic whateverthehell that is inside ones, and caramel ones. Did you know there are now Oreo Cadbury Eggs, too? I'd seen them advertised, and in the stores, and secretly hoped to get some. I had sorta planned on giving some too... but, the road to hell, and all that.... Anyhow, I'd alternate between one of the nondescript 'creme' ones and a caramel one. I consider that self control. :huh:
    @RespectTheKitty ~ As long as you can keep doing some kinda cardio.... maybe you'll learn to enjoy it, like you do running.

draft_lens17886872module149790625photo_1303785205thoughtful_smiley.JPG
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You shall not speak ill of the majesty that is the Cadbury cream egg.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have survived easter without a single choc egg of any description. Binge free for 8 days now.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have survived easter without a single choc egg of any description. Binge free for 8 days now.

I am so impressed, what is your secret?!
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    ab6046 wrote: »

I went back to ketogenic eating/ very low carb, high fat, moderate protien. I know it is not popular with most but i did a lot of research before starting it 2 years ago and the 3 months I stuck with it then, I did very well on it, then I thought I could handle normal meals out as treats. I was wrong , I fell right back into binge eating junk and it took me until last monday to get back on track. Keto really suits me because after first few days my hunger gets dialed down to a level that I imagine non eating disorder people have. After first week once transitioned I start feeling really clean and more well than on any other eating style. It is just the best way of eating for me. For me because it is not an exciting way of eating, it brings eating back to a functional thing for my body rather than a compulsive or emotional thing. It becomes more like other addictions where you can actually choose never to take that first drink etc. I can choose never to eat that first high carb meal. It may not be for most but it works for me.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    You shall not speak ill of the majesty that is the Cadbury cream egg.

Preach it, Brutha Mike!

@ObesityWarrior "Wooooohooooooo!" Whatever works for you, you will receive no condemnation here :)

I have had a wild weekend. Choir practice Thursday, volleyball Friday, wedding Saturday, church, cantata, then dinner guests Sunday. All of these stressful social intensive gatherings involved food. Abundant, fatty, carby food. I try to limit myself to one social gathering per week. I'm an extreme introvert. Situations that require that I be "on" make me crazy. I usually either turn to food or rum to anchor me. Since almost all of these events involved church, it was Binge City for me.

The kid had a sleep over yesterday and Mr Jeepgirl had work, so I had a day to recover. Feel MUCH better today. No desire to binge. Had a healthy breakfast today and I am happy to report that the two remaining Cadbury eggs do not seem to be screaming my name right now.

• RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Last night I woke up in the middle of the night, and found myself in the kitchen again. I opened the cabinet and looked at those damn cookies (by now there's not much left of them). I even reached for them. But something told me to stop, and I CLOSED THE CABINET AND WENT BACK TO BED without eating any cookies! I am so proud of myself this morning.

The Easter weekend has got me feeling very bloated this week. I highly doubt I will have lost any weight on my weigh-in today. Maybe I'll put off weighing myself for a few more days.
  • msty112
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty Awesome victory over the cookies!!!
  • mweckler
    Options
    Someone brought in a box or chocolate covered marshmallow eggs, and I have been having a staring contest with them for 2 days now. I think they are mocking me right now, daring me to eat them. But I must remain strong.
  • irishjeepgirl1969
    irishjeepgirl1969 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty, YOU RAWK!!! B)

I see you dropped another pesky pound, too. Go gurl
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ab6046 wrote: »

I went back to ketogenic eating/ very low carb, high fat, moderate protien. I know it is not popular with most but i did a lot of research before starting it 2 years ago and the 3 months I stuck with it then, I did very well on it, then I thought I could handle normal meals out as treats. I was wrong , I fell right back into binge eating junk and it took me until last monday to get back on track. Keto really suits me because after first few days my hunger gets dialed down to a level that I imagine non eating disorder people have. After first week once transitioned I start feeling really clean and more well than on any other eating style. It is just the best way of eating for me. For me because it is not an exciting way of eating, it brings eating back to a functional thing for my body rather than a compulsive or emotional thing. It becomes more like other addictions where you can actually choose never to take that first drink etc. I can choose never to eat that first high carb meal. It may not be for most but it works for me.

That's great that it's worked so well for you. I've had mixed results with keto. The first time it was awesome, but the second time I felt a lot more deprived and obsessive about carbs, which I feel actually set off this bingeing cycle. I may have to give it another shot when I'm not bingeing so frequently.

Respectthekitty amazing about last nights cookie dodge! Congrats!
  • msty112
    Options
    Going on 6 days without a binge, the urge is definitely there though. One day at a time...
  • mweckler
    Options
    @msty112 good job, how did the rest of your night go? Were you able to hold out and not binge last night?
  • msty112
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    @msty112 good job, how did the rest of your night go? Were you able to hold out and not binge last night?

I fell asleep pretty much immediately after I posted that. Super stressful morning so far, refrigerator stopped working sometime during the night, the dog threw up all over the carpet, and my daughter appears to being cutting a molar so she's in a beastly mood. Going to be nice out today so hopefully the fresh air will clear my mind.
  • mweckler
    Options
    AHHHHHH well as long as you limit the amount you go in and out of the fridge most items should be able to hold a safe temp. Once it comes back up take temperatures of anything you are thinking of saving, food can only be between the temperature of 40 - 135 degrees for a maximum of 4 hours. If it is longer than that bacteria begins to breed and grow and that is how people get sick, because even cooking the food will not get rid of all the harmful bacteria after that time frame. I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 2 kids I know all about vomit, poop, and teething, they are all awful. Days like that are never a good to wake up to. For your daughter try to make her comfortable I know a company name Hylands made a teething tablet that was all natural and helped my kids when they were teething.