SL5x5 - B

Squat: 5x5 110lb
    OHP: 4/4/3/3/1 55lb (fail city)
    DL: 1x5 130lb

• Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Deena_Bean wrote: »
    I lost my groove and ended up flying straight down the hill like a freaking Olympic skier. I was literally crying I was so scared, but I somehow pulled it together and tucked my poles in, bent a little at the knees and when I hit any of the little bumps that launched me I just remembered to keep my knees together. I probably "looked" like I knew what I was doing - but I can promise you I was terrified and fearing for my life and anyone's who got in my way LOL. My poor husband. We were on a flat spot together before a larger hill and I was trying to just weave back and forth slowly - when I lost my groove I flew by him at rocket speed and he yelled, "Slow down!" All I could say was, "I caaaaaannnnnn't" as I flew by. He was just as scared as me - he flew down the hill, but I was going so fast he didn't even catch me - met me at the bottom. He even had tears in his eyes LOL. What a day. I have to say I was SUPER impressed that I didn't fall or take anyone out. It was a Festivus Miracle.

Oh my god! That sounds terrifying - and your poor husband! Bet you looked good to everyone else, though :smiley:
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Deena_Bean- WoW! I am glad you are okay!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Haha, sounds like a real comedy moment there! I've been skiing for 30 years so am reasonably proficient, but I have certainly had my moments over the years!

Due to hubby getting an earlier train yesterday, I didn't get to the gym again last night. Did go for my 2 mile run this morning though.

And am buying a new 16kg kettlebell today, so that I can workout at home when I can't get to the gym. I've outgrown my previous kettlebells already!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kimiuzzell- Yeah! I'm loving the Kettlebell! I might use the little ones as lawn ornaments or paper weights...
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Workout 10
    Workout A

Squat
    Set 1: 78 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 78 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 78 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 78 lbs × 6

Bench Press
    Set 1: 59.1 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 59.1 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 59.4 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 59.1 lbs × 6

Bent Over Row
    Set 1: 61.1 lbs × 6
    Set 2: 61.1 lbs × 6
    Set 3: 61.1 lbs × 6
    Set 4: 61.1 lbs × 6
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    So, today's workout involved buying the kettlebell and carrying it through town back to my car. Seriously got some funny looks as I am in work gear....black pencil skirt and stiletto heels haha!! Must have looked odd tottering along clutching my new purchase!!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I swear it was a total miracle that I didn't fall on that ski trip. I did on the bunny hill, but it was on purpose to avoid hitting an out of control small child LOL. Thankfully, and luckily, I'm a fairly athletic/fit person - I think that was the biggest reason I pulled off the miracle hill without falling or killing anyone. I don't know if I'll ever leave the beginner hill again, but I'll go back. On a side note - we bought my skis before the trip and during my lesson the instructor commented on them - that they were 'fast' skis. So I think that was a problem for me being a beginner. Next time we'll rent the skis they have - "slow" skis seem better LOL.

Today was treadmill day - ran 2 miles, walked 1 (warm-up .5 mi, mid break .25, cool down .25). I have been feeling really physically tired lately...not sure why. I'm wondering if I'm lacking something in my diet that provides energy.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kimiuzzell - Very vivid picture! LOL

Stronglifts Workout

Squats-1X5X 95/100/105/110, 5X5X 115
    Sumo squats-5X5X 100
    BP-1X5X 50/55/60/65, 5X5X 70
    BR-5X5X 85

I am still doing a deload on this work out so that I can survive doing kettle bell swings later during the day.
  • Isca_1
    Isca_1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Shoulder is giving me a bit of issues today. Trying to stretch it out. Had some trouble with the OHP, I have carpel tunnel in both hands, but the left was twinging today. I wasn't wearing my elbow wrap, so maybe it helps more than I think.

Stronglifts

Squat - 5x5@155pds
    OHP - 5/5/5/2/1@ 65lbs (really sharp pain in the wrist by the thumb, so I just stopped)
    DL - 1x5@ 155lbs

• fanncy0626
    Options
    10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

Goblet squat-3X7X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 5X 10 X 30

Challenge Total- 1500

This definitely is quite a challenge. More so because I am still doing my weight lifting routine. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    This morning I tried out a basic Vinyasa yoga class (more challenging with going from pose to pose and I don't know them all yet) then at noon did a basic Hatha class. Then it was just work as usual.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    omg dimel deadlifts. such a short range of motion and such an 'accessory' weight you wouldn't think they would be very much. but 3x15 of those little hairballs at 95lb is a LOT. especially if you warmed up with 4 sets of 5 before you got to that weight. i'm falling asleep as i type.

benched 77.5 for 3x5 for mr t. was going to claim that as my highest bench ever, but i'm pretty sure i remember one instance of 80 pounds somewhere back in the day so i kept quiet in the gym. but i think it might actually be my pr for reps/sets. i barely made 5 on the last set, and the final rep was a grind. but on the other hand, that is the set where i forgot to plant my feet first, so it came to you without any courtesy of the leg drive. i'm counting it and claiming that i could have gotten two or three more if i'd had leg drive in it :)

dimels at 95, as mentioned in the whine-fest above. i'm not saying anything, but i'm sort of daunted by the pace mr t is setting for me with this lift. it's only been a couple of weeks and i think he's been jumping it by 10 pounds each time. it's technically for my hamstrings, but you should see what 15 reps does for your grip as well.

rows 75, 3x8. although i did accidentally do a set of 5 at 80 to start with, and then i went down. like with bench these were 'easy', until i reached the last couple of reps. then they weren't.

squat still suck. i fold forward like a broken tent pole no matter what. and i baffle him :D so we're in full remedial mode now. we're going to take the lift apart entirely and have me do each component section of it at a time.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    @Deena_Bean , scary experience! But glad you are okay!
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    Upper hypertrophy day.

barbell incline bench: 3x12 @ 21.5kg
    flat bench dumbbell fly: 3x12 @ 6kg - just been watching a video and I definitely don't go back / down far enough, so I need to work on that
    seated cable row: 3x12 @ 21.15kg
    one arm dumbbell row: 3x10 @ 16kg
    dumbbell lateral raise: 3x10 @ 4kg - oof, these are hard! I don't think of myself as a 4kg dumbbell kinda girl, but anything bigger is impossible!
    seated incline dumbbell curl: 3x10 @ 6kg - again, quite a low weight, but I hurt my bicep the other week trying to curl a dumbbell by husband had been working with, which was far too heavy!
    Cable tricep extension: 3x10 @ 11.75kg

I'm typing this and feeling inspired by @Sumiblue's abs in the avatar just above me. :smiley:

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    @Ariadnula , aw thanks :D
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglifts Rest Day

10,000 Kettlebell Swing Challenge

Goblet squat-3X7 acts 25
    Russian kettle bell swing-34X 15 X 25

Today I decided to do more reps per set. So I did 34 sets of 15 swings. Total of 510 swings.

Challenge total 2010 swings.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    SL today...worked up to the following

SQ 5X5 @ 62.5kgs
    BP 5X5 @ 42.5kgs.... New best!
    BR 5X5 @ 45kgs......new best for that too.

So, very pleased.

Then did my 2 mile run on the treadmill.
  • Ariadnula
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »

SQ 5X5 @ 62.5kgs

So, very pleased.

42.5 bench! And 45 row ... Wow, well done!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    kimiuzzell wrote: »

SQ 5X5 @ 62.5kgs

So, very pleased.

Amazing workout! Congrats on the new best BP and BR!