Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
How are you doing?

Replies

• lucky1822
    lucky1822 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well only one pound down and was really hoping it would have been a little better but im gonna stay focused.
  • MrsMck22
    MrsMck22 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    One pound down is still one pound down, great work! Keep focused and motivated and the "one pound"s will start adding up :-)
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    good and you? lol. I had a great right up till visitors late in the afternoon. ran a bath for the 2 granddaughters and left in running while I made a cup of tea. you guessed it! it was forgotten, about an hour later water was coming into the kitchen, the whole house was flooded, just finished mopping up, exhausted!
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I really like this challenge because it has taken me about two months to really get into making MFP work for me.

This month I am going to

1. Not really care about the scale
    2. Focus on the process:

- Meeting my food goals - Eating all my normal calories and then a proportion of my exercise calories depending on the activity
    - Logging everything
    - Not having a "blow out day" - Can't do it because I will be booted off the challenge LOL!
    - Varying my exercise everyday: Walking (Rehabbing my twisted ankle), Elliptical, Kettlebell, Weights, Stationary bike, push ups,
    - Do AbRipperX - from P90X 15 times!

3. Get enough sleep!

Let's all get through this challenge!
  • caradae
    Options
    @lucky- One pound since starting the challenge?

@margie- Oh, no! Yay for added exercise at least? I hope no permanent damage was done. :(

@Turnaround- I'm thrilled you're not going to care about the scale anymore. It's hard to do. But what's important are the things that *should* (but don't necessarily always) result in weight loss: exercising every day and not overeating. You do those two things and even if you don't lose any weight, you'll be healthier.
  • moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My exercise is walking, my knees are crap but we have a trail system near our house that is flat and perfect and follows along the ocean (used to be train tracks)

In a previous challenge in May we also had a commitment to exercise at least 20mins a day. and that got me out of the house walking nearly every day. Now I actually look forward to it. I have an iphone so 2 things I have that motivate me while walking are an app called MAP MY WALk which tracks your distance by GPS and I also wear a Fitbit that tracks my steps and interacts with MFP. So I am gradually increasing my distance and steps. With these gadgets and the threat of being tossed from the challenge if I don't track and keep within the calorie budget I'm hoping that I will have a successful month.

Does anyone else have any tips or tricks that helps them to stay on track and motivated? Your tips might be a great help to someone else.
  • SavingSarah41
    SavingSarah41 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I hope that your first day was awesome!!!

Just a little update on myself. Yesterday was my birthday and in 1 year I will be 40. So I made a birthday promise to myself. I will lose 100 lbs over the next year. I have changed my daily calorie intake and exercise according to what I will be doing for the next year. I want to be out of the 200's by my 40th!!! I hope that these changes are ok to still be in this challenge. My personal goals to make my 40th birthday is to lose the 100 lbs and to donate my hair to Locks of Love. I have already been growing it for a year and even though it is extremely hot on me at this time of the year it will be worth giving enough hair to possibly make 2 wigs for children that are fighting for their lives!! I already have the minimum amount of 9 inches, going for 18+ inches!!!!

Everyone have an awesome day 2 and thank you for letting me rant!!!
  • caradae
    Options
    @moneil- I mostly do walking too for my exercise. I love walking. On the rare occasion that I don't feel like walking, I motivate myself by loading up my iPod with new music. That's also how I reward myself for lost weight: every pound I lose equals a song I can purchase from amazon. It's an inexpensive way to motivate myself, and it's a way to reward myself every week instead of just every month (which would be the case if I were rewarding myself for every 5 pounds lost, which is what I used to do).

Does anyone else have any reward ideas?
  • caradae
    Options

Just a little update on myself. Yesterday was my birthday and in 1 year I will be 40. So I made a birthday promise to myself. I will lose 100 lbs over the next year. I have changed my daily calorie intake and exercise according to what I will be doing for the next year. I want to be out of the 200's by my 40th!!! I hope that these changes are ok to still be in this challenge. My personal goals to make my 40th birthday is to lose the 100 lbs and to donate my hair to Locks of Love. I have already been growing it for a year and even though it is extremely hot on me at this time of the year it will be worth giving enough hair to possibly make 2 wigs for children that are fighting for their lives!! I already have the minimum amount of 9 inches, going for 18+ inches!!!!

Happy birthday! 100 pounds is a lot to lose in one year, but I've heard of people doing it.

I envy your ability to donate your hair. My hair takes *years* to grow just a few inches.

I hope you hit your 100-pound goal, and I hope the challenge helps you do it.
  • miridai
    miridai Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :smile:
    Tomorrow I´m going on vacation to Mallorca, so I hope I will be able to keep up the work I started by making it through the June challenge. And I especially hope there will be wi-fi available to be able to login into MFP. It is going to very hard not to overeat, but I´ve promised myself that I would try to eat only healthy food, fish, veggies, fruit and no fries!!! :laugh:
    I´ll probably won´t be able to track all the discussion, just try to check-in as needed.
    Have a great week, focus on feeling well in your own body and not on the scales :wink:
  • caradae
    Options
    Have a fun vacation, miridai! I've noted on my spread sheet that if you don't login for a week, it's because you're not able to.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    @caradae I'm currently using 5-pound rewards. I buy myself clothes or exercise equipment. For my first major milestone, I'm going to plan a day-hike somewhere beautiful!

@moneil Two things that help me are positive self-talk and a morning ritual to recommit myself to being healthy every day. I think everyone needs to find what particularly speaks to them, but this is one of the things that speaks to me:

I know what is within me, even if I can't see it yet.
    I have something more important than courage; I have patience.
    I will become what I know I am.
    ___

I'm going to start recording all the no-calorie drinks I have this month. I think I'm going to realize I drink more caffeine than I think I do! :)
  • moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @gormanGhaste Thank you. every little trick or ritual will help. I'm going to write your saying down and read it each morning. I like it it's to the point and short.
    Don't worry I'm not going to become obsessed with every suggestion so that I have no time in my day. But I will pick the suggestions that speak to me.
    Mary Lee
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing so well so far.
    I hope that we can keep up this great momentum throughout the month. =)

So far, so good... I have the day off today so I have been extremely lazy, however I plan on going for a walk later tonight.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

- B
  • Hisgrace00
    Hisgrace00 Posts: 17
    Options
    Today was a rough day in staying focus with my emotions to not over eat. I am so happy that I did not with over 350 still remaining for a very light dinner. :flowerforyou:
  • Hisgrace00
    Hisgrace00 Posts: 17
    Options

Wow! I wish you all the best on your new journey to fitness and health! What a wonderful thing to do to donate, what a blessing! :flowerforyou:
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Been very crazy here with situations that are out of my control, stressing out makes me eat less and no I don't binge eat :) I'm still rocking my hungry girl cookbook and trying to get the hang of my metformin....this will be a work in progress. I'll be getting a blender soon so I will soon be able to make smoothies with flax seeds to help with sweet tooth craving and hoping to lose more weight.

Last challenge I lost 7lbs. so this time I hope to lose a total of 10 lbs or heck even another 7 would be awesome.
  • Solimama
    Solimama Posts: 5
    Options
    Date: 7/2
    Exercised?: (Yes
    Calories?: (Yes
    Tracked?: (Yes
  • phillysfrog
    Options
    I'm super excited tonight. In mid october I was measured at a pkus size store for new bras and since then I've just kept buying the same size. I only wear sports bras so I didn't think much of it until the ones I bought friday didn't fit like normal, so I measured my bust this evening and ..........

IVE LOST 6 INCHES IN MY BUST MEASUREMENT!!!!
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited tonight. In mid october I was measured at a pkus size store for new bras and since then I've just kept buying the same size. I only wear sports bras so I didn't think much of it until the ones I bought friday didn't fit like normal, so I measured my bust this evening and ..........

IVE LOST 6 INCHES IN MY BUST MEASUREMENT!!!!

Way to go MO...told you might have been losing some inches! Keep it up!!!!!