March 2016 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    kar328 wrote: »
    Starting out with a 2 mile run/walk on the dreaded treadmill. My brain couldn't go longer. I hope to get outside tomorrow, my last day of vacation, and add bigger numbers. Met with the dietician today to rework my numbers since I'm not only in a plateau, I've gained a few pounds - apparently I need more calories and more fat (peanut butter is on the shopping list) The dreaded PCOS. She gave great suggestions and new numbers and I'm excited to see what it can do.

exercise.png
    I found this interesting. Adams is a great sugar free peanut butter but also did she say avocados, coconut oil, almond butter, black olives etc for a GOOD fat? IMO they are much better than peanut butter but that's just it IMOP. Best wishes cuz you have done awesome so far!

She stressed fats in general. I'm the lazy one who just grabs the peanut butter. I did pick up some sunflower seed butter as well. Not a fan of avocados and trying to get up the nerve to try to add the coconut oil to coffee like so many people rave about. I'm big on cheeses too. I'll look into the Adams peanut butter, thanks and thanks for the compliment :smiley:

14.6 miles today, walked a few, cycled more than I walked. Both after a TRX class that was tough - the instructor just came back from a ski trip reenergized apparently. I'm a little afraid of what she'll have us to tomorrow in the TRX/kettle bell combo class.

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Let's start the month off right with 29 miles out of 200. :smile:

Adding 16 miles for 45 out of 200.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Mar. 2: Finally I am breathing better and my congestion is reducing. I got 8 hours sleep after a week of only 5 a night. Walked 4.95 miles and used my school air dyne for another 5 miles for a total of 9.95 miles.
    TTD: 20.17 Miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Starting out with a 2 mile run/walk on the dreaded treadmill. My brain couldn't go longer. I hope to get outside tomorrow, my last day of vacation, and add bigger numbers. Met with the dietician today to rework my numbers since I'm not only in a plateau, I've gained a few pounds - apparently I need more calories and more fat (peanut butter is on the shopping list) The dreaded PCOS. She gave great suggestions and new numbers and I'm excited to see what it can do.

exercise.png
    I found this interesting. Adams is a great sugar free peanut butter but also did she say avocados, coconut oil, almond butter, black olives etc for a GOOD fat? IMO they are much better than peanut butter but that's just it IMOP. Best wishes cuz you have done awesome so far!

She stressed fats in general. I'm the lazy one who just grabs the peanut butter. I did pick up some sunflower seed butter as well. Not a fan of avocados and trying to get up the nerve to try to add the coconut oil to coffee like so many people rave about. I'm big on cheeses too. I'll look into the Adams peanut butter, thanks and thanks for the compliment :smiley:

14.6 miles today, walked a few, cycled more than I walked. Both after a TRX class that was tough - the instructor just came back from a ski trip reenergized apparently. I'm a little afraid of what she'll have us to tomorrow in the TRX/kettle bell combo class.

exercise.png

@kar328: You brought the subject of fats up and this was on my healthy blog today. Thought you might be interested.

A Beginner's Guide to Fat - Hello HealthyHello Healthy http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/a-beginners-guide-to-fat/

Char
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,841 Member
    Options
    3/1 Run 4 miles / Walk 3 miles / Stationary bike 6.5 miles
    3/2 Treadmill (Run 3.9 mph - Walk 3.5 mph) 8 miles / Elliptical 3 miles

As of 3/2 24.50 of 200 miles

exercise.png
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    going for 25 miles this month

3.43 miles on the bike and treadmill

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    26.5 on the ex bike today. We got wet heavy snow today but should be in the upper 50's this weekend so it won't last long!!

exercise.png
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 3 miles

exercise.png

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    Walked w/the boys this morning then got on the bike for 46 mins and an episode of Lucifer then went to 1st grade. A good day! Supposed to rain tomorrow. Wait...I forget what that is... :o

3/02 - 6.16 miles
    3/02 - 13.00 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Chris
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Adding 5.02 and 5.12 miles walked

10.14 miles walked to date
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Very hot for me today away in South Africa. ...so far 6 miles walked
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yearly walking challenge: 214/1200 miles

March goal: 110 Miles

3/01: 4 miles (and I'm off!!!)
    3/02: 5 miles

9/110
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 4.69 miles

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    3/2 - 2.48 miles walking
    Total to date - 4.75 of 124 miles
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Please add me for this month. Going for 70 miles again.
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hello MYA friends! I'm back this month, in for 30 miles. I've been missing for a while, just a lot of things that I'm dealing with. I might be facing another surgery :neutral:
    But, Im pushing forward, and trying not to focus on that. Pain comes and goes, but life is a blessing. On a happy note, I was interviewed by the local news about my accident and put in contact with my rescuers! What an incredible experience. I think first responders never get enough recognition for the work that they do.

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    @Clepant - I saw that article pop up too. I chuckled, but read it. I just wrote down a bunch of good fats and the amounts to keep in my kitchen, and one to take to work, since I end my day there three times a week.

2.5 mile quick walk today, trying to get a lot done before returning to work tonight :neutral: Vacations go too fast.

exercise.png

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.99 miles walked today

15.33 miles walked to date
This discussion has been closed.