Participant Updates

Options

Replies

• margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    another nice day for me today, making saturday my weigh in day.
    194 lb, yay I started at 196 so I am happy about that. great to see people on here chatting. keep up the great work, the reward is ours!
  • gg177
    gg177 Posts: 35
    Options
    We all made it through the fourth, lets see if we can make it through the weekend!
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of parties on the 4th. Was worried about going over calories and ended up under-eating a little. I really need to write an essay or two, so I can be more relaxed about these things!

Today's my two month mfp anniversary. Lost five pounds this month, bringing my total to 17 pounds lost.
  • caradae
    caradae Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of parties on the 4th. Was worried about going over calories and ended up under-eating a little. I really need to write an essay or two, so I can be more relaxed about these things!

Today's my two month mfp anniversary. Lost five pounds this month, bringing my total to 17 pounds lost.

Alright! That's awesome!

Yes, definitely consider writing some essays. They come in handy for holidays and emergency miscellaney (miscellanea?).
  • caradae
    Options
    another nice day for me today, making saturday my weigh in day.
    194 lb, yay I started at 196 so I am happy about that. great to see people on here chatting. keep up the great work, the reward is ours!

Margie, I'm so happy for you! You deserve it after all the hard work you put in last month.
  • caradae
    Options
    I figure loading and unloading luggage into and out of the van will knock out about 10 minutes of exercise each day, but I plan to try to get a minimum of 20 minutes, hoping more like 30 before I leave in the morning........and I will do 20-30 minimum when I get home Sunday. I'm also going to challenge myself to fit in a walk around the park whlle the kids are playing back home to offset the 10 total hours of sitting in the van for the trip.............I might even throw in some jumping jacks, lunges and/or dance moves too!!!

Wish me luck!!!!

KL,

Good luck!

Loading and unloading luggage is exactly what I mean by "almost anything counts as exercise." Going to the gym is excellent, but you can get a good workout lifting suitcases for 20 mintues too.
  • caradae
    Options

Measure your progress in as many ways as possible

in no particular order..

Inches - lost or gained
    Pictures
    Physical challenges - how many pushups in 30 minutes, how fast to run a mile
    Resting Pulse Rate
    Learn to use a Heart Rate Monitor properly
    Get a fitbit, Nike Fuelband, etc. etc. etc.
    Learn different ways to measure bodyfat
    Go to doctor and check Blood Pressure, Cholesterol etc.
    Find a pair of pants that you can't get into now and try them on every day.

The scale - don't freak out if you have big weight fluctuations, it is what it is.

Good scale tip - If you measure every day - take a 10 day running average of your weight, make a new item to track in MFP, and watch "real progress"

I love this! I hate seeing people quit because of the scale. It's just one (very general) way of measuring progress. My husband is my main method of measurement. If my husband notices I'm smaller, then I'm doing great.
  • caradae
    Options
    This challenge is working out pretty good for me. On my own I always skip a day,(or weeks), and this way I can't hide a bad day. So far I'm following the Eat to Live nutritarian way of eating by Dr. Furhman, and I have lost 7lbs and my energy level has gone nuts, and all the bloating went away. Have started trying to run, and have been doing yoga, or whatever you'd call what I am doing thats supposed to be yoga. :)

"or whatever you'd call what I am doing thats supposed to be yoga. :)"

Lol.

I'm glad the challenge is working for you, and congratulations on losing the 7 pounds so far (or more, at this point).
  • caradae
    Options
    I'm super excited I lost my first 5lbs since I started my weight loss plan last Wed.! Also loss inches in almost all measurements!! :flowerforyou:

Yay!! Super happy for you! :)
  • Hisgrace00
    Hisgrace00 Posts: 17
    Options
    I have to admit, I over ate in junk food yesterday, that's all I was craving! However if it wasn't for this group, I would have definitely over indulge and blew my calories way out of the water. But today is a new day and I have regain focus and keep my goal in mind! :flowerforyou:
  • caradae
    Options
    I have to admit, I over ate in junk food yesterday, that's all I was craving! However if it wasn't for this group, I would have definitely over indulge and blew my calories way out of the water. But today is a new day and I have regain focus and keep my goal in mind! :flowerforyou:

I've had those days too. It's not good to eat 1800 calories worth of junk, but that's better than eating 4,000 calories worth of junk, which is what I'd do too if not for the fact that I'd have to report it to you guys.
  • margieparkins
    Options
    we don't all make the right choices but we are learning to stay under our calories and that is a step in the right direction, well done for doing just that! :flowerforyou:
  • margieparkins
    Options
    thanks caradae, you know it!!! remember July is MINE! lol how are you going?
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge. I really like reading everyone's updates - this is a really "upbeat" challenge!
  • caradae
    Options
    Thank you, Turnaround! I like how you have "upbeat" in quotes. Haha.

Margie, I'm doing great! I got a full-time job, which means, in addition to not losing my place (yay!), I'm away from the fridge 40 hours a week, which makes dieting so much easier.
  • phillysfrog
    Options
    Just checking in to say I'm still here. Lol. Sunday is the start to my reformatted diet and exercise plan. Been stuck for too long and need to get it progressing again.
  • caradae
    Options
    Hi, phillys. Good luck with the new plan. :)
  • Turnaround2012
    Turnaround2012 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Next week is going to be an interesting because I will be on a 7 day business trip! Airport food, going out to restaurants with co-workers from all over the country, etc. etc. etc.

But a challenge would not be a challenge if it was easy to do .. .would it now?

I really like how this challenge is like the NCAA basketball tournament - You lose one day.. you are out of the tournament!

--- I want to be posting a week from now "Yes, Yes, Yes" because I have kept my focus and stayed in the challenge.

--- I resolve not to be "Challenge Roadkill" LOL
  • KLWelty
    KLWelty Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am back from my trip home, including two gas station stops with the kids each way.......and meals out with family.......and I did it! I came in under calories on both days! I actually stood inside a Dairy Queen on the way home tonight, and let the kids order their dinner........and just ordered Diet Coke. I ate a builder bar and waited until we got home and made salad, AFTER I did 30 minutes on my bike. I would never have made it if not for the challenge!!! Thank you for keeping me on track for the first time EVER in 30 years of making this trip with my kids!!!
  • margieparkins
    Options
    I had such a triumph toniht, made a boniffee pie, I did not lick, taste, or smell, was amazed at my self control